Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 1:15 AM
@gazania They meant custom paintings that sims can paint, they go into the painting folder.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 2:38 AM
Scholar
#28 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 8:32 AM
This thread reminded me that ever since I installed the UC I don't have any custom painting (other than the ones shipped with the games, which is funny, having pre-made custom things xD) so it's a good time to google some.

I have just added some colourful ones (I'll go for more serious themes later, it's nice to have some variety to match different artists personality) and I've found these two authors I did not know before.
* Luiza Vizoli : she has some colourful simple landscapes, I like her trees
* Yoko D'Holbachie : she has very strange cute creatures, they are fantastic and weird

Some suggestions on authors?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#29 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 1:24 PM
ooo nice choices Amura - especially Luiza Vizoli. Googling for that I found some lovely flower pictures by Yvonne Coomber.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#30 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Sometimes I see fantastic art sets on tumblr or deviant art from one artist so I resize them and put them into my custom paintings so my artistic sims have a 'syle' and their paintings match.
More or less the same here - and not just from Tumblr or dA.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I like paintings/drawings, not realistic pictures.
Same here as well, though I will add the occasional photo if it's funny enough, like this one.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Link Ninja
#31 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by G-Mon
More or less the same here - and not just from Tumblr or dA.

Where else do you look for image sets if you don't mind me asking? Pinterest?

If I like a photo I might give it some kind of painting filter, and I managed to get a screenshot of my paintings folder.
Screenshots

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#32 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Where else do you look for image sets if you don't mind me asking? Pinterest?
All over, really. Some come just from my regular internet browsing, sometimes digging me into a hole. For example, I might see something interesting/funny while trawling Imgur or another such site, go looking for a source as applicable, and spot some more good pics along the way.

Quote:

Field Researcher
#33 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 10:42 AM
I got a whole bunch of custom painting sets from here: http://calipip-sims.com/category/cu...intings/page/3/
Scholar
#34 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
ooo nice choices Amura - especially Luiza Vizoli. Googling for that I found some lovely flower pictures by Yvonne Coomber.

Those are beautiful too! Thanks for sharing!
Mad Poster
#35 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 4:04 PM
Besides what I mentioned before, I forgot I have paintings that have a picture within a picture. I really like these and my artist sims sells more of these than anything else. Just look closely and the wolf pack makes one wolf or the one wolf makes a pack of wolves.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#36 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 8:25 PM
added the pictures I was referring to. this post

am attaching the ones I added.
some came from "Shared Pictures"; the others were installed with Nero.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 9:06 PM
Lots of flowers, and old-fashion (even classic) paintings

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 1:03 AM
Do I have to do anything special in game to get my sims to paint pictures from the paintings folder? I've never seen them paint any of the dogs that are in there already.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jdusk
Do I have to do anything special in game to get my sims to paint pictures from the paintings folder? I've never seen them paint any of the dogs that are in there already.
Well, to start off, you'll need Pets or a later EP. Once a Sim has enough Creativity, 5 points I think, (s)he'll get the option to "Paint Custom Painting". That'll bring up a menu where you can pick which of your custom paintings they'll paint.

Quote:

Lab Assistant
#40 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by G-Mon
Well, to start off, you'll need Pets or a later EP. Once a Sim has enough Creativity, 5 points I think, (s)he'll get the option to "Paint Custom Painting". That'll bring up a menu where you can pick which of your custom paintings they'll paint.

Thanks, I do have Pets but apparently hadn't explored the painting options well enough - I only remembered the custom painting option letting them paint a still life of something onscreen. These custom paintings sound much more useful than a painting of their living room. :D
Mad Poster
#41 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 4:01 PM
Eventually, your choices should be: Paint (a default painting); Paint Custom (a pic from your Paintings folder); Paint Still Life (make an image of somewhere on the lot); Paint Portrait (someone else on lot poses for you).

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#42 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 4:21 PM
so far...wedding portraits of my sims cos im too lazy to remember how to recolor in SimPE ))))))))
Scholar
#43 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 4:41 PM
Currently, nothing extra, but some years ago I did drop a photo of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II into the folder, so as to enable my sims to have a Golden Jubilee Street Party... or was it the Diamond Jubilee?

If I'd thought of it early enough, it would've been an entry into that year's MTS Calendar Contest!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Page 2 of 2