Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 11:23 AM
Default Glass mesh doesn't show up ingame.
OK, so I'm having a similar problem as with indiemilk concerning glasses. I was trying to port EsmeraldaF's rounded glasses for children, but while the frame itself shows up ingame, the lenses don't. I double-checked practically everything on it - rigging/bone assignments, materials, naming, etc. etc. but still it doesn't show up. It did when I first tried on converting the mesh using TSRW, but I'm getting some ugly portrait panel mugshots as a result.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 11:35 AM
If you're using Milkshape, for some reason it loses the bone assignments when exporting lenses meshes. Delphy wrote an editor to work around that problem - the SimGeom Editor from this collection of small editors: http://www.modthesims.info/d/372169 .

Open your lenses mesh file with SimGeom Editor, then click 'Import Bones', browse to the extracted mesh files for the eyeglasses you cloned from (in the case of my round glasses, it was amGlassesOval) and select the lenses mesh. Then click 'Set', and you'll see all the Bone assignments in the right hand side of the editor screen change. Do a File/Save As (maybe call it LensesFixed, like I do) and try using the new file. Hope that works!

(We had a long discussion about this problem here, which is how the SimGeom Editor got created! http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=372936)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
If you're using Milkshape, for some reason it loses the bone assignments when exporting lenses meshes. Delphy wrote an editor to work around that problem - the SimGeom Editor from this collection of small editors: http://www.modthesims.info/d/372169 .

Open your lenses mesh file with SimGeom Editor, then click 'Import Bones', browse to the extracted mesh files for the eyeglasses you cloned from (in the case of my round glasses, it was amGlassesOval) and select the lenses mesh. Then click 'Set', and you'll see all the Bone assignments in the right hand side of the editor screen change. Do a File/Save As (maybe call it LensesFixed, like I do) and try using the new file. Hope that works!

(We had a long discussion about this problem here, which is how the SimGeom Editor got created! http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=372936)

Danke, komraden! I'm actually doing this for my Molly McIntire sim. I'm aiming for the perfect look, so I thought that porting your glasses for it to fit on kids will be 'swell enough.
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 1:16 PM
Actual, the mesh doesn't lose the boneassignements but the glass joint rotates on a few axises when exporting.
When in Cas the lenses will be there but floating just above the floor about a meter from the sim

It is something that should be fixed in Wes his GEOM exporter.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
Actual, the mesh doesn't lose the boneassignements but the glass joint rotates on a few axises when exporting.
When in Cas the lenses will be there but floating just above the floor about a meter from the sim

It is something that should be fixed in Wes his GEOM exporter.

OK, noted. Anyway, here's a screenshot of my ported mesh:
Mad Poster
#6 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 3:30 PM
Hooray, glad you got it to work! I did intend to make a children's version of the glasses eventually, but forgot and never got around to it. They look cute on her!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 2:23 AM
Hooray, glad you got it to work! I did intend to make a children's version of the glasses eventually, but forgot and never got around to it. They look cute on her!

So, uh, mind if I donate the package files to you for releasing? Or is it alright if I release it myself with you on the credits? After all, it was you who did the round glasses in the first place.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by blakegriplingph
So, uh, mind if I donate the package files to you for releasing? Or is it alright if I release it myself with you on the credits? After all, it was you who did the round glasses in the first place.

I'm happy for you to either upload them yourself and give me credit for the mesh, or give them to me and I'll add it to my upload page for the adult version and give you credit for making the conversion. Or, you can do both if you want to!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 3:21 PM
I'm happy for you to either upload them yourself and give me credit for the mesh, or give them to me and I'll add it to my upload page for the adult version and give you credit for making the conversion. Or, you can do both if you want to!

Thanks. Will upload them asap. I might give you the sources too, if you want.