Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#501 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 3:54 PM
Kung Fury (not a real film but an awesome foolish movie xD): 100/10

I laughed so much. It's so dumb and weird but perfect for a quick watch if something is installing!

If you want to see it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg
Advertisement
Instructor
#502 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 7:35 AM
I saw Tomorrowland a couple weeks ago and forgot to post about it here!
The movie was ok... I didn't have high expectations to be honest. It revolved around some of the themes of Interstellar, those ideas that make you want to talk about it even when the movie is over, and probably this thing, along with the Disney references throughout the movie made it ok. Otherwise, the plot is really flowed and leaves you wanting for more info.

This week Jurassic World is coming out and I can't wait to see it, even though I kind of already know it's going to be a bummer. As much as I don't dislike Chris Pratt, he is NOT the kind of actor who should take a lead role in a movie like this. The first JP was sooooo much more than an action movie. It was about serious matters, had some killer acting and most importantly 99% of the jokes were delightfully intelligent. I am afraid that JW is going to be another action movie trailed by some "charismatic" semi-comedian. Kind of like any Transformers/Marvel movie which has come out in the past 10 years.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Mad Poster
#503 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 2:30 PM
Re: Tomorrowland - I have a pretty good radar for films I'm not going to like and stay away accordingly. But a film critic who I used to respect gave it a good review. So I won't be listening to him anymore.
Mad Poster
#504 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 4:21 AM
Jurassic World: 8/10

This movie was pretty much exactly what I went into the theatre expecting, and I'm perfectly happy with that! Like Gabrymato suggested, it's nowhere near as good as the first one, but I would say it's better than either of the earlier sequels! This movie managed to be exactly what it should be- people on a tropical island running away from impressive looking CGI carnivorous dinosaurs, with various shots of peacefully grazing herbivorous dinosaurs mixed in, to keep you from getting to set on the idea that all dinosaurs are evil and want to kill you. I wasn't wild about the appearance of the new alpha predator dinosaur that they invented for this movie, and I thought the hybridized pterosaurs looked stupid, but all the other dinos were very well created, and lots of fun to watch! Naturally, the only times the movie kind of dragged was when they put in stories that were centered around the business end of running a dinosaur-centered business, just like in all the other films in this series. Overall though, definitely a fun flick, and a worthy way to spend an afternoon!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#505 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mordecai and Rigby
Twilight - 1/10

I'd give it a 0 out of 10. Preferably minus points, but I'm being nice, and I actually watched the first one. Sort of, anyway. Seriously, give that girl a script, lock her in a closet, and don't make her come out before she knows what to say and don't do dumb stares every five minutes --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghPsLcuLHHU (love the bonus round!)

Last I saw was Avengers: Age of Ultron. It was fun, but maybe not as fun as the previous one. I think these movies are getting too predictable for me. When I get those 'waaait for it!' moments every five to ten minutes on the first viewing, it's getting a bit bad. I'd give it 6.5/10, for trying.
#506 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 12:31 AM
We went to a cabin and spent most of the trip watching movies. I can't remember all of them, but the best was probably Ghostbusters 2. I guess...8.9/10. I'm not really sure what to rate it, since it was really good through most of it but that ending was just weird. Like why was Lady Liberty there? Just didn't make much sense. But you can't really blame them since for a second there you had no clue how it was going to end.
Instructor
#507 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 7:01 AM
Jurassic World, guys!
I think that, among the sequels, this is definitely the ONLY one that can claim to be Jurassic Park's successor. Even though it's obviously not as good.
It misses all the animatronic awesomeness of JP (replaced by CGI which thank god is very present but not really excessive like in a Transformers movie). It doesn't have many talking and explaining parts like JP, it's mostly an action movie. But it has a few great points, like many references to the original Park, the true transposition of Hammond's dreamland in today's world (Hammond pictured an outdoor-museum kind of place, but Jurassic World, in 2015, is a huge resort of promenades full of souvenir shops, Starbucks, and margarita bars).
Too much action, too little nerd talking. But oh so good.

8/10

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Instructor
#508 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 6:56 AM
Just saw Jurassic World tonight in 3D. Years after Jurassic Park was released, I was thrilled to see that the Jurassic 'light' has not gone out (wasn't feeling the luv for #3). Loved the nods given to the original in this new film. The only thing I can't forgive is 'the shoes;' why didn't someone step in and say or do something about those shoes?

I'm torn between 8/10 and 9/10, so it's 8.5/10.
Mad Poster
#509 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 5:40 AM
"Three Days of the Condor" - 7/10
Definitely an older, slower-paced movie, but still a fun clandestine-service thriller! I can also see a lot of similarities between this and Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which is kind of fun... I enjoy when new movies take their cues from old successful films (plus if you watch both of these films, you'll get to see Robert Redford as both the good guy and the bad guy in what's basically the same story!

Mad Poster
#510 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 4:07 PM
Inside Out - 7.5/10 Cute film, great idea. I thought for certain that it would be hard for the younger set to appreciate, but the kiddos behind me were giggling at every gag. Loved the idea and the way they executed it. As a parent, I got all weepy at the scenes involving remembering childhood (because it's so fleeting!) and loved how the movie resolved. The score is lower because it didn't "wow" me as much as some other animated films that I've enjoyed in the past, but I was still happy to have seen it in the theater. The dedication at the end was perfect, "Dedicated to our children: don't grow up. Ever".

Lava 10/10 - The Pixar short that played before Inside Out. Beautifully imaginative and executed! This little short, which tells a mini love story about volcanoes had a Hawaiian style song that is reverberating in my head two days later. Catchy!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Alchemist
#511 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 7:29 PM
Inside Out (2015) - 6/10
Hot Girls Wanted (2015 Documentary) - 5/10
Ted 2 (2015) - 3/10
It Follows (2014) - 4/10
The Net (1995) - 5/10
Insurgent (2015) - 7/10
The Last Kiss (2006) - 1/10
The Longest Ride (2015) - 7/10
With Every Heartbeat (2011) - 4/10
Jamie and Jessie Are Not Together (2011) - 4/10
Cinderella (2015) - 4/10
The Last Five Years (2014) - 5/10
The DUFF (2015) - 5/10
It's been a while since I posted and these are the movies I have seen in that time,anything rated 5 or above is worth watching in my opinion

Whatever people consider to be normal, it never is.
My Simblr
My Youtube
Field Researcher
#512 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 8:19 PM
Housebound 8/10. Loved it, but it took a while to get into. Still, not enough for me to turn off the TV, which is what I'm prone to do with other movies. I really liked this one.
Scholar
#513 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 10:50 PM
Inside Out- Meh. 6/10? It was ok, not disappointing, a sweet family story. But I got viciously angry at Sadness. After the movie I told my friend that I wanted to stab Sadness with a fork in the eye. I do not have violent tendencies. I am not a violent person...I think *eyes shift around crazily*. Surprisingly my friend said "I feel you", thus showing that my thoughts against Sadness (likely to have an adverse effect on her) were in fact acceptable.
Field Researcher
#514 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 4:47 PM
Interstellar...Let's say, 8/10 ? Very good movie but a little bit boring in the beginning and sometimes difficult to understand.
Scholar
#515 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 3:12 PM
That Man From U.N.C.L.E- 9/10
Would totally watch again
Mad Poster
#516 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 4:29 AM
The Terminator :cylon: 9/10 (Yeah yeah yeah, I'm really behind the times, I know! I haven't seen just about any of the classic 1980s sci fi out there!)

With as old a movie as this is, I was expecting it to be a lot slower paced and a lot more disappointing in the visual effects department than it was! It held up surprisingly well (with the exception of a few scenes that were almost painfully '80s), and it was definitely time well spent! Plus, a movie like this that established so many tropes and quotes and whatnot is always fun to watch- it's interesting to see where those ideas got their start!

