Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 11:04 PM
Default WCIF The lots made by "compdude512" shown on his/her YT channel?
I've been searching everywhere for these lots. There is no link in the YT description nor any comments stating whether they are even available for DL. Thought maybe someone here on MTS might know?

Here is the link to the Sims 2 playlist on their YT channel.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?li...777BC3747AC0681

PS- I have sent a PM to the YT channel owner, but have not yet heard anything back. I don't know if they are even active anymore on YT.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 11:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jtf04240
I've been searching everywhere for these lots. There is no link in the YT description nor any comments stating whether they are even available for DL. Thought maybe someone here on MTS might know?

Here is the link to the Sims 2 playlist on their YT channel.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?li...777BC3747AC0681

PS- I have sent a PM to the YT channel owner, but have not yet heard anything back. I don't know if they are even active anymore on YT.

He has a link to a FB page that looks to be fairly well updated. Maybe you can find something there?

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 4:28 AM
Not sure where you found that link, the only FB link I found on the page leads to a FB page that only has a few posts per year.

I'm guessing that none of those lots are likely even available for download anywhere. Which really stinks cause they look awesome.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 6:10 AM
They are very simple lots, no reason you couldn't recreate those. Maybe do a WCIF for the CC.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#5 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
They are very simple lots, no reason you couldn't recreate those. Maybe do a WCIF for the CC.

Some of them might be a bit tricky because most of them have custom walls on the outside.
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 9:34 PM
It's been a while since this thread was posted. If it's fine for me to go ahead and answer some of the questions posted here, I'd be happy to do so!

Aside from their presence on YouTube and Flickr, these lots are not available for download. In the past, I've attempted to upload them here and had them rejected by the moderation team. A couple years ago, I reconsidered sharing some of my lots by uploading them to my own server. In the process, I thought of the many combinations of games everyone would have and the issues that may arise from such combinations and decided against it. Another issue concerns many of the custom objects I've used in each of these builds. I'd want to give each and every creator credit, but I'm not sure of the sources on many objects. Some of them even came from websites that no longer exist. That opens up another problem--if I'm not sure where a custom object came from, I'm also not sure if the creator would allow me to distribute it within a lot.

All that aside, I have minimal time to dedicate to playing these days due to several family emergencies that have happened over the last year. For that reason, I also wouldn't have time to provide support on the off chance that something packaged with a lot decided to break someone's game. I haven't experienced such a thing on my end, but you know how computers tend to be. What might work on my computer may make someone else's computer extremely unhappy.

I have heard from a LOT of you regarding these lots and have had tons of positive feedback. For all that, I would like to express my gratitude to the community. I've enjoyed your objects and lots over the years, and I'm glad a few of you have enjoyed mine!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 9:50 PM
YouTube videos have all gone.

The CC would be one major reason for the lot to get sent back, at MTS you need to be able to show direct links to CC and the creator needs to have a Free TOU.

Dead websites are fine if you know the name of the site or creator you simply say (dead site) we do not want dead links since they can have viruses.

If there are any lots you would like to upload use Creator feedback first to get help before submitting. We would be happy to help and give you pointers to following the guidelines. The lot guidelines were loosened up about 2 years ago. So long as your lots have some shape, some garden and a decent roof. Less cc is good though since we have to check each and every link.

The combination of games is not a worry. Most people have all EP and Sp's these days due to the UC and many of us have all disks.

If sims had been in your lots though is a concern. We know now not to share lots that have had sims move in even to test. Only these are old lots so there is a high chance of that. Unless you know for sure that you kept clean copies they would need to be cleaned out in SimPE first.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~