Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 2:57 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Free Time
Default How to get Bodyshop to work?
So I have body shop and it won’t open for some reason!! I have a ton of CC btw.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 3:05 PM
is it just not opening?
oke so bodyshop opens suuper slow (for me at least, though I have a ton of cc too aha) so my first suggestion is open up the task manager (on windows, find it by typing 'task manager' into the start menu to search for it), and open bodyshop. click 'more details' on task manager and under the processes tab scroll down to 'background processes' and find TS2 bodyshop on it, it should have the bodyshop icon. if it opens up and then dissapears, you'll need to delete your cache, if it just stays there, its taking a long time to open. when it starts loading, it should move from 'background processes' to 'apps'.
if you're opening it for the first time after installing a load of cc it takes longer, I think.
also, have you created a desktop shortcut for it? and is your cc working in game or does it crash when browsing menus on bodyshop, buy mode etc?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by onlyfrillsandhorses
is it just not opening?
oke so bodyshop opens suuper slow (for me at least, though I have a ton of cc too aha) so my first suggestion is open up the task manager (on windows, find it by typing 'task manager' into the start menu to search for it), and open bodyshop. click 'more details' on task manager and under the processes tab scroll down to 'background processes' and find TS2 bodyshop on it, it should have the bodyshop icon. if it opens up and then dissapears, you'll need to delete your cache, if it just stays there, its taking a long time to open. when it starts loading, it should move from 'background processes' to 'apps'.
if you're opening it for the first time after installing a load of cc it takes longer, I think.
also, have you created a desktop shortcut for it? and is your cc working in game or does it crash when browsing menus on bodyshop, buy mode etc?

I have a desktop shortcut. It won’t even open. No screen for it at all. My game doesn’t crash that much.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 3:13 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by STS3388
I have a desktop shortcut. It won’t even open. No screen for it at all. My game doesn’t crash that much.

And bodyshop wont show up in task manager
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by STS3388
And bodyshop wont show up in task manager

Have you checked your cache?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 4:17 PM
The task manager (in Win 7, possibly 8, not sure about 10) can be found by right-clicking the task bar and selecting "task manager" (possibly a different translation), and you can also find it by clicking ctrl+alt+delete.

If you have "a ton of CC" Bodysop could take a while to open, anything from 5 to 20+++ minutes. On my laptop, mine takes roughly 5 minutes to open with only essential CC in, and roughly 10-20 minutes with all my test CC in (4-5 GB).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 12:16 AM
Did you delete all the cache files?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 1:36 AM
Are you sure the shortcut points to the correct version of BS? You need to run your latest game engine version (usually the latest EP you have though not always) - so according to your post, the OFB version.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc