Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#17676 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 1:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
...In my ... Strangetown... this error message occasionally pops up at some lots I'd downloaded: "Object Error --- An error occurred in object "Controller Climate" # 229, Error: Too many iterations. The Stack Trace is saved in "C:/Users/Owner. owner-PC/Documents/EA Games/The sims 2/Logs/object Error_N002t5.txt"

You could open up the lot with Clean Installer, and see if you downloaded anything extra with the lot, but based on your error message, you're having an issue with the climate controller, not a car. Did you download anything to do with weather recently? Or did you have any objects controlling weather on the lot? I wouldn't think it's a problem unless it keeps recurring; if it does, search for errors with the climate controller.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#17677 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 1:24 PM
Someone had that error, and fixed it.
http://modthesims.info/t/547057

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#17678 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 4:23 PM
Thanks everyone !

I have BO's NoSimLoaded and am going to move the sim out and back in.
This was a residential lot, and I noticed BO's 'message' with this lot didn't appear.
I didn't download anything to do with the weather.
Will get back here later if anything shows up.

" Inama Nushif "
Alchemist
#17679 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 10:01 PM Last edited by aelflaed : 27th Feb 2019 at 10:02 PM. Reason: spelling
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
If you're building community lots with items that generate NPCs, such as bars, coffee stands, and chef stoves, the game will sometimes generate them when you open them in build mode. Usually you can see them. If you leave your Characters file for the neighborhood open in another tab, you can double-check

Peni Griffin, I just wanted to say that this info has been very useful. Now that I know that this NPC creation happens on opening the lot, I have been able to keep an eye on it and exit the lot straight away if any character files appear. Saves a chunk of anxious what-if-this-effort-is-wasted time. Thank you!
Test Subject
#17680 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 11:45 PM
I'll probably test this out in-game soon enough but I'm curious... if a sim who rolls a want for a baby is married to someone who gets abducted, would their want be fulfilled when their spouse has the alien baby? I have so many knowledge/family couples where this has probably happened multiple times but I can't recall... I feel like it might have?? Seems like something I'd have noticed by this point ._.
Mad Poster
#17681 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dairyprince
I'll probably test this out in-game soon enough but I'm curious... if a sim who rolls a want for a baby is married to someone who gets abducted, would their want be fulfilled when their spouse has the alien baby? I have so many knowledge/family couples where this has probably happened multiple times but I can't recall... I feel like it might have?? Seems like something I'd have noticed by this point ._.

No, it won't. It has to be the pixel themselves that have the want fulfilled. After all, it's their want, not their partner's.
If both partners have the want for a baby, it might-but alien babies are from outside of marriage, and thus don't qualify for the want fulfillment.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Lab Assistant
#17682 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cakeninja
General Buzz Grunt keeps bringing home a townie child with the "[Sim] brought a friend home from work today!" dialogue. I'm pretty sure the Strangetown military isn't desperate enough to recruit preteens, so has anyone seen a bug like this before/have any idea what might be causing it?

I had this happen with Sally Riley when she grew up... Only, she tried to bring home a Human Statue and the game kept throwing errors

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Field Researcher
#17683 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 4:49 AM
Aren't sims who join the secret society supposed to get a memory about it? Two of my sims didn't get their memories. How could I fix this?

I browsed through MTS's downloads about memory mods and found this: http://modthesims.info/d/245542/no-...ries-clear.html would that be useful? it is an older mod and I have got many of pescados, twojeff's, BO's, cyjen's hacks already.
Alchemist
#17684 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 5:01 AM Last edited by Phantomknight : 26th Mar 2020 at 5:38 AM. Reason: Spelling
Quote: Originally posted by dairyprince
if a sim who rolls a want for a baby is married to someone who gets abducted, would their want be fulfilled when their spouse has the alien baby?

It should if you download Midgethetree/Radium's Step-Parents Baby Wants Satisfied: "When a baby is born, their “step-parents” (spouses of their biological parents) will also get baby wants/fears fulfilled if they live with the baby, and their step-grandparents will have grandbaby wants fulfilled as well." @Radium, the mod does work for abductions, right?

@MeowMixPls, there's no memory for joining the secret society, but you can give them a custom memory with DiLight's Custom Memories. As for No More Sims Memories Clear, if you care about townies losing memories upon move in, then go for it. It looks like it's still working/is compatibility with more recent EPs. I have a mod by Squinge that does the same thing. It's nice when townies remember all the other sims they fell in love with or picked fights with.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Lab Assistant
#17685 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 5:22 AM
Yep, that mod should work perfectly well with abductions!

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Field Researcher
#17686 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 5:30 AM Last edited by MeowMixPls : 28th Feb 2019 at 5:46 AM.
@Phantomknight Cool, just downloaded the custom memories mod.

What is the name of the mod that lets you ask sims to stay overnight after midnight?

Also, any recommendations for apartments that are on one level (so 1 story building or 2 if the second floor is just cosmetic) and have at least 4 or more apartments on that lot?
Mad Poster
#17687 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 3:33 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 28th Feb 2019 at 4:20 PM.
What do these interactions of testingcheats do?[list]
*DBG - Get Dir and Dist
- Cheer up (under Debug - Interactions)
- Debug - Toggle FBA On
- Display...
- Slot Test
- Social Debug
- Set Maintenance Level
- Test Lua Scripts

And does "Give Aspiration points" suppose not to work?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Alchemist
#17688 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MeowMixPls
@Phantomknight Cool, just downloaded the custom memories mod. What is the name of the mod that lets you ask sims to stay overnight after midnight? Also, any recommendations for apartments that are on one level (so 1 story building or 2 if the second floor is just cosmetic) and have at least 4 or more apartments on that lot?

Finally got a chance to look in my downloads; it's Late Sleepover by Cyjon. No idea about the apartments; though! But browse through the downloads--I'm sure there's some good ones and I think there's one that was uploaded a few days ago that might meet your requirements. Idk what aesthetic you're looking for, but I find that when looking for lots to download, MTS is one of the best places to search. There are a lot of creative builders out there on tumblr and other sites, but it's just harder to find those and even harder to search for specific buildings.

And SneakyWingPhoenix, I've no idea, but if you test it and figure it out, let us know!

Field Researcher
#17689 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 9:06 PM
Are townies associated with/more likely to appear in one sub neighborhood? It seems so, but maybe I'm imagining it. If I'm right though, how does that work and can it be changed?
Alchemist
#17690 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 9:09 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 2nd Mar 2019 at 11:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SparkySays
Are townies associated with/more likely to appear in one sub neighborhood? It seems so, but maybe I'm imagining it. If I'm right though, how does that work and can it be changed?

There may be other factors I don't know, but the family instance determines where they can show up. There are different instances for Townies, Hobby Sims, Bohemians, Socialites, Strays, Tourists.... I hide sims from play by making them Downtownies (changing their family instance to 7FFC) when I don't have a Downtown, so, yes, you can change it. That's what's happening when you use something like Inge's cat to change them to townie/downtownie/etc. I usually change bunches of them in SimPE.
Mad Poster
#17691 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Many of us have Targas fridge, I've used it for years. I have not used or heard of the Genie lamp mod so I would be more inclined to look at that. Before that though I would move her to another lot as often that is all a pregnant sim needs to be reset.

So...there is nothing wrong with Sadie, being pregnant for many Sim days, nor with Lissa now being pregnant for 176 days.
My own doing, but I just forgot I edited the pregnancy span mod I have...I guess, this is what happened when you leave your Sims for too many months!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17692 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 4:05 AM
If it's any consolation I kind of wrecked my hood terrain by using the change terrain type on it. Coral Bay (AKA Elsewhere by Plasticbox) is not your average hood. She somehow combined two terrains. I have had to use hood replace and now get to pick up and place down about 30 lots... Oh and last back up was Jan 31st- of course. Things happen as soon as I get complacent with my backups.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17693 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 6:00 AM
It is yes, I prefer my problem. But no, I'd rather you didn't have to go through that.
You'll be able to fix it right? and then go back to business.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17694 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 6:25 AM
Well, some isn't too bad now. Some hood deco to hide a few spots will help. Then a few of the roads have disappeared into the ground so I am going to carefully use the level, raise and lower hood terrain on them. One lot is flooded, not sure about that. Once again I will remind myself to make a freaking backup before messing around. My other option is revert to my Jan 31st backup and extract sims born since and cheat families up. I would prefer not to though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#17695 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 9:03 AM Last edited by Orphalesion : 2nd Mar 2019 at 9:56 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
No-jealousy-at-all mods should not conflict with ACR, the reason being that ACR's jealousy settings only affect ACR's separate romantic interactions. That's why, if you use ACR and want a no-jealousy game, you need to globally disable ACR jealousy AND have a mod that disables Maxis jealousy. The two are not the same. (If you use ACR, you can tell if Sims are using the Maxis interaction or the ACR one by hovering over the icon in their queue. If they're doing an ACR interaction, it'll say something like "Charm(ACR)" as opposed to just "Charm.") I myself use ACR plus a no-jealousy-at-all mod (not sure which one) in my "free love" neighborhood where everyone's in open, pansexual relationships.

And sure, Sims will fall in love autonomously with Maxis romantic interactions. What they won't ever do is woohoo or try for baby autonomously. Some people are fine with that; ACR exists for us folks who aren't. ACR, IMO, is the best tool to enable that functionality, IF that's something that you want, plus I, personally, love all of its settings so that my Sims have a wide range of romantic/sexual behavior and so that I can control family sizes better, since I leave trying for baby up to the pixels. But if you don't want all that stuff and you're happy with the way Maxis romance and baby-making works, then there's no reason to have ACR. I'm not trying to be some kind of ACR evangelist; there just seems to be a general lack of knowledge as to how it works or of the depths of its flexibility. People seem to think it just turns all Sims into sluts that are completely out of the player's control, which isn't true at all. As I said, its default settings does make them a bit on the slutty side, yes, but the POINT is that you can change that on a very detailed level.

ALL that being said...I think for my own purposes, what I'd like to have is a mod that makes all MAXIS romantic interactions non-autonomous, leaving just the ACR ones as the autonomous actions. Then I wouldn't have to fret about relationships being interrupted because of any autonomous Maxis interactions. I should ask Midge about that, if such a thing doesn't already exist, since they're still taking requests....

Thank you for explaining all that, becausse I was really confused at what ACR is actually doing. I saw people claim they use it to have their Sims create drama "with autonomous romantic interactions), and was looking at my (ACR-free) game where a sim lady will walk right up to her lover at a house party and start making out with him in front of his wife, without me telling her to do that (she was a visitor after all) and was like...."So what does this thing even do that's not already happening?"
The most confusing post were when I, explained I don't want my Sims to choose their own partners, because it would just be random game behaviour and people told me I could disable that and still use ACR. For what then? Why have a mod if I disable what it's supposed to do?

So, at the most restricted "non free love" as you call all version it enables sims to woohoo and have babies without me telling them to...

Yeah, that's still a no go for me. I rather go by the baby wants.
But really thank you for properly explaining it all.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17696 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 9:55 AM
@Orphalesion I'm the same way. I keep thinking maybe I will try it in a toss away hood but I am sure 3/4 of it I won't want. I would like single sims to initiate relationships by themselves just a bit more. Like two singles made a move to flirt or something low key. I wouldn't mind if my few townies or dormies paired themselves off and I would like better birth control but I believe risky whoohoo overrides ACR birth control anyway from watching a let's play. Random woohooing might be funny for a time but I can see that getting annoying quickly. I don't want them deciding on babies most of the time and cheating never, Maxis cheating is quite enough. I'm a killjoy, my sims don't get much.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17697 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 9:59 AM
But I thought that sims could flirt autonomously with just the vanilla game?
Theorist
#17698 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 11:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

Yes, they can, they do in my game. Which is why I was for so confused what ACR is even supposed to "improve".

And as @iCad helpfully explained, all it apparently does is allowing complete strangers to flirt and Sims to woohoo/make baby by themselves.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17699 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 11:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

They can yes, but I can't say the number of times I have placed two sims near each other and all they would do is talk or play catch, so I had to make one flirt. I would like my singles to be a bit more proactive. Especially those whose aspiration is not family. Family sims are more likely to jump in without prompting.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#17700 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 12:40 PM
I can't figure out why my cowplant wont eat a sim. Her hygiene is not low, I should not have pescados hack and if I did, ger logic is not that high?

She is always able to push the cow plants head away. Even when I direct her to the plant.

https://i.imgur.com/SSi1DQi.png

I'm getting so tired constantly fixing up this game to get it work somewhat properly. I just realised that antifoodnap hack did not stop sims sleeping on their plates.
Page 708 of 1339