Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 12:12 AM
Default How do I stop the constant ambient sound FX on high rise lots?
So I'm on my fancy penthouse lot, you know the one, and I keep hearing this dumb piano music in the background. It's really quite loud, it's really quite constant, and it's really quite annoying. How do I kill the constant ambient noises coming from this shell?

Thanks

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
So I'm on my fancy penthouse lot, you know the one, and I keep hearing this dumb piano music in the background. It's really quite loud, it's really quite constant, and it's really quite annoying. How do I kill the constant ambient noises coming from this shell?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure those ambient noises come from the Hidden Room Marker rather than the building shell. Try deleting those and see if the noise stops. If not, you could find the AUDT file (which might take a little time) and mod it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 10:33 PM
Oh wow, they do as well. But having that room be unhidden is a bit inconvenient. I suppose it'll have to do.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 11:57 PM
I keep hearing this dumb piano music in the background.

I legit have such neighbors above in RL.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Jun 2019 at 1:33 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 14th Jun 2019 at 2:11 AM.
If I remember correctly, you can shift-click on the hidden room marker and set the room sound.
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Jun 2019 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Are you sure they come from hidden marker? I remember from the Boroughsburg thread that Buzzler created a marker just to produce "hi-rise building shell ambient fx" so I assume it is the shell itself.

https://www.modthesims.info/d/450059/builder-stuff.html

I stand corrected. Looks like the shells make noise as well. Two Foot Mama has a few mods which remove sound effects, but I looked and didn't see any for the buildings. It would be easy to mod the AUDT files if you could find the correct one.
Test Subject
#8 Old 14th Jun 2019 at 4:02 AM
Oh wow, they do as well. But having that room be unhidden is a bit inconvenient. I suppose it'll have to do.

Just checked the Hidden Room marker and if you shift-click you can choose from the following ambient sounds: None, Cheap, and Expensive, so you can turn off the sound rather than deleting them. I tried shift-click on the building shell, but there's no option for the ambient sounds on them.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Jun 2019 at 9:52 AM
Yeah, thing is, I knew that. I need to double check but I'm pretty sure I'm still getting sounds when it's on None.

insert signature here