Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 5:05 PM
Default What is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to you while playing?
If there is more than one you cannot pick from, feel free to post them

I’d say for me it was probably one of my sims getting adbucted by aliens the very first time and second he ever used a telescope, no cheats. Boring, yeah.
Or maybe when my sims had twins twice in a row.

22. male. he/him. autistic.
REST IN PEACE JOTARO KUJO. JUNE 2020 - JANUARY 2021.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 5:15 PM
I was trying to mod the menu to let witches have the option to walk to lot, rather than always fly, but I was kinda shooting in the dark. Still, I managed it, my witch walked home from a community lot, yay! Then, in a flash of light, her broom appeared and flew off after her!
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 6:02 PM
My sim died using an elevator and I was shocked as I didn't know that could happen. I rarely install elevators in my sim homes anymore because of this 😅
Scholar
#4 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 6:25 PM
I take it you mean regular things, rather than glitches, since there's another thread for weird glitches? I had two things that confused me for the longest time, both in Strangetown (which figures, I guess!):

Playing the Curious house, I ignored the prompts to call a nanny before Pascal and Laszlo went to work, because Vidcund was home to look after Pascal's baby. Then Vidcund died, as scripted, and the baby was taken by the social worker. It was years before I realized he'd died of starvation, and that I could have avoided it by waking him up and telling him to get something to eat.

The other thing was that Ophelia kept running into Elizabeth's house and slapping her around, for no apparent reason. It wasn't until I found MTS that I realized it was because I'd had Elizabeth flirt with Johnny way back when they were teenagers, not knowing that Johnny and Ophelia were an item. There was only ever that one attempt to flirt, then Elizabeth married General Buzz and Ophelia married her Johnny, but Ophelia was still mad about it even when they were both grandmothers. I think EAxis went a little over the top on the jealousy!
Instructor
#5 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
I take it you mean regular things, rather than glitches, since there's another thread for weird glitches? I had two things that confused me for the longest time, both in Strangetown (which figures, I guess!):

Playing the Curious house, I ignored the prompts to call a nanny before Pascal and Laszlo went to work, because Vidcund was home to look after Pascal's baby. Then Vidcund died, as scripted, and the baby was taken by the social worker. It was years before I realized he'd died of starvation, and that I could have avoided it by waking him up and telling him to get something to eat.

The other thing was that Ophelia kept running into Elizabeth's house and slapping her around, for no apparent reason. It wasn't until I found MTS that I realized it was because I'd had Elizabeth flirt with Johnny way back when they were teenagers, not knowing that Johnny and Ophelia were an item. There was only ever that one attempt to flirt, then Elizabeth married General Buzz and Ophelia married her Johnny, but Ophelia was still mad about it even when they were both grandmothers. I think EAxis went a little over the top on the jealousy!

Vidcund is scripted to die? How come I never noticed it? I always thought he was just scripted to be abducted...?

Sorry for not adding anything to the thread, I'll have to think and see if I remember weird stuff that has happened to me.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 8:05 PM
I never heard he was scripted to die. And I've never had any trouble keeping him alive after that first time. To be fair, I also never played them again without completely remodeling that house so he'd eat in the kitchen instead of dying on the way to the table out front.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#7 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 9:37 PM
not sure of the weirdest event in my game.

about scripted events; a number of them are told in base game's Prima Guide.
one time scripted events; I take they occur within the first day of the pre-made occupied lots.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 9:53 PM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 8th Aug 2018 at 2:57 AM.
Puddles catching fire, two lovers woohooing in a freshly dug grave, a father breastfeeding his newborn son, a Deep Purple song inciting violent tendencies in Sims, my game is a regular fustercluck of bizarre half-glitches and confusing events. I just roll with it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#9 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 10:12 PM
Random sim joined a household at a bowling alley. Dunno how that happened. That sim didn't appear in relationship panel of my playable sim, so two were complete strangers to each other.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 10:49 PM
Quote:
Then Vidcund died, as scripted

@BlueAlien Vidcund is not scripted to die.

As to the question of weird? I think when Coral Bay was brand new and I had no townies yet I would send a sim to a community lot and quite often one of my playables would turn up and then a short time later a copy would turn up, so there would be two. Got to where I kept watch with moveobjects on.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 11:30 PM
Twins twice in a row is weird?
Mad Poster
#12 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 11:32 PM
No, probably the twin token. Or someone likes cheesecake.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Twins twice in a row is weird?

mmmm, maybe not weird... just a shock! ive never had that happen to me before. im ... pretty vanilla when it comes to my playthroughs, haha.. i play things safe. i think its fun.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 3:11 AM
@zystem please don't triple post, it's against site rules. If you can use the edit button on posts that don't need bumping -thanks.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#15 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 2:58 PM
The cow mascot from University once decided to stalk one of my students. She'd show up at least once a day on his lot, usually leaving when her needs dropped too low and coming back shortly after. It impressed me enough to make up a story about the cow and the llama's rivalry and a mini challenge to see who would win. Unfortunately the llama died of spontaneous combustion, which kind of took the fund out of it. I mean, obviously he got replaced, but it just wasn't the same.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@zystem please don't triple post, it's against site rules. If you can use the edit button on posts that don't need bumping -thanks.

i don't 100% understand what you're trying to say, but ok. i will try my best. thanks.

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 3:49 PM
I don't know if this counts, but a long time ago, I was doing a legacy, so it was just my Founder. She was cloud gazing or whatnot and got hit by a satellite. I had never seen that before and didn't even know that could happen, so I just sat there at my computer, staring at the screen, wondering what had just happened.
Test Subject
#18 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 2:13 AM
Once, i was editing a sim's face and i went to the mirror to regenerate the portrait, and it froze for a few seconds and then the face in the mirror showed with the 2nd face template and no eyebrows, but eyes were still intact with the original sim's eye color, i was so scared. Now i have the lot debugger to avoid that.

A artist who LOVES the sims.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 9:50 PM
The time when some move_objects tomfoolery resulted in a sim stuck on the giant gorilla statue which then proceeded to swish around and disappear below the ground, taking the sim with it never to be seen again.

I am Error.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 6:20 PM
Just now (like, a human hour ago) Mary Gavigan gave birth. She put the baby on the floor and went to get something from fridge (technically weird, but not abnormal for sims). A random, uninvited townie I had never seen before run (run!) into the house, stared at the baby or a minute, nodded, and run away.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 8:11 PM
You have the official stamp of approval from the Townie Association then. That means you can keep the baby!
Mad Poster
#22 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
You have the official stamp of approval from the Townie Association then. That means you can keep the baby!

And here I thought implants were injected through woohoo intercourses in sims' genitals. That explains why social workers have the 'mother' sense of every born child in town when they're being abused/neglected. They sent messengers/spies to check in with the babies.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Alchemist
#23 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Booney
A random, uninvited townie I had never seen before run (run!) into the house, stared at the baby or a minute, nodded, and run away.
that was probably the "Come See Baby" interaction.
Test Subject
#24 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 8:33 PM
A weird thing thing has recently started happening with three siblings, who are all adults living with their own families now. I'll be playing one of the siblings, and one of the other siblings and their spouse will just appear in the house. Not as in, they ring the doorbell and will come in. As in, I'll be upstairs controlling the toddler in her room, switch to downstairs quickly, go back upstairs and the toddler's aunt will suddenly be sat next to her cot. Then I'll search the house and her husband will be outside in the hammock. Today one of the siblings and her husband were having a bite to eat after work about 11pm and then her brother and his wife just stroll into the kitchen from god knows where and start making out! It'd be less weird if it were various friends and neighbours spawning in some sort of glitch, but it's always the siblings and in laws of this one family.
Undead Molten Llama
#25 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 9:39 AM
The only thing I can think of off the top of my head was that time when one of my Sims woke up in the night to do her first pregnancy pop...and then promptly died. She wasn't sick, her needs weren't and had never been low during the pregnancy, much less in the red. She just...croaked. I read somewhere that this was a bug that came with the Uni EP but that had been patched, so apparently it was a common thing for a short while, but my game is fully patched, so...I dunno. It's only ever happened that one time in a decade of playing. I still wonder about it, though!

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Page 1 of 2