Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#126 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 9:59 PM
@Amura Oh, so sorry to hear that you lost this rounds Pictures

You noted that your Challenge Score was 176, with Karnnh Dukrarn-Walker being a new hybrid. So how is your challenge going?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#127 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 11:23 AM
Well, I guess it's no big deal, but I feel so silly because I meant to move them to their folder and I deleted them instead. If it was not enough, I decided to permanently delete everything from the bin, which I hardly ever do.
At least this won't damage my game or corrupt my files or anything of that sort XD

The challenge is doing well, I suppose.
I added the whole points thing to try it out. I had never played with points in mind so I wanted to test it, but I don't think it suits my playstyle much. I mean, I write it them down, but other than that I ignore them all the time.
For me the whole point of this challenge was seeing alien genetics playing an important role, so I could have several generations of little green ones. Which as you know does not need any kind of challenge, but that was my excuse :D
The points are a way to limit my interference and not add too many extra aliens (which would make the points count drop) but I had no need at all so far. In fact I have plenty of green skinned residents
Top Secret Researcher
#128 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
Well, I guess it's no big deal, but I feel so silly because I meant to move them to their folder and I deleted them instead. If it was not enough, I decided to permanently delete everything from the bin, which I hardly ever do.
At least this won't damage my game or corrupt my files or anything of that sort XD

The challenge is doing well, I suppose.
I added the whole points thing to try it out. I had never played with points in mind so I wanted to test it, but I don't think it suits my playstyle much. I mean, I write it them down, but other than that I ignore them all the time.
For me the whole point of this challenge was seeing alien genetics playing an important role, so I could have several generations of little green ones. Which as you know does not need any kind of challenge, but that was my excuse :D
The points are a way to limit my interference and not add too many extra aliens (which would make the points count drop) but I had no need at all so far. In fact I have plenty of green skinned residents

@Amura I am glad that your game is going well.

I love to see how the Alien Genetics work in my game as well.

I limit how many extra Aliens I might add by thinking of how much work it was when I added several recently. Acckk, I don't plan to do it again anytime soon.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Scholar
Original Poster
#129 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 2:50 PM
Hehe, my population is usually quite limited, I don't like huge hoods - because rotations take too long - so I don't think I'm ever adding MANY aliens (or any other Sims for the case) at a time.
A household, yes, that might be. But not more.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#130 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 3:11 PM
Oh, a Bigfoot! I do love them. Especially when they bring gifts home!

Poor Callista, she really looked reluctant to go! That's how I'll be.

I've never used romancemod- I'll have to try it out. It sounds like it could be useful and make things work a little differently to the EA default.

Roger and J'Kepp Walker certainly have a full house- good job they are managing!

Great updates @Amura I enjoyed reading as usual! :lovestruc
Scholar
Original Poster
#131 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 5:13 PM
Bigfoot brings gifts home? Like what? Huge stones? XD
My very first time playing one, so I don't really know much about them, and I don't think I'm falling in love with them...
I have a similar feeling with the servos, they are too "easy" in some weird sense.

Romancemod is great, I've tried some mods that removed the whole jealousy aspect and they were a bit more boring, but this one is kinda neat.

Roger and J'Kepp indeed have a full house, although none of them actually wanted a large family - the twins were an accident (aka abduction) and Jess and James were born to please the grandparents. Who are the ones paying the bills anyway :D

I've just finished another rotation, I hope to post about it soon!
Scholar
Original Poster
#132 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 5:17 PM
Btw @simsample, I've just seen your Bluehaven hood - it's really beautiful.
Wanted to ask: is it a populated hood or an empty one?
Top Secret Researcher
#133 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 5:24 PM
Bigfoot brings gifts home? Like what? Huge stones? XD
My very first time playing one, so I don't really know much about them, and I don't think I'm falling in love with them...
I have a similar feeling with the servos, they are too "easy" in some weird sense.

Romancemod is great, I've tried some mods that removed the whole jealousy aspect and they were a bit more boring, but this one is kinda neat.

Roger and J'Kepp indeed have a full house, although none of them actually wanted a large family - the twins were an accident (aka abduction) and Jess and James were born to please the grandparents. Who are the ones paying the bills anyway :D

I've just finished another rotation, I hope to post about it soon!

I have played a couple of Families with a Bigfoot in them and Bigfoot frequently brings something home.

I like to have a Bigfoot in one of my Sim's Family every so often. Me I love Servos especially after I learned to turn them into human looking Androids, though I limit how many I have in the game. There is a mod that changes how many Skills Bigfoot has, you might like that better.

Edit: Oh and I am looking forward to your post on your most recent rotation @Amura

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#134 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 5:30 PM
Btw @simsample, I've just seen your Bluehaven hood - it's really beautiful.
Wanted to ask: is it a populated hood or an empty one?