Mad Poster
#517 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 7:54 AM
Shaun the Sheep Two Scores: Story/animation/execution/direction/etc... 8/10 / Music 3/10

Very cute movie, well done in all regards but the music. The music was not to my taste at all and was barely tolerable. A score would have been preferable. Even with that, it was an enjoyable film.
Mad Poster
#518 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 1:03 PM
Tangerine - 2015 - Comedy/Drama - 7/10

I enjoyed it even though it's sad. The action takes place on Christmas Eve day and night. Alexandra wants people to come see her performance. Sin-Dee Rella is very angry at her pimp and lover, Chester. Cabdriver Razmik has adventures in his cab and leads a double life. I guess it's not for everybody.
(I saw it at Real Art Ways in Hartford. The audience was a sea of white-haired people. Hartford must have the coolest elders in the US.)
Mad Poster
#519 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 6:37 AM
The LEGO Movie - 10/10

OK, I'll start right off with the obvious- LEGOs have been, are, and will always continue to be AWESOME (Everything is awesome... ) and a movie that's made with them, especially a full-blown big-box action movie can't help being awesome too! Plus the producers CLEARLY knew that they were going to have to make a movie that LEGO fans of ALL ages would like, since kids for decades have grown up playing with these little plastic bricks, and plenty of those kids are now adults who'd want to see the movie too... and those producers delivered in spades! From the 1980's space callbacks to the shout-outs to more modern franchises like Terminator and The Dark Knight, I'm not sure there was even one line in the whole movie that wasn't awesome! (Everything is awesome... everything is cool when you're part of a team! Everything is Awesome!)

Oh yeah, and... Spaceship SPACESHIP SPACESHIP!!!! :lovestruc

Alchemist
#520 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 1:41 PM
Anything rated 5 or above it worth watching in my option
Spy (2015) - 4/10
Focus (2015) - 6/10
X+Y (2014) - 6/10
Jurassic World (2015) - 6/10
Spring (2014) - 2/10
Jenny's Wedding (2015) - 4/10
Final Girl (2015) - 3/10
Unfriended (2014) - 4/10
Expecting (2013) - 4/10
Hot Pursuit (2015) - 5/10
Adult Beginners (2014) - 4/10

Whatever people consider to be normal, it never is.
My Simblr
My Youtube
Mad Poster
#521 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 1:22 PM
Meru - 2015 - Documentary - 9/10
I saw the preview for this when I went to see Tangerine - 3 climbers attempt the Shark's Fin route on Meru Peak in the Gharwhal Himalayas in India . Normally I wouldn't be interested in this, but the cinematography looked amazing (2 of them filmed the ascents), so I wanted to see it on a big screen. (because at home I only have small screens plus the popcorn there is good).
So it's a really good film about Himalayan big wall climbing and all that that entails and also about the three men and their lives. In the end I had a better understanding of why people do crazy stuff like this.
Test Subject
#522 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 12:58 AM
If I stay-drama-7-10
I found the lead character to be really interesting that someone intelligent and very talented could have her life change because of a boy who didn't really treat her with the respect that she deserved but never really stood up for herself.A tear jerkier that makes you think and has a complex lead character that left me hoping that she would stay!
Lucy-action-6-10
I really loved Scarlett Johansson in this film.It was not something I was expecting and went off into a place that really surprised me. The one thing I disliked and lowered the rating for me was it did lack purpose and left me wondering exactly what was the moral of this story?
Scholar
#523 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 5:41 PM
On Saturday I finally got round to watching Nightcrawler
8/10. I could actually understand MC's thought process, even though he was probably psychotic. Which is a little worrying because I'm fairly certain that I'm sane. So I'm going to assume its good movie making skills instead
Theorist
#524 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 1:56 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 15th Sep 2015 at 3:12 AM.
RV (2006) - DVD, Comedy
3.5/10
Another comedy built around the one-liner humor of Robin Williams, and not one of the better ones.
Best line: After pulling the RV out of the lake, he explains to the cop, "She likes to be rode hard and left wet".

The Omega Man (1971) - VHS, Sci-Fi
8/10
The best movie version of Richard Matheson's I Am Legend novel (I think it's better than the novel). I love post-apocalypse stories and this is one of the best movie renditions of the genre. Charlton Heston plays Colonel Robert Neville, a US Army doctor who is the last survivor on earth, except for the diseased, homicidal maniacs he has to battle at night. Some typical 1970s Hollywood political correctness, but it's bearable.
#525 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 11:49 PM
Gifted Hands - 10/10

That was a good movie. The only thing I didn't like was all the blood (it's about a surgeon).
Page 21 of 39