Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 2:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime
Default Male and Female Sim wearing clothes in Shower
All of a sudden one of my newly created female characters started showering in a dress ( the first time she showered.) I figured there was an issue with this particular item, so I removed it. (The item is the tiered dress with the belly-shirt at Rose sim. I have had the item for ages.) That sim is now showering in a Maxis dress. (this character is not afraid to be nude, or inappropriate.) I thought that the problem was contained to this household, but another household, in the same city, now has the same problem. Only this time the character is a male and he is wearing (Maxis?) swimtrunks. Both were young adults.

I've run dashboard, there are no conflicts.

Ideas on what to do? I saw another post that recommends changing them into all Maxis clothing, showering, and then changing back, but that person's problem was isolated to just one sim....
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 4:38 AM
I ran into this some time ago. I tried multiple options to correct the situation. Like you, I even deleted what I believed the offending item was and it was replaced by a maxis item. I ended up deleting the sim and eventually the game figuring it was screwed. Since you can't really edit the "nude" category as you do the other 5 categories, it becomes that much harder to correct. If I remember correctly, Pescado fixed this situation with AwesomeMod.

The cause - a creator makes an article of clothing available in the "nude" category and makes it available as random. To manually avoid this, I have opened all CAS Custom Content in Delphy's CAS Texture Unitool and unchecked the box for the "nude" category for all items. The problem no longer exists in my game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Mar 2010 at 9:17 PM Last edited by kendrajayne : 14th Mar 2010 at 5:46 AM.
Would you mind running me through how to do that?

I DL'd Delphy's Unitool, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to open up custom content. It looks like all it will show me is the Maxis stuff?

Edit: I'm also going to try and get the AwesomeMod and see if it helps.

Edit 2: Nope, didn't work. However, I am now noticing that other sims are changing skins when showering as well. It is happening in all neighborhoods. The most recent sim to change went into naked, but in a completely different, non-default skintone. weird.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 11:51 PM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 7th Apr 2010 at 5:42 AM. Reason: added wiki link
if you want to attempt to correct the content with CTU, try this:
  1. Open CTU
  2. Click on "File" at the top left of the window
  3. Click on "Open"
  4. Navigate your way to your packages folder (mine is under C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff\Mods\Packages)
  5. Select a file/package you want to edit
  6. Click the "Open" button. CTU will load the package file
  7. Click on the "Part Category" tab (see partcategory image below)
  8. This is where you check to see if the item is "checked" for the proper areas: Type, CAS Part Type, Age, Gender, Category, Extended Category, and Other. Depending on what the item is, will also determine which boxes should be checked.

Example: the image I attached is for a Female skirt. so the Type=Body, CAS Part Type=Bottom, Age=YA & A, Gender=Female, Category=Sleepwear - Swimwear & Athletic, Extended Category=Valid for Random, Other=Human.

For making sure an item doesn't show up in the "Nude Category" look under Category and make sure the "Nude" box is NOT checked.
  9. When your finished making changes, Click on the "Commit" button
  10. Click on "File"
  11. Click on "Save"

This should correct the problem with an item showing up where it doesn't belong.

NOTE: Once the sim started wearing an item in the shower, I was not able to stop them. I thought by deleting the .package file it would eliminate the problem. However, when I tried the game again, the problem item was replaced by a Maxis default.

Perhaps, in theory, if you correct the problem item as opposed to deleting it, the issue may resolve itself. Not sure, it that will work or not, but correcting the problem item as listed above will prevent it from happening in the future.

moderator edit:
To facilitate future searches by forum members, I edited this post to include the wiki link.

This FAQ now has a Wiki page. Game_Help:Showering_with_clothing_onwiki.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 6:12 AM Last edited by kendrajayne : 18th Mar 2010 at 6:40 AM.
Ahhh, thank-you so much. I am going to try and do this now.

And an extra thanks for the note about not being able to fix it once it started, that is good to know. I would have gone insane trying to fix it.

EDIT: WONDERFUL! The item was selected for naked. I shall remove and see what happens now. Thanks again.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 5:09 PM
Glad it helped. Additionally, when you download new items for CAS, be sure to check them with CTU before placing/installing. As I mentioned before, since I have done so, random items don't show up in the nude category anymore.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 9:04 PM
Um, not trying to threadjack here, but my problem is similar to this (didn't want to start a new thread and take up space when this may be the same problem). It started the other day when I noticed that trying to change my sim into her non-everyday clothes resulted in her hair and clothes becoming Maxis stuff. She also kept her clothes on in the shower. Oddly enough, she changed back to her custom hair and clothes when she went to France. This is the first time this has ever happened since I started playing the game last year.

