Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 9:00 PM
Default WCIF - Genie look-a-like
I've searched, believe me, but does anyone have a Sim that looks like the genie - you know, with legs and all? I just want him to be revealed to be a regular guy - kind of a cheap circus act for a gypsy plot, so I'm hoping someone has made that fairly easy and I won't have to search for genie skin and eyes and turban and all.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 9:32 PM
not sure, but Genie's content might be able to be unlocked through the Skins package file of Freetime. extract the resources then do "Add" to a new file. on the resources that have a "flags" line, change the last digit of that line to an even value (0,2,4,6,8,a,c,e). afterward save the new file as "Skins".

or there is a download on this site that can make copies of characters; I think "cloner" is in its name. made by Christianlov.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
The best i can get you is a Sim with his original purple face, facepaint, beard, and hat. His hands will be a normal skintone as well since his purple skin doesn't cover the whole body, but rather just the face. I stuck a nice purple base-game suit on him so as long as you have FT + the base game he should work fine. I safely cloned him and all that. If anyone could tell me how to attach files to posts (I've seen people do this here), please say how and I'll do that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/30f3ycnk8...idlock.zip?dl=1

Oh, that's a fabulous start, @frogz2007! He's only playing a genie, so surely, right after work, he'd wash his hands, right? Thank you very much. I didn't think he'd be clonable at all because I thought he wasn't really a Sim. I guess that's wrong. How did you do it?

@mdsb759, good suggestions, I'll look into those. Thank you. Now I just gotta find the costume he would wear to work.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 12:02 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 9th Feb 2018 at 7:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
Well, all of the so-called "object NPC's" are Sims inside and out. it's just that they aren't coded to be playable like normal Sims are.

I'd mention how I did it, though I'd feel bad if a novice user would end up messing their game up if they tried what I did (I don't see how anything could get messed up, but you never know with this game.. lol).

Well, I will die curious, but that's fine. I appreciate that you did. He's in my game and wreaking havok most appropriately. Thanks again!

After frogz2007 got me started, I was able to SimPE and CC him properly. He's looking pretty good now. He's a gypsy/traveling show/con artist type pretending to be a genie in my game.
Gene Vadoma