Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1243
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 24 (Who?), Viewed: 11916 times.
Search this Thread
Old 7th Nov 2013, 10:15 AM Defaultshould shooting or hunting be in TS4 #1
Mr_Alex
Original Poster

Lab Assistant

I was wondering should shooting and hunting be in TS4 and also if there are shopping malls or schools,should school and mall shootings be in it or that would push the agerating up?
Old 7th Nov 2013, 10:26 AM #2
HystericalParoxysm
world renowned whogivesafuckologist

47 Achievements

View My Journal

^ to the first part.

To the second part...

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Old 7th Nov 2013, 10:28 AM #3
ButchSims
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch

12 Achievements

Hunting I would be fine with, though it would be problematic with the animals themselves. However, why in the holy hell would you even have to ask if mall and school shootings should be included in the game??

NO. NO THEY SHOULD NOT. IT ISN'T EVEN SOMETHING TO BE CONSIDERED.
Old 7th Nov 2013, 11:02 AM #4
Inge Jones
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse

20 Achievements

OMG yes there should be. I would pay for premium content that would allow my sim to shoot any wild horse that strays onto his lot, or stray dog that digs holes in his lawn, or skunk.... as long as it also comes with stakes to drive into the hearts of vampires, exorcist powers for the ghosts, etc etc etc etc et...

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Old 7th Nov 2013, 11:16 AM #5
Inhuman One
Forum Resident

I'm fine with hunting myself, but I gues animal right activists would complain about virtual animals being hurt. It always annoyed me that dogs and such can bite your sims, but you can't kick them off your property. Kind of a double standard there.

I'd bet anyone who played duck hunt wouldnt mind shooting THAT dog though, I'd bet even the most fervent dog lovers took a shot at that dog and where disappointed that they couldnt shoot it.

Old 7th Nov 2013, 12:27 PM #6
lil bag2
Mad Poster

2 Achievements

Hunting, I wouldn't mind that but I'm pretty sure any form of killing or gun use would never make it into the SIms.

As for school and mall shootings.....the fuck!?
Old 7th Nov 2013, 3:05 PM #7
kennyinbmore
Alchemist

Good Grief
Old 7th Nov 2013, 3:23 PM #8
jthm_nny
Field Researcher

No. People do not like to die when they are buying a new sweater or learning about the Bank War.
Old 7th Nov 2013, 3:50 PM #9
violaine
Test Subject

No fun with that to me.
Old 7th Nov 2013, 5:30 PM #10
Dragonflysparkles
Field Researcher

12 Achievements

Old 9th Nov 2013, 6:03 AM #11
The SimWhisperer
Instructor

I don't like hunting, but that's my preference. Seriously school shootings? It's almost a year since Sandy Hook and do you honestly think, that was awesome?

I don't know if you were looking for a rise out of people or that you just don't grasp the absurdity of What you have suggested?
Old 9th Nov 2013, 8:44 AM #12
Inge Jones

20 Achievements

The OP may be someone who was emotionally or psychologically affected by those events and feels that playing them out in the sims might be a way to resolve his feelings. Or he may be trying to get reactions for amusement, in which case the best way to deal with it is not to react particularly.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Old 9th Nov 2013, 12:19 PM #13
crocobaura
Mad Poster

25 Achievements

View My Journal

Hunting is in the same category with fishing, I see no reason why they couldn't include it in the game, unless they are too lazy to mesh and animate a big variety of animals sims can hunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman One
I'm fine with hunting myself, but I gues animal right activists would complain about virtual animals being hurt.

They didn't complain about fishing, or maybe it was because fish don't look cute and cuddly?
Old 11th Nov 2013, 3:34 AM #14
Shoosh Malooka
Theorist

8 Achievements

Hunting? I don't see what it would add to the game other than "your sim can do this." Sounds like a can of worms because:

1. Guns will be in the game. Guns and gun control have been hot topics among the simmers here at mts.
2. Aminal creulty. Same.
3. Blood. And either there are no restrictions for hunting and guns, or other elements and rules would need to be in place to restrict them.

Mall and school shootings? Seems entertaining at first, but will gameplay be better for having it / will it be worth it? Developers will need to add guns and licenses, law system and cops, courts, news, blood, morgues, cctv, animations, interiors for schools and malls, joker face paint, lots of stuff just to have the shootings you want to happen. Cost is too high. Unless the shooting can be mitigated via rabbit hole, then whytf bother? Even without the controversy, I don't think EA would ever agree to this.

Dilute your idea or gag to a more simple and palatable baby step, if EA reads these forums at all. Like one gunlike item called "Ouchi" that can only be used against burglars and nothing else.
Old 12th Nov 2013, 1:08 PM #15
TigerAnne
Scholar

I would like to have target shooting as a sport, where the more skilled Sims could track moving targets in a "natural" environment. (You know, those cut-outs that move on rails.) If actual animal hunting was involved, I can see Maxis trying to make is as non-offensive as possible, by having the "animal" be some sort of glowing dot, and when you hit it a ready skinned and prepared ham, or a bunch of sausages, drop from the sky. No thanks. However, even that would probably be too strong for some people, who would complain that "It doesn't show kids the real consequences of shooting." So, I think target practice would be as far as they'd be willing to go. They've done archery before, I'd like to see that return as well.
Old 12th Nov 2013, 2:25 PM #16
maxon
The Great AntiJen

26 Achievements

Agreed TigerAnne - you could have axe-throwing contests in TS2 but not mad axe murderers. Sadly.

tflc is my tumblr with uploads not uploaded here: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tflc

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Old 28th Dec 2013, 9:13 AM #17
ijustneedsomeeyes
Field Researcher

16 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocobaura
They didn't complain about fishing, or maybe it was because fish don't look cute and cuddly?

Sorry for the necro, I just had to. XDD

And yes, I too want hunting and slayers (and lethal vamps/wolves!) in Sims 4, but I don't see it really happening, thanks to the fru-fru Twilight/PETA crowd.

When noregen hacks are not enough...you know what you must do. (RIP Mootilda , pay your respects in the thread and in her guestbook.)
Last edited by ijustneedsomeeyes : 28th Dec 2013 at 10:14 AM. Reason: meh, FINE. >_> I hope you are happy, Inge.
Old 28th Dec 2013, 9:27 AM #18
Inge Jones

20 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijustneedsomeeyes
OP is probably high-fiving himself for getting his thread into Derpy McWTF.

And the irony here is that, within this thread, YOUR post is almost certainly the most rewarding of all...

Old 28th Dec 2013, 10:07 AM
ijustneedsomeeyes
This message has been deleted by ijustneedsomeeyes. Reason: nvm, deleted.
Old 15th Jan 2014, 5:40 PM #19
SimsPoster
Test Subject

If you really want that sims will be that FUCKED UP then get a mod or something :3 (I don't mind hunting BTW) But the other is just FUCKED UP
Old 2nd Feb 2014, 4:56 PM #20
parrot999
Instructor

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
Agreed TigerAnne - you could have axe-throwing contests in TS2 but not mad axe murderers. Sadly.

You clearly never downloaded the throwing axes mod from Paladin's Place...
Old 7th Feb 2014, 10:15 PM #21
maxon
The Great AntiJen

26 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrot999
You clearly never downloaded the throwing axes mod from Paladin's Place...

Oh I did too. But I want to be able to have an axe murderer in my game without all those dangerous mods* in my game. EAxis should do it <whine>

* See the official forums

tflc is my tumblr with uploads not uploaded here: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tflc

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Old 21st Aug 2014, 2:59 AM #22
ChinchillaJesus
Scholar

I wouldn't mind the use of guns and hunting in the Sims (hell, me and my dad own 8 handguns, 4 rifles, and a shotgun.) But mall and school shootings?? What the holy fuck is wrong with you?!

(Sorry for the necro.)

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Old 21st Aug 2014, 8:11 PM #23
Nymphetamine
Top Secret Researcher

9 Achievements

^ how in the eff did you end up here? Are the other forums really that dead that your hang in out with the derps?!
Old 22nd Aug 2014, 1:15 AM #24
r_deNoube
Theorist

2 Achievements

It's the times we live in. A thread with a post from February qualifies as pretty lively.

Ronnie de Noube - Comic and Blog; Sim National Laboratories and our Protein Folding Team.
@)->-----
Old 24th Aug 2014, 2:32 AM #25
ChinchillaJesus
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphetamine
^ how in the eff did you end up here? Are the other forums really that dead that your hang in out with the derps?!

Derpy McWTF is hilarious! Most of it.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/

Section jump: