Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 5:21 PM
Default How do I change object "weight" for surfaces?
I'm working on some objects of varying size, and I'd like to change the "weight" for some of them. Currently they're all classified as "light" objects (cloned from the sculpture of a wooden man), but I'd like to set a couple of them to be "medium" weight, without having to clone a different object (I'd like to edit a few older objects as well), so they don't show up too cluttered on OFB shelves.

I found this topic: http://www2.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=82685 - but it only shows how to make the objects placeable on all surfaces (the hint at the bottom).

I know there was a batch fix somewhere, too - but not where to find it.
Advertisement
just a girl
#2 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 7:59 PM
*I think* OFB shelves use different setting, not the weight. There is a size per shelf property in object's definition.
Although, I might be wrong, and shelves check both weight and size per shelf. Or I might be totally wrong and it's just a coincidence that when I change this I get the wanted results. Also, object's footprint might be at play here as well, I'm not sure. What I'm saying is don't take my word for it and test

I'll give you my example. I have an object with size "2", weight "1" and support strength "0". The result is 6 objects of this type fit on an OFB shelf.

Ok, it's actually called "object size (quantity per shelf)"

Another object has size "1", weight "2" and support strength "3". OFB shelf takes only one object on one surface.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 9:38 PM
Looks like small objects are 2 on the "Object size"
Then perhaps "Medium" is 1 and "heavy" is 0?

I can only find the "object size" line in the OBJD. Are the weight and strength in the Init BHAV? I've tried to compare the Frankie Bear (I think it's a heavy object) and the blue vase with the red flower (medium?), but they seem to have the exact same settings in the Init. I'm still a noob when it comes to BHAVs...
just a girl
#4 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 10:21 PM
Yes, weight and strength are set in init.
I haven't tried setting object size to zero, so don't know what it would do.
Not sure waht you mean by "medium" and "heavy". I was thinking in terms "size 2 = 6 objects per shelf" and "size 1 = 1 object per shelf". I'd be glad to tell you what value makes 2 objects per shelf (I think I saw it in game), but I have no idea.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 11:24 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 11th Dec 2017 at 2:26 AM.
While looking or something else, I stumbled over a text file I'd forgotten all about, and it says to set the value in the OBJD 0x004F to
large objects (one per shelf) = 0
medium objects (two per shelf) = 1
small objects (six per shelf) = 2
(I think it's from Hat-plays-sims' SimPE tutorial)

So that's probably it. I don't know if it's necessary to edit the BHAVs, though it might affect placement on non-OFB shelves or other table-like objects if I don't?

Another nifty trick in that text file is to set the "Sale Price" to 35 (or 0x0023 in Hexadecimal) - makes the object available for the quartertile cheat.

EDIT:
While I'm at it - is there a way to make deco objects placeable in the OFB chilling shelf (DecraChill)?

I've also got an object set as 150 in the 0x004F category, and I'm curious as to what this means. Would it be safe to set it as one of the above (say, 0 for large object)?
just a girl
#6 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 1:31 PM Last edited by Lamare : 17th Dec 2017 at 1:47 PM.
Hm, so size 1 is suppose to be two per shelf? My object only goes one per shelf with this size. Then again, it might be the footprint.

As for sale price, I'm pretty sure there are more options then 35. Like 7 or 3, for example. They work with quarter tile placement too. Maybe it's odd/even kind of thing, I'm not sure.

It might not be necessary to edit the init bhav, if your only concern is quantity per shelf, although, if you test in game and the object doesn't act as you wish, you might have to check the bhav for flags.

What's the object with 150 in size? The easiest way is to see it in game.

About DecraChill. I think I saw someone saying this shelf allows objects by GUID. Let me check Simpe.
UPD. Yep. Food and GUIDs of maxis cakes.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 7:36 PM
I've seen a few objects with 150 in the 0x004F (one was cloned from the "sculpture - ChinaVase" judging by the OBJD) - but I have no clue what that does ingame. Anyone knows?

As for the DecraChill, I think I may have a version for deco in my full CC game, and that's probably the one I was thinking about. Possibly by Windkeeper at TSR or some such.