Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 10:26 AM
Default Creating Custom Sim Interactions?
Alright. I'm back. For the fourty second and a half time.

This time I want to create my own custom interaction when talking with sims. i.e. cloning the Talk interaction and renaming it to Ask about Day. This might not exactly be what I want to do, but just cloning interactions, renaming them and having both in a menu at once. Anyone with a suggestion or guide here?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 11:04 AM
Sure, try here.
http://modthesims.info/t/142907

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 12:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Sure, try here.
http://modthesims.info/t/142907

I've tried that before... With interactions with Sims it seems to vary a bit.

Hello? Nice to meet you. I'm a rather small Sims 2 modder that well, mods (And seems to post a lot on the forums with seemingly with a lot of posts. Or maybe just around 60 but who cares idk how to count well actually I do but that's a story for myself.)

Check out my creations Here!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 4:59 PM
You need a social mod. Try looking at this one: http://modthesims.info/d/258224

Whenever you make it however, make certain to zero out the fallback guid. To not do so creates the super duper hug.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
You need a social mod. Try looking at this one: http://modthesims.info/d/258224

Whenever you make it however, make certain to zero out the fallback guid. To not do so creates the super duper hug.

¿Qué?

Well, I don't know about wands and well, neither do I know about social mods. (Or Spanish)

Can someone provide nice detailed instructions?

Hello? Nice to meet you. I'm a rather small Sims 2 modder that well, mods (And seems to post a lot on the forums with seemingly with a lot of posts. Or maybe just around 60 but who cares idk how to count well actually I do but that's a story for myself.)

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#6 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 4:40 AM
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=208885 but use the social mod from the sorcery package as the basis for the one you clone from, as it is already fixed up from the social download test (which is what creates the super duper hug if you don't zero out the fallback guid)
Alchemist
#7 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 11:57 PM Last edited by omglo : 31st Jan 2018 at 1:19 AM.
http://modthesims.info/t/547973 - follow the links in Maybesomethingdunno's post. Forgive me, but I'm going to go into a bit more detail in case it helps. As Gdayars said, download the sorcery mod and clone the echo_magicwand_spellset. Its fallback guid has not been changed, so you'll want to either want to change it to zero, or change it to the new GUID generated when you click the "get GUID" button. Social mods come in two parts: 1. the plugin (which adds an interaction to the Sim's pie menu), and 2. the social object (the invisible object that makes Sims interact with each other).

Clone the spellset (which is the plugin). The BHAVs you need from that package are:
1. Function - Init
2. Function - Main
3. CT - Object Menu Command
4. CT - Object Menu
5. Social - Launch Social
There are animation strings, a TTAB and a TTA in this, which you don't need unless you're doing a self interaction. There's also a text list called MakeActionString prim string set. This is where you put the lines for your new pie menu options.

CT - Object Menu is the guardian to include/exclude certain Sims from the interaction. CT - Object Menu Command is the thing that creates the social object. Obviously you'll edit those. Let us know if you need help with that. This mod was made before pets came out, and it doesn't have lines to exclude them. You have to add that to your guardian for the pets version of the mod or your mod will error for people using the controlpets cheat.

You can either clone the social object from the sorcery set or clone one from the game. Since you're just starting out, open the socialobject from the sorcery set to see how it links to the plugin and chooses which interactions to push.

Take the GUID of your new social object and put it in the "Create New Object Instance" line in the CT - Object Menu command. Open your social object and edit in your animations, pie menu strings and interaction results.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 10:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
http://modthesims.info/t/547973 - follow the links in Maybesomethingdunno's post. Forgive me, but I'm going to go into a bit more detail in case it helps. As Gdayars said, download the sorcery mod and clone the echo_magicwand_spellset. Its fallback guid has not been changed, so you'll want to either want to change it to zero, or change it to the new GUID generated when you click the "get GUID" button. Social mods come in two parts: 1. the plugin (which adds an interaction to the Sim's pie menu), and 2. the social object (the invisible object that makes Sims interact with each other).

Clone the spellset (which is the plugin). The BHAVs you need from that package are:
1. Function - Init
2. Function - Main
3. CT - Object Menu Command
4. CT - Object Menu
5. Social - Launch Social
There are animation strings, a TTAB and a TTA in this, which you don't need unless you're doing a self interaction. There's also a text list called MakeActionString prim string set. This is where you put the lines for your new pie menu options.

CT - Object Menu is the guardian to include/exclude certain Sims from the interaction. CT - Object Menu Command is the thing that creates the social object. Obviously you'll edit those. Let us know if you need help with that. This mod was made before pets came out, and it doesn't have lines to exclude them. You have to add that to your guardian for the pets version of the mod or your mod will error for people using the controlpets cheat.

You can either clone the social object from the sorcery set or clone one from the game. Since you're just starting out, open the socialobject from the sorcery set to see how it links to the plugin and chooses which interactions to push.

Take the GUID of your new social object and put it in the "Create New Object Instance" line in the CT - Object Menu command. Open your social object and edit in your animations, pie menu strings and interaction results.

¿Qué?
Sorry, this is all flying over my head. I don't have much prior experience with BHAVs so bare with me here. All I really want to do for now is clone the Talk interaction, change the GUID and Group so it doesn't override anything (Which I can do), add the interaction name to the String set and link everything up.

Baby Steps.

Please?

just a girl
#9 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 1:52 PM
If you don't want it to override anything, you are going to have to make social plugin with all those BHAVs. The reason is that you want your interaction to appear on sim's menu, right? In order to achieve that you either add it to an existing sim's menu (which you already familiar with) or create so called social plugin. The first is very NOT recommended, because you can only have one override of the sim's menu. If everyone added their interactions there, we would have to choose only one mod out of all. But we can have lots and lots of custom interactions - thanks to social plugins.