Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 2:21 PM
Default WCIF: Leather Jackets
These leather jackets. http://thebigtradeoff.livejournal.c...=644473#t644473

Mediafire ate the files.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 3:14 PM
I made them, but for children only male & female, as top.
I only used one color of the jacket, as I did not like the others. But it is easy to make recolors, using the other textures.
I also made it into an outfit for female child.
Let me know if you'd like them..if ever you cannot find whatchoo looking for or else.
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Theorist
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 10:45 PM
Charity, those particular jackets by Skell have new download links, and can be found here http://ts2repositoryproject.tumblr....-cocomas-cuampu.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 12:30 AM
Thanks!

And I do like that female child outfit.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 9:18 AM
Now that you found all the Jackets you wanted, you might be interested in the bottom only version of that outfit instead...? lol
I made all this long ago, before I even considered to share anything, so there is no fat morph as my children never get fat. Let me know if you'd like the bottom, the outfit or what, I can upload to my SFS.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
Charity, those particular jackets by Skell have new download links, and can be found here http://ts2repositoryproject.tumblr....-cocomas-cuampu.

Oh cool! I love repository stuff! But I already have Cocoma’s CU/AM/PU conversions, so would I have to remove those in order to put Skell's Greaser Jacket Completer in?
Also, I just realize that the jackets are best as outerwear...and these separated tops might actually be categorized as outerwear, but I don't have much in the way of outerwear bottoms. Ah well.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 11:34 PM
I thought this was the answer to my dreams, but I'm afraid it's more problematic than I thought. I tried looking at them in Wardrobe Wrangler, and, of the ones that showed up, tr-NL-Skell-umTopGreaser.package is categorized as activewear and outerwear, and tr-NL-Trapping-ufTopGreaser.package is categorized as activewear, outerwear and maternity! As these all show as Maxis objects without the CC star, they are all effectively townified, and are therefore liable to show up on new Sims of all types, and on Sims aging up. This means I'll have to have townified CC bottoms in these categories, and for all ages that are likely to be affected. Moreover I'll need at least one townified CC bottom for adult females, with a pregnancy morph and categorized as maternity. Otherwise I'm afraid my next pregnant Sim will appear with a leather jacket on top but invisible below the waist.

I think my best option might be to make copies of the ones I want in Body Shop, and then remove the recolours I've just downloaded. I presume my own copies will use the meshes supplied, but show the CC star. I do wish people making CC clothes would leave the CC star in place, even if their creation is closely based on a Maxis item. Then I can decide what I do and don't want townified.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 1:45 AM
Damn, looks like I might have to uncategorise them from outerwear with the Wardrobe Wrangler. I think I have Cocomama's stuff too. Oh well, my Downloads folder needs an overhaul. DX

And yeah, I would be interested in that skirt if you want to share it.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 2:27 AM
I don't think you can edit it in Wardrobe Wrangler because it's greyed out, but I think I can edit it in SimPE now I've had a look at the files. If you'd rather do it yourself, the key is that wonderful tutorial by Almighty Hat about using SimPE on Body Shop items. You can see the tutorial here!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 9:10 AM
Here, have a skirt.
http://simfileshare.net/download/440897/

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 11:42 AM
Thanks!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 2:47 PM
Default Separate Tops with Additional Categories Removed
I have made edited versions of the separate tops with the categories Activewear (Athletic), Outerwear and Maternity removed. I've shared them on Sim File Share here. To use them simply use my files tr-NL-Skell-umTopGreaser.package and tr-NL-Trapping-ufTopGreaser.package to replace those files from the download linked to by PenelopeT in post #3 above. I have tested them in CAS, and they all appear to work properly. Please let me know if you experience any problems.

My versions should help anyone concerned with the possible problems I mentioned in my post #7, of not having any townie-enabled separate bottoms in any of the affected additional categories. With hindsight my initial reaction was a bit OTT. I had never edited a package containing more than one item of clothing before, but in practice it was much easier than I feared. Each item has its own Property Set and in each Property Set I just had to edit the Category to Hex 0x00000007, which means Casual (or Everyday). Almighty Hat explains it all in that tutorial I linked to before. (Post #9)

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Theorist
#13 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Oh cool! I love repository stuff! But I already have Cocoma’s CU/AM/PU conversions, so would I have to remove those in order to put Skell's Greaser Jacket Completer in?
Also, I just realize that the jackets are best as outerwear...and these separated tops might actually be categorized as outerwear, but I don't have much in the way of outerwear bottoms. Ah well.

Skell, has a FAQ about the repository project here http://ts2repositoryproject.tumblr.com/introduction.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 12:55 AM Last edited by Charity : 6th Feb 2018 at 2:33 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I have made edited versions of the separate tops with the categories Activewear (Athletic), Outerwear and Maternity removed. I've shared them on Sim File Share here. To use them simply use my files tr-NL-Skell-umTopGreaser.package and tr-NL-Trapping-ufTopGreaser.package to replace those files from the download linked to by PenelopeT in post #3 above. I have tested them in CAS, and they all appear to work properly. Please let me know if you experience any problems.

My versions should help anyone concerned with the possible problems I mentioned in my post #7, of not having any townie-enabled separate bottoms in any of the affected additional categories. With hindsight my initial reaction was a bit OTT. I had never edited a package containing more than one item of clothing before, but in practice it was much easier than I feared. Each item has its own Property Set and in each Property Set I just had to edit the Category to Hex 0x00000007, which means Casual (or Everyday). Almighty Hat explains it all in that tutorial I linked to before. (Post #9)

Do the edited versions show up with the CC star?
Mad Poster
#15 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Do the edited version show up with the CC star?
No, but I think I could probably make them if I tried. Would you like me to have a go?

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
No, but I think I could probably make them if I tried. Would you like me to have a go?

Ah no, don't worry. Was just wondering. Thanks!
Mad Poster
#17 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 11:29 AM
I succeeded in getting the CC star instead of the Nightlife icon, by editing the Creator setting in each Property Set, and changing it from 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 to a another valid string. (All the zeroes means it's a Maxis item; any other value means it's CC.) I got a valid string by just opening something I'd made myself in SavedSims, and copying it to the leather jacket. Again Almighty Hat explains it all in that tutorial I keep referring to. (See my post #9 above.)

However I'm a bit reluctant to share it because of another possible problem. I don't fully understand how the repository concept works, but it seems probable to me that the textures for these jackets are slaved from the Maxis full body teen outfit. I am afraid that, if these items have the CC star, deleting one of them might also delete (or try to delete) the Maxis item on which it's based. If this is definitely not the case, I'll be happy to share them with the CC star, but, in the absence of such an assurance, I feel it's safer just to leave it as it is, and leave it up to anyone else to decide if they're willing to take the (possibly quite considerable) risk.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!