Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 9:57 PM
Default s3pe, CASP and Grid option
Someone asked me if I could create an override mod that hides all the ignorant CAS parts. There are a few mods done up by hgirl2k but not really what we are looking for. I already knew which files to look for but when I try to look into the CASP resources in S3PE it doesn't give me a chance to select the Grid option. I have tried to find anything out on this I can from doing searches to no avail. Does anyone know what might be the problem I am having? Would love some help on this if anyone has any info.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 8:36 PM
What happens if you click the CASP resource? As in, the window right next to it where bunch of text should appear. If it's throwing you some errors, you might want to redownload S3PE completely and see if that works. If not, it's likely that the item is a store item.
Alchemist
#3 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 11:02 AM
If you're trying to edit Store items, run the sims3packs through S3RC first, then convert them to packages. I don't 100% understand what it does, but I do know that not running Store content through S3RC has lead to errors in both S3PE and TSRW when I tried to edit said files.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 1:27 AM
Not trying to edit store items. Trying to make changes to items in the caspart catalogue. I have never messed with these resources before and did some research first. When opening the file with the cas parts I am apparently supposed to be able to click grid where it says Hex preview grid. It won't allow it. It's a new install and I cannot figure it out. Just hoping someone might have an idea. If not, no biggie.
Alchemist
#5 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 6:09 AM
Do you have the framework installed as well? http://www.simlogical.com/s3pe.htm

Edit: oh, and do you have the "Do not parse" box checked? If so, uncheck it.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Do you have the framework installed as well? http://www.simlogical.com/s3pe.htm

Edit: oh, and do you have the "Do not parse" box checked? If so, uncheck it.

That's a great help. I couldn't find anything on this and knew that without someone pointing me to the problem I might not figure it out. I had all but given up. Thank you very much.