Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1465
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 90 (Who?), Viewed: 13050 times.
Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2014, 3:21 PM #76
GnatGoSplat
Theorist

17 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugbug993
If attraction to breasts is hardwired, then why are there situations where men don't experience arousal around naked breasts? In nudist colonies or beaches, women typically don't wear tops and you'd think people would see evidence of arousal. In cultures where women don't typically cover up their breasts, men don't experience an obsession with them.

There are plenty of factors that make your anecdata suspect, as well, but this is hardly the place to discuss advanced theories of sexuality mapping.

It's not just attraction to breasts, I believe physical attraction itself is hardwired.
I don't like butts. I'm not an ass man. I don't like them big, or round, or plump, a small flat butt is just fine for me. On other male-dominated forums I'm on, other guys love butts and post animated gifs of them. Honestly, seeing a big naked ass twerking is for me, a total turn-off, but it turns other guys on. Makes me feel kinda like a freak, I know I'm supposed to like asses too, but I just don't. American culture would dictate that men are supposed to like tits AND ass. You know, like "T&A".
Some men don't experience arousal around naked breasts because no two men are wired exactly the same (and for me, naked isn't even a prerequisite). There are men wired to be aroused by T&A, there are men wired to be aroused by just A, and I'm sure I'm in a super minority, but I'm wired only to be aroused by T. Besides, men can often suppress arousal by thinking of other things (in my case, thinking about a fat twerking butt does the trick). Just because a guy doesn't walk around with wood all the time doesn't mean something doesn't turn him on.

When something doesn't make sense biologically, that doesn't mean it's not biology. Some men are not attracted to women bits whatsoever. They're only attracted to male bits. That makes no sense biologically, but it's not a cultural influence or a learned preference, for obvious reasons. I'm pretty sure we agree that's hardwired and they're born that way. Biology isn't black & white.

Resident wet blanket.
Old 15th May 2014, 4:13 PM #77
HystericalParoxysm
world renowned whogivesafuckologist

47 Achievements

View My Journal

Really, whether or not attraction to specific parts (be that breasts or butts or vaginas or penises or whatever) is hardwired or socially learned is irrelevant. It's okay to like those things. Hell, I like all those things. What matters, though, is how that attraction is expressed. Because we -aren't- hard-wired to go around with our tongues hanging out, making comments to people about their bodies (unless, of course, it's someone you're already in that kind of relationship with, in which case you'd probably know ahead of time whether they're okay with you telling them their tits look great today or whatever), or otherwise allowing our attraction to become an imposition on others.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Old 15th May 2014, 4:35 PM #78
GnatGoSplat
Theorist

17 Achievements

That's true, HP, and I agree with you. I was addressing only what simmer22 said in that one sentence, not the primary discussion as a whole, which had morphed into being about prickly's bad behavior? On that subject, I think his online flogging is well deserved.

Resident wet blanket.
Old 16th May 2014, 2:34 AM #79
parrot999
Instructor

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HystericalParoxysm
Really, whether or not attraction to specific parts (be that breasts or butts or vaginas or penises or whatever) is hardwired or socially learned is irrelevant. It's okay to like those things. Hell, I like all those things. What matters, though, is how that attraction is expressed. Because we -aren't- hard-wired to go around with our tongues hanging out, making comments to people about their bodies (unless, of course, it's someone you're already in that kind of relationship with, in which case you'd probably know ahead of time whether they're okay with you telling them their tits look great today or whatever), or otherwise allowing our attraction to become an imposition on others.

Completely agreed... People need to get over using instincts as an excuse for bad behavior. What sets humans apart, is our ability to ignore our instincts if they are detrimental to our society... Heck, we wouldn't have society if we listened to all our instincts anyways...

I personally like butts (find boobs kind of meh)... But I can restrain myself from staring every time I see a big round butt, and if I did sucumb to staring, I would apologize, not be a total asshole about it...
Old 18th May 2014, 11:40 PM #80
Johnny_Bravo
Alchemist

14 Achievements

View My Journal

Can Derpy McWTF get it's own Debate corner where threads like this will be moved to?

