Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 7:21 AM
Default No career wants for retired
I'm looking for a mod that disables any wants to join a career after a sim had retired. I swear I saw this mod couple days ago but now I cannot find it anywhere.

I'm also looking for a mod that revamps the logic behind what join career want each sim gets, for example, I don't want sims with wealth aspiration to get join adventurer or the ocean-whatever career.

I think I also saw a 3rd mod that modified which careers could be chosen for the lifetime wish, but again I can't find it.

Thanks
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MeowMixPls
I'm looking for a mod that disables any wants to join a career after a sim had retired. I swear I saw this mod couple days ago but now I cannot find it anywhere.

Pescado's wfsanity (Wants Fears Sanity) might help. The readme doesn't mention this feature, but the older "No Retired Job Spam" was rolled into wfsanity so I think that wfsanity may nuke this annoyance.

Quote: Originally posted by MeowMixPls
I'm also looking for a mod that revamps the logic behind what join career want each sim gets, for example, I don't want sims with wealth aspiration to get join adventurer or the ocean-whatever career.

I think I also saw a 3rd mod that modified which careers could be chosen for the lifetime wish, but again I can't find it.

Thanks

I use Pescado's LTWvariety for this. This makes the choice of LTW be influenced by the sim's interests, personality and family history (if one of your sim's parents was in Career X, the current sim may also want to be in that career). You may need to re-roll the LTW after installing this mod for it to affect that sim. This mod will also limit your choices, so if you use the batbox, blender, etc. to "cycle" through available LTWs, you will no longer have all of them available - just the ones that LTWvariety allows as appropriate for that sim.
Quote: Originally posted by Pescado
FEATURES:
Lifetime wants for careers are no longer strictly aspirationally correlated, and will instead vary by appropriate interests and personality. Career-wants for varying careers may appear outside of aspirational boundaries due to family influence, and sim personalities will match desired occupation. Crazier lifetime wants (Marry Off 6 Children, Have 6 Grandchildren) will disappear in neighborhoods of advanced age and therefore population to slow down Armageddon.

COMPATIBILITY:
Compatible with all FFS Hacks. For TS2NL - TS2Seasons. (Apparently the readme was not updated past Seasons. The mod works fine with later EPs than that, although I haven't found documentation on the later careers.)

Here are the personality and interest requirements for some of the careers. Pescado apparently never updated the info for careers included in EPs after Seasons.

You can find both mods here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...r=al%2Fhacks%2F
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 6:05 AM
Ahh, Pescado's wfsanity, I just removed it as it was not giving me the correct wishes when playing the Pleasantview premades the first time.

I actually have had all these mods but ended removing many Pescado's mods as some of them took away game features that I do want. guess i'll put these ones back. Thanks for your help.