Thanks! It's empty.
Scholar
Original Poster
#135 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 5:35 PM
Oh, that mod sounds like a great idea. It's not here at MTS, right? Didn't find it... Got a link by any chance?
I might in fact edit this current bigfoot so he has lower skill levels, he's just too perfect to be true :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#136 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Thanks! It's empty.

Good. I might - eventually - give it a try, it is so beautiful and I lack the time to build and design hoods right now.

Is it still under testing? Or have you uploaded a final version somewhere?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#137 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 6:13 PM
Well, my daughter and I have both played it extensively, and others have reported to me that they haven't found anything wrong with it, but I've been too lazy/busy/distracted to upload it properly.

ETA: The bigfoot mod is here:
http://sims.jfade.com/index.php?category=1&subcat=2
Scholar
Original Poster
#138 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 6:38 PM
Default Rotation #08d
Okay, here I go with the rotation summary.

Vradia Zadra finally bought a house.
He does not like loneliness and - as expected - asked his son Arvian to move in with him.

Having Arvian around is nice, but still he feels so lonely sometimes.
He met Sophie Walker, his former door-to-door neighbour, also a widow. And, well, feelings that did not expected appeared all of a sudden.

On the other hand Arvian is a flirt and never minds about dating a girl... or two.
He was out at night. In the club he met Kay and gave her a friendly kiss or two, then he went ahead and flirted with LaShawn (who met in a blind date Kay had set up in the previous rotation). Had a great time, although some of the guys around thought he was nuts XD

Rivia is Vradia's second child. And has just made him a grandparent!
Little Daniella Lowe was just born - and she looks absolutely human. Looking forward seeing her grow up, wondering if she'll be as beautiful as her mom.

Also Derrick (Rivia's husband, Daniella's father) has just grown up.
Now that he's an elder and a father, will he finally get serious and stop flirting every time he has a chance?

More babies were born!
One of them was Lack Walker, first daughter of Christian (hence Sophie's grandchild) and Klaav (hence Lorna's and Vaklin's grandchild).

Christian's twin Marjorie also gave birth in this rotation, first girl after giving birth to three boys.
She has alien features (yay!) because her father is a pure breed alien.

This family has double celebration because Karnnh just became a toddler, and the entire Walker family was invited to celebrate.

Roger Walker and his wife J'Kepp also have a toddler and threw a birthday party - little James is such a cutie!

In the meantime Eleanor Walker keeps meeting men, befriending them and eventually seducing them. Her social life is so intense!

Let's see what the younger ones are at.
In college Prid White-Entayta is enjoying her time indeed, lately she's been dating Professor Christopher.

Kliive Gorge just moved into college (haven't been played yet so no pics), and will be Prid's roommate.
Kliive is Vilkaa's son (and also late James Walker's, although this is not public) but he's grown up in as one more of the Entayta-Gorge children.
Prod Entayta was not the most caring of parents but he was not unkind either, and they all will miss him now that he's gone.
After Prod's death and Kliive leaving for college, the family apartment seems kinda empty... specially because Disarp and Vrodde are mostly busy with adolescent love :lovestruc
Disarp is in love with Jappung Daeli-Jobs (daughter of J'Kepp).

And Vrodde developed feelings for Aryana Baker.

And this all about the sentimental life of my Sims.
I'll just finish with a picture of a burglar stealing Haern Dukrarn's car! Damn!

Scholar
Original Poster
#139 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Well, my daughter and I have both played it extensively, and others have reported to me that they haven't found anything wrong with it, but I've been too lazy/busy/distracted to upload it properly.

ETA: The bigfoot mod is here:
http://sims.jfade.com/index.php?category=1&subcat=2

No wonder, it must be a lot of work uploading such a huge work.
I mean, I'm too lazy to even upload a single building, a whole hood seems soooo much!

Thanks, I'll be downloading it right away.
Top Secret Researcher
#140 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 9:44 AM
@Amura
Great Post. I noticed that you had some births and some birthday parties, cool.

Lots of Aliens and a new Alien baby, quite cool. I love the pictures they were great.

Looking forward to the next rotation.

Scholar
Original Poster
#141 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 6:05 PM
Yeah, I like having birthday parties and invite the whole family - so I make sure the kids know their grandparents and other relatives.
But lately I'm having quite "bad" parties because the kid grows up automatically - not using the cake - and that does not count towards being a "birthday party"

Yeah, one little green one.
Not much luck with the next generation, though, so far my hybrids tend to have human offspring.
Top Secret Researcher
#142 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 4:21 AM
Yeah, I like having birthday parties and invite the whole family - so I make sure the kids know their grandparents and other relatives.
But lately I'm having quite "bad" parties because the kid grows up automatically - not using the cake - and that does not count towards being a "birthday party"

Yeah, one little green one.
Not much luck with the next generation, though, so far my hybrids tend to have human offspring.

A Human and a Hybrid would have a 50% chance I think of having a baby with Alien Skin. With a separate 50% chance of Alien Eyes.

For Birthday Parties, you sort of have to keep track of when they age up. Simlogical has an object mod that is called "Days Left" it is a shrub that displays how many days are left for Sims and Pets, very handy it is.

Scholar
Original Poster
#143 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 7:47 AM
I always keep an eye on "days left".
I think that sort of object is useful if you want to know about elders (which I don't), everyone else you can just check in their bars.

My problem is that I don't want to grow them up before 18:00 (because at that our the counter will move, as if they had lived a full day, and de-sync my game) but after that hour you must direct them quickly to the bday cake, or they might simply grow up on their own.
I'm trying to throw parties for their bdays (specially the little ones, so they meet their relatives) and they are all growing up before they go to the cake, hence having awful parties.
I guess my micro-managing skills are rusty XD

Yep, I know about the chance...
In my game human+hybrid couples had 4 babies. All of them absolutely human.
Such an streak of human skin has only a 6'25% chance! (50% four times), same goes for eyes, and having both combined goes down to about 4%.
Not impossible, but damn it, bad luck.

Good thing is that the hybrid+hybrid couples have a higher chance of alien babies, and I already have one (Ray & Vivian).
Also the Entayta Gorge kids are both pure alien, since both their parents were, and there is a chance that J'Kepp twins from abduction also are pure alien (I could check but I prefer being surprised).
Scholar
Original Poster
#144 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 7:00 PM
Default #08e
Holidays for me, playing time for my Sims :D

Let's start with college students.
Kliive Gorge has just passed his first semester with great grades, no wonder because he's always been a great student.

He is sharing a house with Prid White-Entayta, who used to be his highschool sweetheart... but now she's more interested in Prof. Walton.
(Kliive is cool, doesn't seem heartbroken at all, I guess it's been a while since Prid moved into college and he's already over it.)

In the meantime Kliive's family left their rented apartment and bought a new house.
His mom and his two half-brothers live in a quite large house now, and also adopted a big dog (first pet in this hood!)

Trod keeps dating Prid's younger sister Priss, while Vrodde is involved with Aryana Baker.

Also Prid and Priss brother, Disarp, keeps dating Jappung Daeli-Jobs... and have just decided to go steady.

Teens are not the ones who are into flirting.
Take for example Derrick Lowe. His wife Rivia recently got a job and on his day off he stayed at home taking care of their baby... Or so he said.
Actually he spent his time flirting with K'Mepp. Not enough drama? Well, it all happened in front of Rivia's sister. Yep.

Also Eleanor Walker keeps living her bacherolette life, and enjoying a good date or two :D

Others are settling though. Laern Durant-Dukrarn used to be a flirt, but after her father died she took her mother's advice and engaged to Alon Raymond. Now it was time for the last step: getting married.
So they made over the backyard, and spent their last pennies in arranging it properly for the wedding.

The party was quite nice, some unexpected slapping here and there (people drinks too much?) which lead to Vilma not loving Destry anymore, but overall nice.

Alon dedided to give up college for love and move in with Laern and her mother after they got married.
We'll see how they fare.

We had some other celebrations such as birthday parties.
This is the first picture is of little Lack Walker.

And these are her cousins Sannhim and Ann Dukrarn-Walker.

Another cousin, Jess Walker, is now a teen. I love that she inherited her grandma's eyebrows, I was very fond of that feature when I created Carol.

And more teenagers, this is Tristam Freeman, the youngest of the three Freeman boys and the most handsome one imho.

And these are Celeste and Brody Mace, Chloe and late Ricky Mace twins.

Also Ray Mayhew and his wife Vivian were a bit tight so she decided to get a job - unluckily no position in her dreamt career was avaliable.
But then something magical happened - a genie, and a wish for wealth that brought an unexpected amount of cash.
(Now they are considering having a baby, I think I heard chimes but no belly so far.)

And I'm finishing this story with some sad news: Two Sims died of old age.

One was Caryl Walker, Charles' wife.
Now he's in charge of the elders home on his own, with his mother's help. (No pics, sorry.)

My beloved Steve Palmer, the most-married guy, also died.
Leaves behind a wife (which had been angry with him half of the time) and a teen daughter - who now inherits the propierty of the only cemetery in this hood.

Bye, pixels, it was a pleasure playing you!
Top Secret Researcher
#145 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 9:34 PM
I enjoyed looking at the pics and reading about your Sims. It looks like they are doing pretty well. :lovestruc

It is sad when some of your Sims pass on from old age.

I get very attached to some of mine and I won’t let them go easily.

{typed with my chief lap kitty in my lap wanting me to pet him}

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#146 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 1:16 AM
Wow, lucky Vivian! Where can I get a real-life Genie?

