Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#5751 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
I think you either mean mediocracy or kakistocracy or maybe mediocrity.

Meritocracy would be a government composed of the most able and talented people.

mediocrity.... yup...I did it again. pissed off at this ridiculous excuse for a sims game.... forgot how to spell. Wouldn't be the first time.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#5752 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 5:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by drake_mccarty
EA is paying these people. Not directly, but EA is providing them with the exclusive video footage for their media channels that’s guaranteed to increase their viewers and increase the ad revenue they get in return. For that reason alone, i’m of the opinion that none of their opinions should be trusted.

From somewhere long ago, regarding these YouTube channels and their parallel to media and corporations.
Quote:
It's not necessary for each individual to have a handler. You incentivize those on the lower end of the totem pole and they enact what you want on their own.

As an example of incentivization, look at how journalists are bought and bribed by major industries for favorable product reviews: First, you ask journalists to review your product. Then you single out the journalists who give you favorable reviews. Next you prioritize these journalists with early access to subsequent product releases. You l offer to pay for flights to your company HQ, personal interview, dinner, all paid for.

Now the reviews come back. The journalists who still gave your product a bad review? Blacklisted. You only give preferential treatment to the journalists who give you good reviews.

In this way, without even any direct bribery taking place, a company is able to buy favorable review from the press, and the press self select for those who accept bribes, because they are the ones who always get the inside scoops and early access reviews from the industry.

It's an incestuous relationship that never once takes into consideration what the public wants. Which is truthful reporting.

This doesn't just apply to products, and it's the primary means of "incentivizing" favorable reports from the media.
Scholar
#5753 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 6:14 AM Last edited by pirate_wolf_12 : 31st Oct 2017 at 7:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Has the grass always looked that weird and flat in TS4 or is this a new texture or something?

It looks like some roach infested 70's cheap motel carpet. And not just the style, the actual texture is so flat it looks like flooring.

Edit:

What the fuck is wrong with that animal on the left.
Theorist
#5754 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
I feel like if they aren't going to let us recolour stuff things need to have every primary, secondary, and tertiary colour in both light, moderate and high saturation, either as solids or as the main colour in a pattern. That along with being able to chose swatches for different parts separately ala Sims 2, so the bedding is not tied to the bed frame etc

I'd go so far as to say in solids and as the main colour in a pattern.
Theorist
#5755 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 1:21 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 31st Oct 2017 at 1:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
The influencer gushing is hysterical. Every one I saw sounded warily similar, though I didn’t watch many.

“This video is sponsored by EA, but my opinions are all my own! *rabbid fangirling about basic things*”

I watched someone brag about having “so many swatches.” Girl, 8 is not many. 8 doesn’t even include all of the basic colors an object should have. I feel like EA is paying them to be hyper enthusiastic (which I could never see someone like LGR ever doing).

Then again, we have forumers creating safe spaces to shield themselves from criticisms from a body of work they haven’t even created. What a time to be alive.

You've been around long enough to know how YIB's work. Gushing, shrieking, and endless ass kissing is the name of the game. If they don't, they don't get their paid trips to Redwood, game codes for giveaways, ect... Alexa gets 'paid' via ad revenue on her site. According to one YIB, Youtube doesn't like sims vids anymore. YT has been demonetizing them which has lead to many channels dedicated to sims evolving into blog channels with other games tossed in some cases. Whether this is part of the YT adpocalypse, or censoring content as it isn't family-friendly, who knows. YT ( Google) is weird as are YIB's. All of them live in a world of contradiction.

Clint AKA LGR has had days in the past where he could see EA not doing anything wrong. He hasn't had one of those days in a long time though. I think the last time he did that was for one of the TS3 worlds ( I can't remember which one) where the houses looked like they were built and colored by small children. For reasons that were unknown to anybody other than Clint, he made it clear that he wasn't happy, but couldn't bring himself to let EA know exactly how he felt. Times have since changed. The 'ball pit' for TS4 was enough to push even the biggest Maxis fan over the edge.

EDIT: It was driving me nuts which world it was that Clint couldn't lay into EA about, so I looked it up. It was Aurora Skies. Video is here if anybody wants to watch it.
Test Subject
#5756 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 1:26 PM
I was hoping this EP were gonna be good... I was stupid I guess . It's always the same story, a nice exterior with a very ugly interior... Please EA, kill The Sims 4 now.
dodgy builder
#5757 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 1:57 PM
Reading this thread makes me dizzy. Woohoo and nose keeps getting confused. I really have an essay to finish. You keep going on about details up and details down and who the heck is in the middle?
Theorist
#5758 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 2:20 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 31st Oct 2017 at 2:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12

Since you brought it up, I decided to look into the problem. I'm not a expert on these things, but it looks as though the cat has 'human' sim teeth or dentures. Take your pick.

EDIT: I've seen this look before. It is in a commercial for dog treats made by Pedigree. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJp...annel=APotter89
Scholar
#5759 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 2:50 PM
I was mostly referring to it looking like a deformed stocking stuffed full of mashed potato, but a cat with human teeth is outstandingly grotesque. Good spotting. The beagle also has a weird eye thing going on, too.
Top Secret Researcher
#5760 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
It looks like some roach infested 70's cheap motel carpet. And not just the style, the actual texture is so flat it looks like flooring.

Edit:

This does not look like a cat. It is supposed to be a cat, right?
dodgy builder
#5761 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 3:16 PM
What does cats teeth look like? I've never really noticed ... I do see something's not quite right about the teeth though, are those really human?

It's the thing about Japanese art, if you've never seen a Japanese before and don't know what they look like, it's hard to get it right. I guess this artist haven't had cats before.
Theorist
#5762 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
What does cats teeth look like? I've never really noticed ... I do see something's not quite right about the teeth though, are those really human?

