Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 3:30 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 30th Jul 2018 at 3:23 PM.
Default WCIF - OMSP controller or Fix for this one (resetting on entering lot)?
I *REALLY* appreciate julsfels controller very much, but I'm wondering if since this one anyone has made one that can work without the sims on the lot, as in while I'm designing a community lot? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=324383
Advertisement
Alchemist
Original Poster
#2 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 4:33 PM
I asked about an alternative that goes on community lots before they are live, but now I'm also having trouble with the controller resetting all OMSPs back to visible whenever I leave the lot. Is there a known conflict? Or maybe this is normal behavior?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 3:23 PM
I'm going to bump this and ask again, because I have community lots with a great many OMSPs and I really need them to STAY invisible when the lot is exited and entered, but with this controller, they keep resetting to visible. Does anyone know what causes this or how to fix it?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 5:09 AM
You need to click on each OMSP and select the invisible recolour- yes by hand. Or you reset the controller each time because that is what it does, that is not a conflict. It would be nice if someone could make or fix the controller. Those are the two options as of right now. I prefer to make one each one invisible as I decorate.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 12:03 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, @joandsarah77. Do you know what it would take to make it keep the setting?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 12:31 PM
No clue what so ever! But, I know someone who might. Send me a link since I forgot where it's from and I'll see if they have time to have a look at it. They should at least be able to tell if it's possible or why it's resetting.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#7 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 1:34 PM
The OMSP controller and all of the OMSP's would need new bhavs - it seems like an awful lot of work for something that adds very little but maybe I'm wrong about that? If anyone wants to do the work Chris Hatch explains it in this post.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 9:56 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 31st Jul 2018 at 10:22 PM.
.. is it this? http://modthesims.info/d/324383

Honeywell my friend seems to think she can fix it.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#9 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 10:44 PM
Yes, that's the object. It can be "fixed" like Chis explained. I just wasn't sure anyone would want to put the time and effort into it - especially editing all of the omsp's attached to it - when it already serves the purpose as is right now. Or maybe there's another way? Either or it would be cool if the controller worked just like the design tool so I'll be interested to see what they come up with.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 11:15 PM
Well, she is only going to link Lucidity's OMSP's to it because otherwise yes, too much work. She does say a sim will have to set it though.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 12:23 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 1st Aug 2018 at 9:13 PM.
Yes, that's the object and I think it's well worth fixing. If there's anything I can do to help (some grunt work?), I'm happy to. I place a LOT of OMSPs, especially for raising lights above the first story, and, yes, SilentLucidity's, and I don't want them becoming visible again every time I enter the lot. For me, it's not serving the purpose, if, like @joandsarah77, I end up setting them all by hand, anyway.