Is this the same problem or something different? I'd like to use CTU to see if it's what you mentioned, but I'm another person who can't get CTU to open right now.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 9:29 PM
Is this a Sim you have been playing for some time? Changing outfits to Athletic, Sleepwear, Swimwear, etc resorts to Maxis items? Which clothes were kept on in the shower? Does this Sim have the "Never Nude" trait? The change back to custom clothing after going to France baffles me. Have you updated the game recently? Added new clothing?

Delphy did update CTU on Oct 9th, as a result it no longer needs .Net 3.5 but rather .Net 2.0 and DirectX runtime (March 2009) in order to run it. Not sure if you tried it before this or not. Alternatively, you could try Twallen's SuperComputer or Pescado's AwesomeMod, as both give you the option to Edit Sims in CAS from within the game. You should then be able to take the Sim into CAS while they are in the Shower. It does get a bit tricky, so if you're not comfortable doing this you may have to find other options.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 9:45 PM Last edited by KagomeKagome : 26th Mar 2010 at 7:21 PM.
No, this is a new sim. She doesn't have the Never Nude trait. She originally had on some custom everyday clothes and a custom hair before I tried to switch her to sleepwear for bedtime. The result was Maxis clothes and the Maxis hairbun. Tried switching to others and back to everyday, but she wouldn't change out of the Maxis stuff. I put her in CAS and managed to switch her Maxis stuff to custom, and what's strange is that her custom clothes were still showing up for the other categories even though she couldn't access them. I sent her to France because she had the travel want pop up, and next thing I know, she's back in what I originally had as her custom hair and outfit, but when she returned home, she reverted to the new custom hair and outfit. Haven't tried to change to another category of clothing, but I did notice she's still showering and woohooing with the clothes on. Strange, indeed. It's the first time I've ever experienced this.

I have all available versions of .Net, but thanks for mentioning the runtime thing; that could be my problem (though I could have sworn I have that, too).
Field Researcher
#10 Old 26th Mar 2010 at 7:23 PM
OK, just a quick note -- I hate doubleposting, but it's been days since I've posted (it took me three days to go through all of my files and fix them), and just editing the post doesn't push it up so people can see it and help. I'm really, really sorry if I piss someone off. I'm just trying to get help for this if I can.

So I fired up CTU and changed all the troublemaking clothes (in both my mods folder and DCBackup in My Documents), put my sim in the shower for the gender change in CAS, changed her back, and while she has a new hairstyle and everyday outfit, she STILL won't change from the everyday category or get naked. Before I decide to nuke all of my saved games and possibly do a fresh install of the game, does anyone have a another suggestion?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 26th Mar 2010 at 8:40 PM
I don't believe you need to uninstall and reinstall the game. The problem arises when the sim starts wearing clothes in the "Nude" category, I have yet to find a way to correct it. Meaning it's the sim that's a problem, not the game. Simply deleting the problematic sim is the only solution I have found to date. Other sims and new sims won't have this problem once you have fixed the clothes which caused this in the first place.

Either delete the sim that won't change or play the sim "as is" knowing the "Nude" issue will continue.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 26th Mar 2010 at 8:56 PM Last edited by KagomeKagome : 26th Mar 2010 at 9:06 PM.
OK, I see. Well, I went ahead anyway and deleted my saved games in case they were borked. Too bad that I was starting to like that sim. I can assume that the problem won't arise again since the files have been fixed, I suppose (I hope).

EDIT: Yay, new problem! Remember that I erased my saved games? Well, I started a new one with Agnes Crumplebottom just to see if everything is fixed. Well, imagine my surprise when I changed her to her athletic outfit, and she was naked! So I tried changing her to other outfits and back to her everyday outfit, but she's still naked! While this is highly amusing, it's still annoying. Not sure what to do now.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#13 Old 26th Mar 2010 at 10:19 PM
This sounds like a custom content error, tbh. Do you get clothing issues if you remove all CC (except perhaps some custom clothing and hair for testing purposes)?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 26th Mar 2010 at 10:24 PM
Now it's starting to sound like a trend. Perhaps there is problematic mod causing this for you. How many clothes items do you have? what game version were the clothes created with and what game version are you working with? since you have removed saved games, have you moved the mods/packages folder out of program files/electronic arts/etc and see if the problem occurs without any custom content?
Field Researcher
#15 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 12:14 AM
Geez, after days of fixing clothing (needed to be done anyway as I found out), removing files, deleting caches, and whatnot, I tracked it done. After you mentioned that it could be something else, on a whim, I removed AD85's big core mod that's on MTS (I had his latest version), and voila, that's what was causing it. I guess I need to go report this problem to him/her now. Thanks all.