If there'll be too many humans wherever I have to go, I'd rather stay home
Old 19th May 2014, 12:04 AM #81
Mistermook
Theorist

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Bravo
Can Derpy McWTF get it's own Debate corner where threads like this will be moved to?

Well I strongly insist on not wearing pants, on principle.
Old 19th May 2014, 12:19 AM #82
maxon
The Great AntiJen

24 Achievements

What principle is that then? The inalienable right to get buttock frostbite?

I get the strange urge to shout: Liar Liar Pants On Fire.

But that makes no sense.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Old 19th May 2014, 12:13 PM #83
Johnny_Bravo
Alchemist

14 Achievements

View My Journal

If you still wear underwear everything should be fine.

Old 19th May 2014, 3:11 PM #84
grammapat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Quote:
If you still wear underwear everything should be fine.

Confused: concern over mook's state of coverage?
Brain-freeze: your knowledge of said mook's underwear?

Maybe you know about the UNDERWEAR because he doesn't wear Outerwear. HA! I'm not wearing a bra; and as I am a very large gramma type person, I bet I have more scary floperage than this mook person.

Namaste
Old 20th May 2014, 2:54 AM #85
Mistermook
Theorist

1 Achievements

I bet you do too, because all of my floppage is MAGNIFICENT
Old 20th May 2014, 11:31 AM #86
9b8ll
Scholar

10 Achievements

View My Journal

Okay, I just accidentally scrolled the whole thread this is hilarious. But on very serious note, just to make sure that everyone on the same page as I want to think about this or to sound totally confusing. Confession time! Possibly might get be in real trouble. Well for me I'm attracted to beautifully attractive big curvy butts not breasts. Yet I still think women and men as whole human beings; by knowing everyone's personality all the time and looking beyond the body parts. It's always the deciding factor first. Plus having a friendly, down to earth and a smart mind is a really great persona to have in the long run. I always think of situations like this as a balance of discipline or "every thing in moderation" rule. I also I drew some nudity from real life models and sexy stuff before,sometimes I still do and still think men and women like this as whole human beings in real life. Sex,sexy and nudity in men and women don't bother me it's a beautiful thing IMO this might sound bizarre to some and please here me out, this is why I don't judge people on their body nor what they wear like "slut shaming" for example.

Every opportunity when draw sexy men or women or nudity I do this I feel somewhat weird sometimes to the point that I would be ridiculed as a "Perv" or some crazy demeaning crap like I belong in a mental house or insane yet still maintain great discipline. I know everyone is not going to like the same things as me but It makes no damn sense to me. Just like I know right from wrong tell the difference between reality from fiction and not do those crazy things in any medium. Yeah TMI but, I just had to speak up on this and my 2 cent about this.
Old 20th May 2014, 5:10 PM #87
grammapat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

You are saying you draw nudes? Like every great artist, you recognize the inherent beauty in the human form. However, this is much too rational for THIS thread!
Just look at the entry before yours: Mistermook's statement that his "floppage" is magnificent is agreed with, disagreed with, loved, and even helpful (HELPFUL?!!) what the ...well, appropriately blathering nonsense.

Namaste
Old 21st May 2014, 8:40 AM #88
Mistermook
Theorist

1 Achievements

If you only knew the amazing things it could do, you'd think it was helpful too.
Old 22nd May 2014, 4:02 PM #89
Johnny_Bravo
Alchemist

14 Achievements

View My Journal

Can it make a twist in Lisa's mind so she can be in a relationship with me? (again)

Nevermind. Don't make your magic flop do something which takes too much power.

Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 22nd May 2014 at 8:17 PM.
Old 22nd May 2014, 11:38 PM #90
Mistermook
Theorist

1 Achievements

Quote:
Can it make a twist in Lisa's mind so she can be in a relationship with me? (again)

Nevermind. Don't make your magic flop do something which takes too much power.

It's too powerful for just one (admittedly awesome) dude to control. It does what it likes. It can't be stopped. I'm only sharing space with it.
Old 23rd May 2014, 12:10 PM #91
simbalena
Top Secret Researcher

I wouldn't put a lot of effort into getting it transported.

Section jump: