Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 7:56 PM
so does that mean you no longer will have this option q express permantly.i loved this feature.it worked for me.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 7:56 PM
couldnt we add it as an option?
Test Subject
#53 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 8:08 PM
that sucks QXpress made it so much easier
and iv only had one problem with it
Test Subject
#54 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 8:12 PM
what are the other sites that use QXpress
i havnt seen any
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#55 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 9:41 PM
Q-Xpress will not be added as an option. Q-Xpress will not be coming back. I don't know how many times I have to say that

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#56 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 12:10 AM
Ok, this site has gone down the drain. First the IRC chat was deleted, next the home requests, then the expansion pack checker for the download section, and now qxpress... :/ Everything I used to love about this site is gone
Test Subject
#57 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 12:12 AM
Ok I take back the Expansion pack checker thing, I had to search for it. It was hidden for me.
Instructor
#58 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 12:37 AM
irc chat is still there...click "site links" and then "live chat" in the menu
home requests? most people who can make homes like in the pictures, dont take requests or fulfill any, so thats probably why it was deleted.
and im not sure what you mean by expansion pack checker...it automatically filters out downloads for eps you dont have. I'm guessing you mean the part that filters in the actual download area? All he did was switch it to a collapseable thing now so it takes up less space on the side and people can now see the Download FAQ links without scrolling too much. Although I can see how that part could seem hard to miss, it wasnt hidden.

WickedNoukFamily -- free sims2 sites with hundreds of creations for you to fill your downloads folder with! Some sites offer sims3 content too! :D

Pay Stuff for Free -- Visit Me at My Website: Wicked Sims (sims2 & sims3)
Field Researcher
#59 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 1:38 AM
Hey Delphy, Have a drink and a good lie down lol. Now that you are rested, I would like to say thank you for all the small things you do for this site. I found qxpress didnt always work and I wont miss it. cheers
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 4:24 AM
q-xpress didn't work half the time anyways
Test Subject
#61 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 5:20 AM
thanks for the update
theres so much great custom content on this site.id love to add it all
Test Subject
#62 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 5:28 AM
Default Oh Well too bad but thanks
Its a pity that Q Xpress is gone because I finally got it to work on Vista but I suppose if there are toomany problems, that seems logical. Thanks for all the hard work, love the site still and hopefully will be just as good.
Test Subject
#63 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 3:12 PM
I want Q-Xpress back!! :'( it was the only thing that let me download rar files from MTS2 correctly into my downloads folder- WinRAR doesn't work for mee! *sobs*

---Pretty pleease??
Test Subject
#64 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 6:13 PM
Ok I'm done complaining. But I'm just wodering if any other people are experiencing my problem. Simply put, the pages are taking like 10 minutes to load. How do I fix it??
Test Subject
#65 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 6:35 PM
Wow.. Its not even worth it to download from this site anymore. Q-Xpress was honestly the only thing that kept me downloading from here because without it, it takes 10 minutes to download one friggin' thing. Did you not think about the people who QX actually worked for?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#66 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 8:33 PM
No, I obviously don't think about anybody on the site at all who things work for, and don't spend my evenings or weekends making new features, and making things go faster or really improving things.

Of course, the fact that you can just queue things up in a regular download manager program obviously doesn't help.

Lab Assistant
#67 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 9:36 PM
download manager has been acting a bit buggy today, but thats normal for firefox... and to all those that don't like q-xpress being gone, delphy is the owner of the site, and if he wants to take q-xpress down its his right to....

begging, pleading etc aint gonna help, trust me i've tried..

so basically you either adjust to using a different downloading program, down load the files individually or leave...

personally i like the stuff that people create on here, so im staying...

so either stay or go, but please don't complain about it
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#68 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 11:00 PM
I'm not just the creator of this site, I also wrote Q-Xpress, too.

Test Subject
#69 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 4:40 AM
I just want to know how can i install without that QX. sorry for such a fool of me.
Test Subject
#70 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 5:20 AM
OK if you got WinRAR try this when downloading wait for the download to finish when the little window opens and click on open when it opens in WinRAR click on file where it says extract to folder click on that when the menu of folders opens go down to program folders then where it says EA open that click on sims2 folder and there you go. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt,as far as Qinstaller im no coder or I would try my hand at the free code and try to fix it but im not. Oh I almost forgot im not trying to promote other peoples sites but if you want to try sims file maid 2 you can try that.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 7:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mooninspired
I just want to know how can i install without that QX. sorry for such a fool of me.

There's a whole guide on how to download and install stuff here:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...Fracking_Idiots
Test Subject
#72 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 3:31 PM
Delphy, I aplogize for everyone out here who keeps complaining, that has to be so frustrating. It's not enough that you keep this site up for all of us Sims addicts, but you come out of retirement to continue to take care of us..

I loved Qexpress, but I understand when something becomes a bigger problem than help it's time for it to go.. I have learned how to download manually, and if I can do it, anyone can.. Seriously technically impaired indivual here... LOL

I want to say thank you, there are no other sites as full of great content and as well organised and easy to find as they are here. You did that, so thank you... I hope this site doesnt go down too quickly after sims3 comes out, cause I wont buy that one for several years yet.. I tend to wait till bugs are worked out as much as they are going to be..And with ea's record with bugs, it's gona be a long wait... LOL

I love this site, it's my favorite sims site and I dont see that changing just because I'll have to take an extra 10 seconds to get my downloads.. Thanks again, for all you do in here for us. Cause you know I just dont really think you do it for yourself, You've got all the great content you could possibly want and then some.. Im pretty sure you do this for us...

Thanks again. A huge fan, Ileya
Field Researcher
#73 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 4:48 PM
Sorry for all the idiots. I love the improvements, Qxpress was more of a hassle than a help anyways, it only seemed to work half the time.
I love what you've done with this site, it is in my opinion the most user friendly free site with the best content that exists.
Thanks for everything Delphy!
Test Subject
#74 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 11:31 AM
Well, I am happy with the improvements of the website. I'm glad to see Delphy around again. As far as QX goes, I never once used it. I have always downloaded manually. When I first came to MTS2, I found a program to open rar files easily and have never had any trouble with downloading or opening files. The program is ALZip and it will open all types of files, rar or ZIP, so it works for everything!! Cheers and happy downloading.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 1:14 AM
Thanks, Delph.

Y'know, Q-xpress was nifty and all... but (I think) downloading and unzipping manually is only a smidge more difficult. I don't miss it too much.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: No more complaints
Page 3 of 4