Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy

In other news, the next expansion pack is going to be called "Sims in Business", and your Sims will be able to own thier own businesses. Doesn't look like we'll be getting pets anytime soon, but who knows, maybe they did it this way so our *pets* will be able to own businesses. :D

Regards,
Delphy

Okay, I'm thinking two things here. One, maybe we'll be able to own pet stores as a business. Or, maybe since many of the businesses can be done from home (the making of the items. I just remember this being mentioned quite a bit when we took the survey on what we all thought about a TS2 "Sims in Business EP"), maybe they will add a few more things for our Sims' homelives, like maybe more things for baby/toddler/child/teen sims & that could include pets as part of our at-home life. That makes sense doesn't it? :Slap:

~Layla~

PLEASE let me have my TS2 version of Superstar!!!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 12:43 AM Last edited by cereja-chan : 11th Sep 2005 at 12:46 AM.
As roddyaleixo said, you have now the ability to turn your custom content (spelling?) on/ff . A window pops up asking that "some content may conflict with the game blah blah, do you wish to turn it off?" You may turn it on again, by clicking on "configurations" (those jugged little wheels, next to sound, screen options etc etc)

The amount of new interections and animations are a great surprise. We'll see now our sims make faces, dance like... like... like... well, like a sim high on grilled cheese, get attracted and becoming enemies almost autonomously. What surprised me the most was when a sim (sorority girl) autonomously (i don't play her group) asked my sim out! I was like, WTH! Cool!

On the other hand, PREPARE YOUR MACHINES. Damn, NL sucks, no, it devours M.RAM and worns your video card out. Takes age to load, and the gameplay becomes choppy after visiting community lots with many npcs and objects. Might be my pc, though.

BTW, I have 5GB of custom content. haven't enabled it yet... i wanted to play freely first. Walls/Clothes/Hair meshes/recolors work fine, but the objects disappeared from the menu and the hacks don't see to work. I'll try enabling it now *crosses fingers*

All in All, from the 60 minutes I got to play NL, I felt it's a most complete EP, bringing new features for many age groups. Haven't seen all the new NPCs, but the ones I met (host, waitress, vampire, gypsy) seemed waay more interesting than the mascots and cheeleaders. Yeah. NL , IMO, surpasses University in both new features and coolynessy (is this a word?)

OMG, bussiness ep! Ouch *feels the next ep leeching even more off of my poor compy*

Oh, just remembered it.. some uni interections, such as "play prank", are missing. Dunno if it's because the two sims in question were not friends...

"I'm just pretending to be a poser"
Field Researcher
#53 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 1:20 AM Last edited by daysies : 11th Sep 2005 at 1:48 AM. Reason: fixed link :)
Quote: Originally posted by darkfearie
LOl I wonder what the new EP will be like? I also wonder what kida of buisnesses you can run! I hope they interest me. I have to wait forever for NL i have no idea when it is coming out I think on the 21 not sure tho. I cant wait any longer grrrr I pre-ordered already!

If you go to snootysims (http://www.snootysims.com), they've put up a link in the news section that gives a bit more detail about the Business Expansion pack.

To Sim is the GREATEST adventure...
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 3:14 AM
I HAVE NIGTLIFE! You can see my pics and comments at http://www.sims2community.com/showt...01&page=1&pp=25.
Test Subject
#55 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 5:59 AM
It sounds great. This will be the first expanssion I havent been able to get since the original Hot DAte came out. My hubby bought me the Sims 2 the day he found out he had cancer, "To give you something to think about" I got University from him when he was finishing Chemo and rad. But tuesday he underwent 11 1/2 hours of surgry and faces 14 days in the hospital, I think since we are now $250000- $500000 in debt over the last few days I'll have to wait. I havent even told him it was being released. He would feel bad about not getting it for me. He might be an A$$ sometimes but he is a real sweety.
#56 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 6:13 AM
Well, "sims in Business" sounds like it lends the possibility of creating an online user marketplace... how I'm not sure, but it would be incredible to see something of that calibur launched. I'm sure pets will come along soon enough, but I'm more interested in the business portion of the next ep (In Business), being a business major myself, kinda has me wondering.

Also, if not an online marketplace, simply owning a shop, having the option to go to that shop and actually, physically play there instead of going to work and the time flying past till you get home (cause we all know thats how it really works, lol) and then return home... it's got my mind buzzing with ideas and questions~~!
#57 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 10:19 AM
Oh man....Can't wait to get it....*Drools*M...U...S...T....G...E...T...I...T...
Field Researcher
#58 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 10:34 AM
pets could apart of buisness like the pet shop or u could breed them and sell them maybe who knows i hope pets are apart off the next ep or they come out soon after, but there is chance maxis isn't making pets!

I have to wait 6-9 days maybe longer for nightlife to be released
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 11:05 AM
Hi Del!! I got the game yesterday (Saturday 10th of September ) . I have played it for a few hours last night and have some news on possible glitches if you need to know them. Let me know where I should post them .

I also have some info on new settings within the game, sound, graphics, etc...

Overall the game is fantastic and there is so much to do that one does not know what to do first!! I havent enjoyed an EP this much since vacation and unleashed. Maxis have done a really fantastic job on this one! Hats off!
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 11:08 AM Last edited by raye1 : 11th Sep 2005 at 11:13 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by cereja-chan
As roddyaleixo said, you have now the ability to turn your custom content (spelling?) on/ff . A window pops up asking that "some content may conflict with the game blah blah, do you wish to turn it off?" You may turn it on again, by clicking on "configurations" (those jugged little wheels, next to sound, screen options etc etc)

The amount of new interections and animations are a great surprise. We'll see now our sims make faces, dance like... like... like... well, like a sim high on grilled cheese, get attracted and becoming enemies almost autonomously. What surprised me the most was when a sim (sorority girl) autonomously (i don't play her group) asked my sim out! I was like, WTH! Cool!

On the other hand, PREPARE YOUR MACHINES. Damn, NL sucks, no, it devours M.RAM and worns your video card out. Takes age to load, and the gameplay becomes choppy after visiting community lots with many npcs and objects. Might be my pc, though.

BTW, I have 5GB of custom content. haven't enabled it yet... i wanted to play freely first. Walls/Clothes/Hair meshes/recolors work fine, but the objects disappeared from the menu and the hacks don't see to work. I'll try enabling it now *crosses fingers*

All in All, from the 60 minutes I got to play NL, I felt it's a most complete EP, bringing new features for many age groups. Haven't seen all the new NPCs, but the ones I met (host, waitress, vampire, gypsy) seemed waay more interesting than the mascots and cheeleaders. Yeah. NL , IMO, surpasses University in both new features and coolynessy (is this a word?)

OMG, bussiness ep! Ouch *feels the next ep leeching even more off of my poor compy*

Oh, just remembered it.. some uni interections, such as "play prank", are missing. Dunno if it's because the two sims in question were not friends...

I have found that the disable/enable within the game does not always work. I have now had to remove my downloads folder because the game kept crashing to the desktop.

One of the things I like the most as far as settings is the fact that you can set your sound settings at either stereo, 2.1 or 5.1!! Now the 5.1 sound is out of this world! You will hear stuff as never before. Right down to the paperboy/girl throwing the newspaper while you are in the house!

There are quite a few new graphic settings that I feel will give even those playing on weaker machines a pleasureable experience.

I am still having some small glitches such as double nannys and some hair issues. But overall game play seems to be smoother, quicker . And the community view is out of this world!

So much to do in the game, but so little time to do it all in!
Field Researcher
#61 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 1:08 PM Last edited by Nick : 11th Sep 2005 at 3:06 PM. Reason: Annalisa answered my question
I'm still alittle confused as to exactly where is the Downtown area. Can we actually SEE downtown from the neighborhood screen?
How is that possible? How can they add downtown to already established neighborhood screens?

I've been reading posts all over to better understand this but can't find the info...

-------------------
Thankyou, Annalisa
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 2:07 PM
No ... the Downtown area is like the college town in Uni. It's associated with a specific neighborhood but it's a separate neighborhood screen. So when you play Pleasantview you might have two little buttons on the top besides the Main Menu button: Sim State University and Downtown, clicking either one would send you to SSU or in the Downtown.

About glitches ... I'm sure there are a few, but I'd just like to pre-emptively point out that any problems you have placing graves in the community graveyard is probably not a glitch. Apparently some people on the official BBS were complaining about the graves showing up on the sidewalk of the graveyard and then not being able to move them. But that's not a glitch. The guide says the graves will appear at a random place near the telephone. To move it you can send your Sim there and have them place the tombstone in their inventory, then click on a part of the ground you want the graveyard to be and choose "Put Grave Here". You can also probably move them if you go into the lot in Build Mode.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 5:13 PM
well in the survey it was talking about sims owning and using beauty salloons. i don't know anything else about them.
Test Subject
#64 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 5:26 PM
you are soo lucky.........4 More Days!!!!!
i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Field Researcher
#65 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 6:22 PM
There is no beauty saloon in Nightlife, i think the survey you mentioned was related to future expansion packs...
Test Subject
#66 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 6:23 PM
I cant what 3 more stupid days its not fair but I pre. ordered it so i will get it right away.
Test Subject
#67 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 6:55 PM Last edited by Lythalasa : 11th Sep 2005 at 6:59 PM.
Default Cheats and objects for NL
Well, Im still up in the air about getting the EP NL. I was disapointed in the Uni EP to say the least. However, since my BF is the manager of an EB Games here in Vancouver, Canada....I got the chance to read thru the Strategy Guide. I found out some interesting things related to new cheats and items, and the Vampires.

