Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 2:20 PM Last edited by Simmortality : 12th Feb 2019 at 3:10 PM.
Default s3pe application failed
Hey!

For several days now, I have been unable to open s3pe, and that sucks a lot. Everytime I try to open it it gives me this notification:

Application failed
Front-end Distribution: 14-0222-1852
Library Distribution: 14-0222-1852
== START ==
Source: System.Windows.Forms
Assembly: System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
SplitterDistance must be between Panel1MinSize and Width - Panel2MinSize.
at System.Windows.Forms.SplitContainer.set_SplitterDistance(Int32 value)

at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.MainForm_LoadFormSettings()

at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm..ctor()

at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm..ctor(String[] args)

at S3PIDemoFE.Program.Main(String[] args)
-----
== END ==

Do you guys have any idea what I could do to make it work again? I already tried deinstalling and reinstalling it, but unfortunately it did nothing.
I also can't remember doing anything weird since I used it for the last time, so I'm a bit helpless here.
I would really apprectiate if someone could help me with this...

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 1:10 AM
Hello !

I created an account just to answer to this very message. I have the exact same problem and can't find anything on the internet (been looking for around two hours now, very fun)
Since your message was in February 2019, I have high hopes in you... Were you able to correct the problem?
I can't install S3PE, I never used it but I read it could be useful to find a bad CC that's been stuck in my game.
I'm going crazy, please tell me you found something ?
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 9:57 AM
Did you make sure you have Microsoft net framework 4 installed?
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 12:38 PM
Yes, I checked again and I have the latest version of Net Framework (on Windows 10).
I already have TSR Workshop, Dashboard, Custard and CrashLogAnalyser, and all work absolutely fine, so I don't understand
Senior Moderator
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 6:17 PM
I just tried downloading the latest version, and it said I have an old version installed (I installed only a few months ago). I'm not sure if it is an actual older version, or if it just said that because it is just the latest one already installed but I'm thinking maybe there is a problem with the latest version - try installing this version to see if it works?
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 3:55 PM
I FOUND THE SOLUTION !
It wasn't the version or anything, but thank you so much for your help, I wish you at least 10 hours of Sims without a single crash, you deserve it.

So if anyone is here because they had the same problem, I found this website (you'll need the help of google translation if you don't speak Korean) : https://m.blog.naver.com/jpjp8245/100203674857

You'll need to go in Appdata and search for a Peter L Jones file. In there, you'll find a .config file starting with "s3pe". Delete it. Now download S3PE again, and it should work (or at least it opens, which is way better than what happened before)

So for me it was : Windows (C: ) / Users / [name of the user] / AppData / Roaming / Peter L Jones / sims3tools
Just know that : AppData is a hidden file, so you'll need to make sure you can see hidden files and it might be in LocalLow or Local (i think)
Senior Moderator
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 11:44 PM
Thanks for your kind wish
Glad you found the solution! And have fun with s3pe, it's a great tool for many different things