Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 3:44 AM
Default WCIF - Mod enables use of any railing for any stairs?
I'm pretty sure I read about a mod that allows us to mix and match the Maxis railing and stairs? Anyone know or did I dream that?
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 12:48 PM
You dreamt it. Stair railings are tied to the stairs. There are deco stair railings out there to use, but you cannot use any stair mesh with any stairs. Don't be fooled by any cc stairs claiming mix-n-match, it's only for those particular stairs and railings included in the package.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 12:51 PM
Darn! And I just knew if anyone had done it, it would be you! Thank you for telling me. Hey, @HugeLunatic, since you're here... where/how can I ask you a question about your tutorial here. https://hugelunatic.com/?p=654
Alchemist
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 8:34 PM
not sure, but railing option for any stair might be changed through SimPE's Object Workshop.
Undead Molten Llama
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
not sure, but railing option for any stair might be changed through SimPE's Object Workshop.

The only way that'd work would be to make an entirely new stair in SimPE that combines the desired elements from two different stairs. Which is doable, of course, but it's not as simple as just assigning a certain rail to a certain stair. It's not like it's options at a salad bar.

@Sunrader
You might find this tute I did of interest: http://dramallamadingdang.tumblr.co...ested-i-screwed It gives instructions on how to use any fence or half-wall you have as a railing on any modular stair instead of the stair's "attached" railing. Here's a recent pic of a lot I built using the technique with the game's concrete stairs and a custom fence as the railing:

You can't get the railing on the bottom four steps using that (very, very simple and completely in-game) technique, but it's possible to do so by fiddling around with Mootilda's Grid Adjuster outside of the game. I don't often bother with that, myself.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 11:10 PM
Thank you, iCad. I wonder if that's what I vaguely remember seeing.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 1:33 AM
It's not a mod but Jodelie made this set.
mustluvcatz made these and raynuss made some spiral stair with multiple railing choices.