Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2005 at 3:15 PM
Default Yup, I've lost it.
I don't know what came over me, but I was planning on building a simple starter house with one floor and all the sudden I wanted to make a house that looked like a tree. Then I started picturing the night light I used to have as a child, which was a smiling tree that lit up from the inside, and the next thing I knew I made a sort of replica.

This is unfinished and could probably use some work on the stairway positioning, but I've gotten the first two floors planned out. It's not a big house but it's a tall one, and I'm going to test the pond with a guinea pig sim to make sure I made it swimmable (I didn't look up any tutorials, just played with the landscaping/water tools until I got some spots right to use the "move_objects on" cheat for the ladder and diving board. Hopefully I did it right and haven't created a drowning pool.

Yes, the house is grinning. You aren't imagining it. I'm going to work on making it look like it has at least one branch sticking out on either side, like arms...lol. Feel free to offer suggestions. *by the by, I didn't use only my own custom design content. None of the custom terrain is mine, some of the wallpaper isn't mine and some of the flooring isn't mine.

Details: living room/kitchen/dining room and one bathroom on first floor, master bedroom and another bathroom on the second, third floor is wallpapered and tiled but otherwise bare, same for all other floors. The third floor is meant to be used as a study and the fourth is meant to be used as an activity/recreation room, but I left them open (no individual rooms) so that the top floors could be changed to suit the type of sim that moves in. All basic plumbing and cooking utilities are furnished, but no furniture or interior decorating.

If anyone is interested in playtesting this lot, you can dl the package file from the sims2.com (I tried to upload it directly here but it didn't want to cooperate with me). Demented Treehouse
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd May 2005 at 3:40 PM
That is so great! It's smiling.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 2nd May 2005 at 4:23 PM
That is v. good.
#4 Old 2nd May 2005 at 4:34 PM
thats pretty kewl...good work!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd May 2005 at 7:30 AM
Well, come to find out I can't make a pond swimmable just by changing the land a bit and using an object moving cheat. I found a tutorial on altering pools to look like ponds and tried that, but I couldn't get the land to cooperate with me so I just left the pond and deleted the diving board and ladder. When I have more time I'll try to build a swimmable pond on the lot.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies