Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 5:13 PM Last edited by fascisthater : 11th Feb 2019 at 6:30 PM.
Default 10x10 residential lot
I thought I should ask about the quality of this lot and the screenshots and if alright upload later on in the month. This is a base game only house that I tried to keep under 20k. Furnished $19996, Unfurnished $15557.
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 9:06 PM
It's a very cute house! Colorful too, it'd be good for a new couple, or a couple with a baby. I think it's a nice quality house imo

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Test Subject
#3 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 6:22 AM
Hi fascisthater
Not sure how much feedback you are looking for, so take what is helpful to you from the following:
Cute little house, love the colors!
I think your first 7 screenshots are good (though the roof picture is not required and doesn't really add to the download imo)
The other, additional pics would be better if taken with less use of tab. The tab button is very useful, but can distort the proportions of your picture, so it doesn't really show off the lot in the best way.

Here is a cottage with tight rooms: http://www.modthesims.info/download...668#post5445668 (post #11- The Square Hamster- if it doesn't link properly)
Many of the pictures were taken in build/buy mode. Make sure the grid is off, and if you are in the terrain section, the outside grid will also disappear. The reason to be in Build/buy is because now you can remove whatever is in the way of your picture, like an outside wall. Then hit undo and the lot returns to normal. This will allow you to get better pictures without having to rely on the tab button. I usually take 100- 200 screenshots, and then narrow it down to around 20, more or less, based on the size of the lot. If I cannot get a room to photo well, I skip that room.

Extra feedback:
If a fence is on the absolute edge of the lot, it can cause routing issues. It is best to leave at least 1 square from the edge free (stuff sims can walk through is fine).
I love the second level deck. If you turn on the "moveobjects on" cheat, and place the columns while holding down the alt key, you can place the columns closer to the corners on the lower level.
If you can get the price below 18,500, it can be considered a "starter home"- just a thought.