Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 3:56 PM
Default WCIF mod to pick clothes on birthday?
I vaguely recall a mod that let me pick the clothes a sim would age transition into.
Or was that game behavior in later EPs? Or am I imagining things???
It's been years and I can't find it. Thanks for any help.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 4:00 PM
Pescado's Clothing Tool, perhaps?
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 1:41 AM
@dharden - I know it lets me change clothes whenever, but will it let me choose clothes during birthday transition instead of getting random clothes? Sorry, haven't had a sim age up yet. Maybe I need a test lot with InSim...

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 8:47 AM
No it won't. You have to buy it and choose get new clothes.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 9:10 AM
Nothing can stop the maxis fug, nothing. *plays ominous music* You have to do it once they have aged up into that see through granny top or other monstrosity.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 11:13 AM
I *think* its the clothing tool allows you to pick clothes upon a sim graduating, just before they get into the car. The description reads:

Quote:
... gives you one last shot to plan your outfits before returning home from college (if global override hook included in zip is installed) so that your sims do not return to the family bin looking like hobos!

I've seen it in action on holesoulsims' livestreams on Twitch. It's pretty darn cool.

(inactive) Simblr | Blog
Theorist
#7 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 12:52 PM
I think Pes' clothing tool doesn't work for every age.
I just had teen twins turn into adults and I was able to pick new clothes for them.
I also had baby twins who turn into toddlers and I had to do it manually.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 2:56 PM
The clothing tool will give you the option to pick clothes on age up as long as you've already bought it and placed it on the lot, although it's not 100% reliable.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 11:22 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 12th Feb 2018 at 12:24 AM. Reason: dratted typos!
It can actually be a bad idea to pre-place it though. If you have more than one sim aging up on the same day, the Clothing Tool has been known to get confused as to which sim gets which clothes. I've seen posts where a male and female sim aged up on the same day and the Clothing Tool ended up giving them each other's clothing and body meshes. The best thing to do is let the sims age up into whatever the game picks for them and THEN buy the Clothing Tool to fix the mess.