EDIT: Someone already mentioned it in the comments section, so no need to do so now.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 4:24 AM
Thanks for posting the cause, now we know a potential solution for this problem in the future! Glad you were able to solve your problem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 12:32 AM
Wow, a lot has happened while I've been toiling away. My problem hasn't gone away, its spreading. It is now happening in all neighborhoods. Some Sims are showing in clothing, some are switching to what I'm guessing is the Maxis default skin. I found one of the items that was codeed for naked and managed to remove that coding using the above mentioned tool. That sim is still using maxis clothing. But now other sims are using different items as well.

I don't have the mod that the above user mentioned, but I did briefly install a mod from here that allowed for non-default skins. I have since deleted it. At this point I have NO idea what to do. I guess that I could and delete almost all my custom items, and then re-install, but I reallt don't want to go that route.

Any more ideas?
Mad Poster
#18 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 8:01 AM
lol, Welcome back kendra! Yes, quite a bit has happened since you last posted. I wasn't aware that the EGC mod was causing issues in this area, but there you have it. Sorry to hear the problems haven't gone away. I continue to tweak, condense, and otherwise sort my Custom Content clothing. I still stand by my original theory which is:
  1. you need to be aware of all the clothing mods you have and where they are marked to show up
  2. for those marked in the nude category, use Delphy's CTU to remove this option, you may also want to remove the "random" option from certain items so you can limit what is available for random.
  3. for Sims who started wearing random items in the "Nude" category, I never managed to completely stop them. (if I removed the item it was replaced by something else)
  4. Figuring that game was pretty much screwed, I stopped playing it and later deleted it. Basically they were doing something I didn't want them to and I couldn't stop it, so I got rid of them.
At this point I have about 150 items under my clothes folder. That's after I deleted 50 or so items I no longer wanted, found corrupted, or never used. Between CTU and S3PE I was able to identify all but 15 to 20, the remaining items were loaded one by one and identified in game. I used CTU to check all of them and unchecked any boxes I didn't want. Any game I have started and played since then do not have any problems with Sims wearing items when they aren't supposed to.

Yeah, I know that's not an easy fix or something new. If there's an easy fix, I don't know it.
Test Subject
#19 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 6:58 PM
Hello! I know this is an old post, but I have also encountered this issue today. My sim just keeps showering with his shirt on, despite numerous steps to resolve it. He was the only one in the family doing this though. The issue was resolved a few minutes ago when I changed my sim's skin on CAS. Deleting the CC shirt that he keeps on using while bathing/showering only made him use a different shirt this time. Also, changing all his clothing to EA default didn't work for me and I was hoping it might! Then I thought it must be the tattoos. But I decided to change his skin (a custom content) to another CC skin and it worked. He now bathes normally. Haha! I hope this helps! Cheers!
Test Subject
#20 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kendrajayne
Ahhh, thank-you so much. I am going to try and do this now.

And an extra thanks for the note about not being able to fix it once it started, that is good to know. I would have gone insane trying to fix it.

EDIT: WONDERFUL! The item was selected for naked. I shall remove and see what happens now. Thanks again.

How did you find the clothes worn in the shower? I have all the expansions & stuff packs, and it would take forever to figure out which outfit she's wearing in the shower.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 3:46 AM Last edited by igazor : 13th Aug 2018 at 2:03 PM.
I disagree. The new member is not trying to locate the dress in question so they can have it in their own game. They are asking how to identify an undisclosed outfit their sim is already wearing in the shower so they can, if possible, edit its resources. That makes it a Help question, not a WCIF.

In any event, whenever I see my sims taking on an everyday type of outfit when they should be naked, I stop what I'm doing and edit their naked outfit with MC Stylist. There is also a feature of CmarNYC's XCAS that allows the editing of that outfit when sims are not already naked in game. Barring "bad" CC, It usually only happens once to each sim that I can see then it stops unless the sim has the Never Nude trait and then it's intended anyway so all bets are off. I take it these tools were not necessarily available to players back in 2010 when this thread was active.
Scholar
#22 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 9:06 AM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 13th Aug 2018 at 12:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I disagree. The new member is not trying to locate the dress in question so they can have it in their own game. They are asking how to identify an undisclosed outfit their sim is already wearing in the shower so they can, if possible, edit its resources. That makes it a Help question, not a WCIF.

In any event, whenever I see my sims taking on an everyday type of outfit when they should be naked, I stop what I'm doing and edit their naked outfit with MC Stylist. There is also feature of CmarNYC's XCAS that allows the editing of that outfit when sims are not already naked in game. Barring "bad" CC, It usually only happens once to each sim that I can see then it stops unless the sim has the Never Nude trait and then it's intended anyway so all bets are off. I take it these tools were not necessarily available to players back in 2010 when this thread was active.