Kitteh teeth

I don't know what EA did, but that's not normal.

Before somebody decides to lecture me about how this is just a game, I'm aware of that. What is going on here is sheer laziness.
Mad Poster
#5763 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 5:27 PM
They;re just being pretty weird, without the help of our smarter stories.
Field Researcher
#5764 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 5:52 PM
What is stupid to us (and the rest of the world), is smarter to the gurus.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5765 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 5:54 PM
Repeating what I wrote somewhere else already: if pet woohoo is done via nose does that mean that the Rudolph red nose disease that vets can treat is an STD?
Mad Poster
#5766 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Repeating what I wrote somewhere else already: if pet woohoo is done via nose does that mean that the Rudolph red nose disease that vets can treat is an STD?

Nope. Additional aimal, Rudolph, would require 10-20$ in a dlc form, despite being a shallow npc animal that is there to exist and hope around like a ballerina, and the only thing that isn't pointless in playing a soemwhat role in a gameplay is that the animal itself on rare occasion might take a visit in a vet to have it's glowing nose treated
Field Researcher
#5767 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 6:57 PM
I....Just....can't. Did EA give these "gurus" some sort of Stupid drug or something?????
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#5768 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thevogel
I....Just....can't. Did EA give these "gurus" some sort of Stupid drug or something?????

Gurus be like:

Though to be honest, gurus shouldn't be blame imo. The Production/EA is on the fault here.
Field Researcher
#5769 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Gurus be like:

Though to be honest, gurus shouldn't be blame imo. The Production/EA is on the fault here.

Oh I am aware EA is the one to blame here. But the Gurus do play their part. It's sad when insulting this series becomes more entertaining than playing it.

Oh man....I just hope LGR does a review of the EP soon. I'm dying to see what he says.
Field Researcher
#5770 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Gurus be like:

True, but another factor is those squealing sheep who blindly buy anything that says "The Sims" on it (or people who feel they HAVE to own all the packs). They don't criticize anything; they just squeal and go on and on about how X pack is amazing and the best ever. That makes gurus think what they're doing is A-Okay, and anyone who thinks otherwise is just a "hater lol."
Field Researcher
#5771 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiddypatches
True, but another factor is those squealing sheep who blindly buy anything that says "The Sims" on it (or people who feel they HAVE to own all the packs). They don't criticize anything; they just squeal and go on and on about how X pack is amazing and the best ever. That makes gurus think what they're doing is A-Okay, and anyone who thinks otherwise is just a "hater lol."

Right!!?? It's mind numbing how these people get all excited for one little thing in these packs! And they....those screaming over excited "trigger" happy drones are the reason this game is not dead yet. Can it just be gone already????

When they fucked up SimCity... There was no mercy!! We told them what a piece of shit it was on every forum topic available. The criticism was brutal....As it should have been. And that forum went from being roaring loud with anger....to complete silence. And then the game died. All of us city builders waited it out... and Paradox / Colossal order blessed us with City Skylines.

Why oh Why couldn't that have happened with The Sims? Because of all these over excited "squealing sheep". Damn them for ruining what could have been the solution and our saving grace from this fiery hell of TS4!!!! And the Forums.... Good God...the tension over there is palpable....but it still so heavily censored.....that there is no way to get the point through to all those douche nozzles, that this game sucks ass. So... as long as that forum is up and running, and EA keeps sponsoring the you tube reviews....it aint going anywhere.

Okay...I'm gonna play City skylines and turn on the natural disasters.... see what blows up.
Top Secret Researcher
#5772 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 11:20 PM
Well, Paradox do have 3 secret projects (that we know about) at the moment - one is almost certainly Victoria 3, though. Not that I think this is really their roundhouse - but I have no idea what plans Colossal Order might have.
Mad Poster
#5773 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 11:55 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 1st Nov 2017 at 1:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by kiddypatches

I did learn a thing from TS4, and is that any game can grab an attention and interested to anyone (while calling itself a sequal) by just providing appealing aesthetics, advance cas, and easy build mode to the game, even by leaving/skipping out the rest what it got to offer: LIVE mode. Of course, variety of clothing and objects also might be the factor here, but I doubt they alone without the three advances I mentioned before would allow the whole game to stand somewhat strong on their feet.
Field Researcher
#5774 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Well, Paradox do have 3 secret projects (that we know about) at the moment - one is almost certainly Victoria 3, though. Not that I think this is really their roundhouse - but I have no idea what plans Colossal Order might have.

Well, one can hope. I know the Paradox forum has a sims thread....I have contributed to it once or twice. The consensus is much the same about TS4 and what it is lacking and so forth. So with any luck, one of those secret projects will be a Sims type game. They have no problem with raising required specs.... and that I love. They want their games to be quality.... so if your computer can't run it.... you have to suck it up and buy one that can. I've been saving for awhile for a new monster computer...just taking me forever. I have other games on Steam that I want to play right now that my current computer can't really handle... so when I eventually get my next computer...I want it to be more than ready for anything now and anything new. A sims game by Paradox would be killer.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5775 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 12:52 AM
Sims City’s target demographic is a bit older then the Sims. There was no saving Sim City, as older games know better.

The Sims, now, has a much younger demographic than it did previously. Children are much easily persuaded than adults, who will eat up guru sentiments word for word when something goes wrong, and they just roll with it.

“We spent a year working on getting Sims to sit down.”

That an excuse that adults don’t make to other adults. Adults talking to adults would say “the project has been delayed, but we’re still working to make it as good as we possibly can!” No one with par reasoning skills believed that the game pack needed half a year more because of seating. Honestly, for the year that it took to make dine out (especially since its main mechanic was pulled from an EP), it’s disappoiting.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Locked thread
Page 231 of 447