Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lazurite
Sounds like a cool challenge, but there's a pretty big problem. I get it, fancy fonts to represent each era, but I think most people prefer their challenges to have readable rules.

You're the first person I've had mention the fonts. Was there a particular Era that was hard for you to read?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SnowieSimmer
You're the first person I've had mention the fonts. Was there a particular Era that was hard for you to read?

The Renaissance, holy god the Renaissance. Sorry if this comes off as rude, but that font is freaking obnoxious. Also GSF, and Stone Age and Early Civilization to a lesser degree.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#53 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lazurite
The Renaissance, holy god the Renaissance. Sorry if this comes off as rude, but that font is freaking obnoxious. Also GSF, and Stone Age and Early Civilization to a lesser degree.

I've changed the Renaissance font now. I find it interesting that Stone Age and Early Civ bother you, but the Roaring 20's doesn't. Would increasing the font size on those ones make them more readable (that's what I had to do with the 20's)?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 6:57 PM
A small update for Island Living and its corresponding game patch!

Change Log 7/11/19
Patch 1.52 Updates
  • Added the use of the “Off The Grid” lot trait to the suggestions section for the first four Eras.
  • Allowed the Fisherman part-time job starting in Early Civilization and onward.
  • Allowed taking odd jobs starting in Modern Day.
  • No restrictions on lounge chairs.

More Island Living Support
  • Allowed the Kava Bowl starting in the Stone Age and onward.
  • Allowed the Lifeguard part-time job starting in the Roaring 20’s and onward.
  • Allowed the Diving part-time job starting in the Roaring 20’s and onward.
    - I added suggested restrictions to each era regarding the diving tools and interactions. As always, these are suggestions and you don’t have to follow them if you don’t want to.
  • Allowed the Conservationist career starting in Modern Day.
    - You can, however, do various things to clean up the island at any time. You just can’t do the career until Modern Day.
    - Ex: Things like beachcombing for trash, cleaning up trash on the beach/water, and cleaning up residue left by the volcano will all help you clean up the Island without being part of the Conservationist career.
  • Allowed the Beach Life aspiration starting in the Stone Age and onward.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#55 Old 21st Nov 2019 at 8:57 PM
Change Log: 11/21/19
Hello all! I've finished the updates for University, RoM, and Moschino.

Test Subject
#56 Old 15th Dec 2019 at 5:57 AM
I wanted to thank you Snowie for keeping this going. I know you haven't had a ton of feedback, but I had taken part in this challenge in October 2015 (Fayeli on the Sims Forums.) I ended up getting really distracted with RL (got married and had a kid.) Finally had a chance to sit down and come back to playing. I was sad to see Cloudseeker no longer able to participate but so glad you picked up the torch. Looking forward to seeing what you've updated and altered; getting back to my roots in challenges. ♥
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#57 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 5:16 PM
Change Log: 12/1/20
I've added support for all packs through Snowy Escape, and have also added two new Eras to the challenge!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#58 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 8:11 PM
Change Log: 7/18/21
I've added support for all packs through Cottage Living, and made some quality of life changes to the Stone Age while removing the Outdoor Retreat requirement!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#59 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 6:32 PM
Default General updates and Werewolves support!
I've added support for the Werewolves pack, as well as cleaned up some general things in the challenge rules.
6/16/22 Patch Notes:
The other one
#60 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 9:28 PM
I'm giving this a shot but I had trouble downloading the empty worlds save, it kept saying the blog had been removed. I went looking for another one and found one here on MTS so just sharing in case anyone else is just starting out and needs a save file. This one isn't fully updated but of the 11 worlds I have installed, 7 are empty which is better than none.

https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=610732

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#61 Old 28th Jul 2022 at 6:29 PM
Change Log: 7/28/22
An update to add support for High School Years, and clean up a couple things.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#62 Old 27th Feb 2024 at 7:18 PM Last edited by SnowieSimmer : 29th Feb 2024 at 7:41 PM.
Default Change Log 2/27/24
Expansions and stuff packs and millions of kits, oh my! This update adds support for Growing Together, Horse Ranch, For Rent, Home Chef Hustle, and Crystal Creations, as well as a few general updates to fill in missing content and rebalance the Renaissance.

Page 3 of 3