I thought that the poster was trying to look for that outfit so I made a link to the outfit and said that if he or she is trying to look for an outfit then post in the WCIF since that's what it's there for. I didn't know that he or she was trying to edit an outfit to not show up while naked which is that case it can be done easily in S3PE by opening up the outfit,clicking on CASP then click on Grid the button located under Tag,expanding clothing category then click on Naked,click on the arrow next to True and set it to False,hit commit and save the package. That's another way of changing the categories besides editing it in CTU or TSRW. I wonder why the poster and me both got a disagree? It doesn't really matter to me but i'm really curious. I'm sure that the tools had existed at that time because that's around the time that people started to make cc for it once they figured out how to develop CC making tools for it like TSRW and CTU. After a little research I found out that CTU was launched on the 18th of August 2009 and for TSRW around March 1,2010 which is the oldest link of TSRW that the Wayback Machine saved since the tool was released to the public and here's a little piece of info that I had found using the Wayback Machine going back a little farther to May 31, 2009 TSRW started development back in January 2009 and it was called The Sims 3 Workshop at the time after the devs had spent a week in EA for the Creator Camp. I just thought that little piece of information was interesting and is worth mentioning here since you were talking about how the tools weren't available at that time. Going by that information TSRW is the first Sims 3 CC making tool but MTS released their version first before TSR did so I guess that means CTU is really the first since it was released to the public before TSRW and I made sure by clicking on the downloads link but there were no download links there which made a lot of sense because Sims 3 wasn't even out yet during that time however if you jump forward to March 1, 2010 which is the time that Wayback started crawling that link the first versions of TSRW were available for download. Wow I just now realized that I had put in more research about TSRW then I should have and didn't intend to but that's only because TSR didn't or forgot to write the date when the tool was released unlike CTU which tells you the date
when it was released which is why I used the Wayback Machine to retrieve the launch date for TSRW. I guess more people were just unaware of how the tools worked at that time but the tools were definitely at the time people just didn't know how they
worked yet to answer your last question.

@KingRay57 The dress is from Rosesims http://web.archive.org/web/20130515...s3_cloth010.rar which is unfortunately gone now if you want the outfit. The Wayback Machine had fortunately archived most of the files there that
aren't donation items. I deleted my last post but I will still leave the link here in case you or anybody else is interested in this outfit. However if you were just trying to track down an outfit that would show up on your sim while naked that doesn't have the Never Nude trait. One way to figure that out is to track down the source of the problem by narrowing down on CC what I meant from that is of course taking out some cc and testing the game out without them. If you're organized like me and put
cc in folders then you could take those out and test the game without them to narrow down your search and it's a good idea
to test them out in a small world that doesn't many sims and buildings in them such as Sunny Town which is what i'm playing
in right now or play in a world called CAS since that world is really just one huge square piece of land which is designed specially to test CC on it so you wouldn't spend so much time on the loading screens while you are doing the tests. I really
wish that there is a program that tells you what categories the CC is in because that would save a lot of us a bunch of time.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 2:01 PM
The "tools" I was referring to were MC Stylist and XCAS. Perhaps I should have used a better word there.

S3PE, TSRW, and (it's possible I am underestimating it) CTU alone are not going to help them find the CAS parts being substituted in the shower and the game will likely keep finding other ones to substitute instead if particular parts are disallowed unless the player is willing to examine and potentially re-categorize every single piece of game, EP/SP, store item, and CC sims3pack and CC package clothing that they have.

My advice to @KingRay57, if they return to this thread, stands. If they are getting substitutions made when a sim should be naked, fix the naked outfit rather than the errant parts. Going about it by trying fix the parts might take up so much time and effort that many players won't feel it's really worth it -- this of course, is up to them and the advice is really only coming from what I've experienced in my own game. By the way though, deleting a post that has already been responded to, while probably not against the rules or anything, is not really coming across as exceptionally good forum manners since it leaves said response standing with no context.
Scholar
#24 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The "tools" I was referring to were MC Stylist and XCAS. Perhaps I should have used a better word there.

S3PE, TSRW, and (it's possible I am underestimating it) CTU alone are not going to help them find the CAS parts being substituted in the shower and the game will likely keep finding other ones to substitute instead if particular parts are disallowed unless the player is willing to examine and potentially re-categorize every single piece of game, EP/SP, store item, and CC sims3pack and CC package clothing that they have.

My advice to @KingRay57, if they return to this thread, stands. If they are getting substitutions made when a sim should be naked, fix the naked outfit rather than the errant parts. Going about it by trying fix the parts might take up so much time and effort that many players won't feel it's really worth it -- this of course, is up to them and the advice is really only coming from what I've experienced in my own game. By the way though, deleting a post that has already been responded to, while probably not against the rules or anything, is not really coming across as exceptionally good forum manners since it leaves said response standing with no context.

I had deleted what I wrote because I didn't like what I had wrote and I didn't really have the time to change it so I typed up a different reply and deleted my old one.