Cheats:
(Now please forgive me, I did not write down the actual cheat codes, but I can go back and get them later and I will post them here.)

1.You can set your Sims age. Ie. From toddler to elder, and they will change back or forward to that age.

2. You can determine how many Simoleons your family gets from the neighborhood screen without moving them into a house, using the 'motherlode' cheat and then moving them out agian. (very nice ) Its just a cheat that you input from the neighborhood/family screen.

3. You can unlock all aspiration rewards or set the number of aspiration points that your sim has.

4.You can alter the pitch or your roofs to "unnecesary levels" Ie. Really steep or really flat.

Thats all I can remember for now, but I will be back there tomorrow and I will take notes .

Vampires:
There is a head Male and Female Vampire. You have to become friends with them to a certain level and then they will bite you. This is the only way to become a vampire in the beginning. You are then free to bite as many people as you want.
The head Vampires randomly appear in community or downtown lots. They will eventually turn only 10% of your neighborhood population into vampires. Npcs cannot stay as vampires, they will be replaced by living npcs next time you see them.
Vampires cannot go out in the sun. If they are in the sun too long they will sponatiously combust and die :D. However, your sim vampire can have a regular day job, they just have to run to the carpool, or you can build a garage onto your house.
Vampires needs dont decay (from what i could tell. The strat guide was a little hard to understand about this). You sleep in a coffin which fills your mood back up.
Vampires can get married and have children but the vampire gene is not genetic. thier children will be normal. Apparently the vampire skin is not a skin, Maxis said its a full body tattoo, so you cant actually make a vampire sim in body shop as far as i could tell.

Uuummm, thats all I can remember for now. An update will come soon with actual cheat codes.

If you want any questions answered let me know.

[edit] one more thing, you can put floor tiles on uneven terrain now.
Instructor
#68 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 7:06 PM
Do anyone now when nightlife will come out in britan?
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 7:27 PM Last edited by wgobcd : 11th Sep 2005 at 7:44 PM.
Hi pink_pixie... In England it comes out this Friday coming... the 16th.. so i guess it will be the same in wales too! This new EP has been my obsession for the last month lol!

Sorry.. didn't mean to cause offence to anyone!
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wgobcd
Hi pink_pixie... In England it comes out this Friday coming... the 16th.. so i guess it will be the same in wales too! How annoying is it out we have to wait longer than a lot of places! This new EP has been my obsession for the last month lol!

I take offence LOL Us americans have to wait a whole week after BRAZIL got it. Thats really not fair.... At least you just have to wait just 24hrs LOL

If you always expected the unexpected wouldn't the unexpected be expected?
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 7:40 PM
Oo sorry.. i sorta realised after and changed it to other countries.. When's it come out over in the states?

Sorry to anyone else who was bothered by my comment!
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wgobcd
Oo sorry.. i sorta realised after and changed it to other countries.. When's it come out over in the states?

Sorry to anyone else who was bothered by my comment!

it comes out on the 15th. I have it pre-ordered it so it'll be in my hands at noon or sooner WEE!

If you always expected the unexpected wouldn't the unexpected be expected?
Test Subject
#73 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 7:50 PM
2 MORE DAYS! I CAN"T FREAKING WAIT! It sucks that I won't be able to get it the day it comes out, because I will be in school on that day and probably won't get a chance to buy it! *Cries and Cries and Cries!*
Instructor
#74 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 7:57 PM
BOOYA!!!!!! I WAS WRONG ABOUT THE DATE!!!! ITS RELEASED IN CANADA (where i live it is)!!!! HELLS YES!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:DI WIN!!!!!!!

ok, i let it all out, now whats the second step...?
Test Subject
#75 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 8:00 PM
2 MORE DAYS! I CAN"T FREAKING WAIT! It sucks that I won't be able to get it the day it comes out, because I will be in school on that day and probably won't get a chance to buy it! *Cries and Cries and Cries!* :fallen:

Koalas are awesome! When Maxis comes out with Unleashed 2 or something, I am totally gonna make a pet koala!
Locked thread | Locked by: daysies Reason: no need to discuss further; help issues go [url=http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31]here[/url]
Page 3 of 30