Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 7:32 PM
Default What content stays in an uploaded house?
Hey, I´ve got a question that I havent found any answer for.

I got World Aventures and have created a nice house. The house contains nectarmachines, racks and about 1300 bottles of nectar. If I pack and upload this house to MTS, will the ppl who downloads it (if they got WA of course) get the machines and bottles or are those erazed?
And the watersprinklers, will those still be autowater-function? And all my life-plants, will those follow the house??

Best regards, Sierra.

PS, if this is in the wrong section, please feel free to move it. I would apriciate a pm though so I could find the topic again, thanks.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 7:56 PM
Hmm, I wonder about that too. . . Why dont you package the lot and go into exports and install the sim3pack file by double clicking it. Once you go back into your game, place it again somewhere and check if it still has all its upgrades etc.

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 8:15 PM
Well, that´s a smart thought indeed. That way I dont have to upload it via MTS to find out.

I´ll try it and report back...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 8:40 PM
Ok, I did "share it", then doubleclicked it. When the sims3 launcher started the house was in my upload tab, not the download tab but I guess this is just because I am the uploader... Started the game and placed a copy of the house on an empty lot and this is the result:

- Nectarmachines, watersprinklers, lifeplants, racks and even all of my bottles were there (thank god ).
- The machines were tinklered with, meaning that they are all set up for improved pressing and so on. The watersprinklers however have lost their autowater ability for some reason...

So, unless the MTS have some filter to remove stuff like this in the uploads, we should be ok... Meaning I can complete my winecellar knowing that the work isn´t wasted, lol.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 1:14 PM
Well thats good to hear! I always thought about that but now I actually know what happens.

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Field Researcher
#6 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 1:17 PM
I would think it's included seeing as it's part of the house and not the inventory of the family.
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 10:01 AM
I have a question similar to this. If I upload a house with custom content, will it stay with the house? Also, will other people be able to download it if they dont have the custom content that i used? One last question. Since this is my first house that I'm uploading, how do I change it to a package or sims3pack file?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 8:00 PM
Yes, the custom content will stay with the house, but you need to make sure the original creators allow their things to be uploaded with lots. You also need to post links to the custom content and state whether or not its included.

As for changing the package, you don't. Just click the share/save to file button. It needs to be zipped to upload. MTS is using .zip, .rar, and 7z.

Inspire. Dream. Hope. Believe. Imagine. Create.
Inventor
#9 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaospilot
I'm also wondering this, sort of. About sim taken pictures and that

I am not sure about pictures they have taken but ones that they have painted stay in the 3 pk. I did one and checked the 3 pk and it showed it was included.

On the sprinklers on auto - I need to do some studing because I have uploaded several houses that they are on auto and said so in the post and no one has ever commented that they weren't.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#10 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 2:52 PM
The only cc that will package with the lot is items that were installed as sims3packs via the launcher, .package items won't attach to the sims3pack. They will be replaced with game items if the downloader does not put those .package cc in their downloads folder before installing the lot.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 12:58 PM
I learned something new.

Inspire. Dream. Hope. Believe. Imagine. Create.
Scholar
#12 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 8:57 PM
The sprinklers have always broken on export, we had discussions about them way back. I also put sprinklers that had been upgraded into a families inventory as they were moving and most of them lost the upgrade too. People don't complain as they know this happens and if you don't tell them they're upgraded, then they won't know anyway.