I think Jess is my favourite so far- lovely pictures, @Amura ! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#147 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 10:07 PM
Great update -- it was nice to catch up on what's going on in your neighborhood, and it's always fun to see the babies!
Scholar
Original Poster
#148 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 3:16 PM
Thank you everyone

@lordtyger9:
Yes, it's kinda sad when some of them die. Specially those who added so much interest to story.
Some of them who are a bit more blah, well, they may have very boring final days and I'm looking forward not playing them anymore - although I'm uncapable of not playing them or simply killing them, it's not my style at all.

@simsample:
My Sims tend to focus on their fave hobby, and every now and then the matchmaker brings the lamp. Often used for money, so I consider it some sort of lottery.
But if I could find one genie I would be too greedy to share :p

Thanks for the compliment, considering your wonderful pics it's very kind of you.
(I don't think I have ever posted in your thread, although I peek sometimes.)
Scholar
Original Poster
#149 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 11:20 PM
Default Rotation #08f
Finally finished another rotation.
I don't have a lot of leisure time right now so I did not feel like making the summary pics (only wrote down the names of the newborn and Sim who grew up).
So let's begin with those.

Ray and Vivian Mayhew had twins! Yes, two baby girls - and both of them have alien skins, ain't it cool?
Vivian thought that if she had a girl she would like to name her Callista, after her mother, but since they had two it seemed unkind favouring one. So names are Tina and Celia.

One of their cousins, Daniella Lowe (daughter of Derrick Lowe and Vivian's older sister Rivia) celebrated her birthday on this ocassion.
She is now an adorable toddler, and seems to me she's gonna grow into a beautiful woman as her mother.

Btw now that Rivia started to work Derrick finds himself with lots of time on his hands.
Well, he is supposed to be taking care of the little one but she's an angel and does not give a lot of work, so, well, why not dating... someone else? Or even several someones!

The rest of the Zadra-Atkins family keeps going on as normal.
Arvian is happy living with his father and young Vilma lives on her own while she seeks a chance to find the job of her dreams.
Uneventful but fine.

And Ray Mayhew's mother, Lorna Mayhew, moved into a new home (they finally afforded one!) with her husband Vaklin.

More birthdays!
Melania Smithers, only child of Martha and Donte Smithers, is now a child.

And a different sort of celebration: Chloe married for the third time - to a Serdar Gregory, and now she has become Chloe Gregory.
Her maiden name was Hunicke but it has been long forgotten, for she married Steve Palmer (it did not last) and also Ricky Mace (father of her three children).
The party was quite, well, exciting. There were a few fights and they felt forced to dismiss some of the guests... but it turned out pretty well.
Now we'll see if Serdar gets along with those three teenagers...

Talking about teenagers. I sense a potential drama within this generation.
They all seem to get along very well, they often visit others and stay for dinner - in the picture Disarp the night before going to college, with his mother and some friends.

But there are also quite a bit of dates and crushes...
Here is Lucy Palmer with Vrodde Entayta-Gorge. Love is in the air, as you can see.

Here is Lucy Palmer again, now with Cassius Freeman. And they have just gone steady!

Cassius youngest brother, Tristam, also does not seem to have made his mind yet. To get started he has a crush on Jess Walker.

But he also had a nice date with some townie named Caryl Bui. Which ended in a crush too.

So I'm expecting more trouble from them.
But, you never know, I've been expecting trouble with Eleanor Walker forever, and she keeps managing to flirt with plenty of men without much slapping. Lucky girl.

And now about those who believe in true love.
Prid White-Entayta is now engaged to Prof. Christofer Walton. (Yes, she bought the outfit for the ocassion, wanted to look mature on his eyes.)
She lives with her highschool sweetheart Kliive (still friends) and now her brother Disarp also moved into college - but she is about to graduate.

Also the Dukrarn-Walker family.
With two children and two toddlers, they have plenty on their plate. But, you see, they still want a larger family - and they keep trying.

Let's finish this story with Tracy Long who moved into the Heritage Manor Residence, run by Charles Walker and his mother Sophie.

Top Secret Researcher
#150 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 1:59 AM
I love it when I have Alien skinned babies born to Alien hybrids, and so I am glad that you had two Alien skinned twin baby girls.

It looks like your sims are doing well.

That couple that wants to have more babies, is either of them Family Aspiration?

I have one couple in the household that I am currently playing that are both Family. The woman wants 10 kids and I am going to see that she gets them somehow. Her husband is old and is likely to pass before her want is fullfilled, so I am thinking that she is going to be getting pregnant either by Alien Abduction or by one of the Alien Hybrids that she might meet.

You have any babies from Alien Abduction? I have several, besides the one that Strangetown starts with, I have 2 along with another 2 that have not been born yet.

Page 6 of 12