Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 3:02 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Rabbit Hole Help
I recently downloaded some decorative buildings (Not CAW) to place on lots. These buildings are found with the community objects. Thing is, I want to be able to use the lots as rabbit holes, which leads me to my current request for help. I've been trying to figure out how to do either one of two things...

1. Modify the decorative buildings so that sims are able to pass through them, that way I can use rabbit hole rugs and place them in the center of the deco buildings. <-(Prefered)

2. Make the decorative buildings themselves into rabbit holes. (The transmogrifer didn't work, unfortunately. The sims just stomped their feet and complained they couldn't access it, even though it's surrounded by empty space )

(P.S. I have played around with s3pe, though my attempts didn't go far. I'm afraid I don't know exactly what I should be trying to do assuming that is a viable option. Just to elaborate, I tried changing the object flag 'isrug' to true, since rugs can be walked over/through, but it changed nothing.)

I really hope I'm posting this in the correct section, and also, that I'll be able to obtain some assistance.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 7:13 AM
I haven't tried this myself, so take this with a grain of salt, but the Transmogrifier didn't work because, in addition to the script class, the rabbitholes also need routing data to work as intended. Now if the objects are roughly the same size as a rabbithole, you may get away with changing the script class and replacing the RSLT resource with the ones of the "proper" rabbitholes. Otherwise you'll have to replace the RSLT resource with the rabbithole one, then open the deco building in TSRW and adjust its slot placement manually (where the doors should be).

Animating the doors of the buildings so that they open when sims enter them is another matter entirely, and may require the entire building to be remeshed.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 4:58 AM Last edited by Kylaaab : 23rd Aug 2018 at 5:13 AM.
Hmm, I'll try editing them in TSRW as suggested. I didn't want to do the rugs in front of the buildings, because then the rugs would be visible... but thanks for trying!

Edit: How might I open the deco building in TSRW though...? sims3pack and packages don't show up. Haha sorry I'm entirely clueless when it comes to TSRW.
Alchemist
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 7:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kylaaab
How might I open the deco building in TSRW though...? sims3pack and packages don't show up. Haha sorry I'm entirely clueless when it comes to TSRW.

Open TSRW, go to Create New Project and select New Import. In the "File to Import" field, select the .package or .sims3pack file format from the drop-down menu

ETA: you may need to replace the FTPT resources too, not just the RSLT ones. I think I got them confused, sorry ^^"

Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I wish someone make an invisible rug. However, you can CAST the rug with your floor pattern and mix it in.

That's kind of what I decided to do for my current save, all the routing issues that came with placing the rugs inside were annoying (sims crowding around doors).

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 8:55 PM
Alright I'll go do that in TSRW. Thanks for the help!

(Also recoloring rugs wouldn't work either because it's a terrain paint on the floor, just thought I'd mention that.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 6:06 PM
Ah nope, I'm using one of the brickwork terrain paints that don't really match with any patterns to recolor the rugs. Heheh