Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 5:21 AM
Default By The Road To Nowhere (two new chapters added. Please vote!)
Thanks a lot for checking out my story. Comments are appreciated!

By The Road To Nowhere

Part 1: The Early Strangetown Years

Once upon a time there was a small desert town named Strangetown. Strangetown was surrounded by spectacular desert landscape but it was very isolated from the rest of Simland. Strangetown wasn't a town for ordinary people.
Most ordinary people frowned when they heard "Strangetown" and they would often shout at the person who had mentioned it for reminding them of bothersome aliens and ufos. People were saying that weird things were happening in Strangetown and that the whole town was a big mystery. There had never been any population of any other town that had spotted so many ufos as the Strangetownians.
The most asked question in Strangetown was "Do aliens exist among us?".

Advertisement
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 9:52 AM
Hehe, good start! I'm looking forward to reading more
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 6:09 PM
ooo, a story about strangetown, yay
can't wait to read more.

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 9:25 PM
Default Olive and Willow
Olive and Willow

At the end of Dead End Lane there was a scary looking brick house built in a Spanish style. The Muendas had lived there for two generations now. Peponi and Lerato Muenda had mysteriously disappeared one year ago and their two young adult daughters had taken over the house. They didn't have too much money and they were not used to provide for themselves.
Willow, the youngest one had always been the smart, reserved one who said very little and had her head in the books. She had taken a job as a pre-school assistant to sustain her and her sister. Olive on the other hand was extrovert and popular. She felt too young to start working. She wanted to be young forever and her head was filled with thoughts about Hugh, her fiancé.

Hugh Thanasia had propsed to her one week ago and they had planned to get married very soon. Olive loved this man. He had proposed right outside the house and afterward he had carried her into the bedroom and they had made love.

Hugh was very sensual and romantic, Olive thought. She had not known him for too long but she wanted to marry him so badly. Olive dreamed of a bigger house built in the same Spanish style, a big garden and loads of friends who came and saw how happy they were. "You need to come back to earth", her sister Willow said to her all the time. Olive wanted so much. She wanted to be rich. Hugh was not rich. He lived in a small bedsit and he did not have a job. Willow always told her sister that she had heard rumours about Hugh seeing other girls but Olive thought it was all nonsense Willow had made up because of jealousy. Olive knew that Willow was not like her. She wasn't as popular, good looking and fashionable as her and Olive knew that she wanted the same "fame" in Strangetown.

Willow didn't have many friends or any at all. She said that she didn't have time because she needed to work to provide for her childish two year older sister. In her free time Willow read a lot. If she did not read she was either working, preparing meals or cleaning the house. Olive didn't do any other things than spending time with Hugh, throwing parties or ....... thinking.

There was no big garden like she dreamed about but there was a green, empty yard outside the house. She and Willow used to play there when they were young. She did not remember what had been there. Maybe there had been a swing? Maybe an apple tree? Olive used to sit in an old chair she had placed at the end of the yard and she could sit there for hours. Sometimes her sister thought she was crazy and sometimes she asked if there was a little philosophical mind inside her sister. At times Olive couldn't stand Willow. Especially not when Willow tried to get Olive's mind away from Hugh. Yes, Willow had tried that. Olive thought Willow could be too judgemental at times. She acted like she knew everything. But she did know everything! At least Olive felt like that. She often wished she could be just like her sister. If she wasn't as naive as she was she could have saved herself from lots of trouble. But it didn't take long until Olive started to think about wedding planning again. Her thoughts fell upon Hugh's brother, Lou Thanasia.

Lou was a florist and he often came home to the sisters and taught them how to make flower upsets. He also promised to make flower upsets for the wedding. Life couldn't be any better.

Thanks a lot! Please comment and tell me what you think!
Test Subject
#5 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 7:09 PM
nice start, and looking forward to more!
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 1:14 AM
As cartoonfan said, very nice start, can't wait to see how this goes!!!!
#7 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 9:52 PM
Good start! It seems to be interesting lets see how it turns out to be . Oh and who is Olive and who is Willow was a little confusing for me :P.

Oh and good photos. good job!

-Adi
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by adiready
Good start! It seems to be interesting lets see how it turns out to be . Oh and who is Olive and who is Willow was a little confusing for me :P.

Oh and good photos. good job!

-Adi

Lol, there will be an update soon. Olive is the lady with straight hair and high heels while Willow has curly hair.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 1:07 AM
Pretty good, did you ressurect them and then age them down to do this story? (Or aleast resurrect as much as you can)...Oh Olive! *Smacks head* I was trying to remeber who Olive it until I remebered, that's Opheil's aunt, Hugh is one of the first to die wasn't he? Willow is the mother of Ophelia,,,

Okay go on

My Sims 3 Random Legacy Challenge: The Amberstones
http://amberstonelegacy.blogspot.com.au/
#10 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 1:23 AM
I will be looking forward to the next chapter!
#11 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Oceanborn
Lol, there will be an update soon. Olive is the lady with straight hair and high heels while Willow has curly hair.

Thanks that helped.LOL.
so when can we have the next chapter up and running eh? :Pimp:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Willow's Tara
Pretty good, did you ressurect them and then age them down to do this story? (Or aleast resurrect as much as you can)...Oh Olive! *Smacks head* I was trying to remeber who Olive it until I remebered, that's Opheil's aunt, Hugh is one of the first to die wasn't he? Willow is the mother of Ophelia,,,

Okay go on

No I didn't resurrect anyone of them. I made them all with Bodyshop. I wanted to make my own, unique versions of the maxis sims but I made sure that they looked similar to the original ones.
Olive is Ophelia's aunt and Willow is her mother but Ophelia is not born yet. These are the early, early Strangetown years and Olive and Willow are just young "girls".
I cannot tell what will happen next (with Hugh etc) . You'll have to read to find out XD.

Quote: Originally posted by adiready
Thanks that helped.LOL.
so when can we have the next chapter up and running eh? :Pimp:

I will write the next chapter as soon as possible. XD
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 5:46 AM
i love the strangetown characters...can't wait for the next update.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 1:14 AM
I never thought much about strangetown, and so rarely play it. So i'm loving this - please update.
#15 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 6:50 PM
This is pretty good so far. Same here, I never play Strangetown so I'm a little intrigued.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 12:14 AM
Looks good so far! I love stories about Strangetown...I will definately keep up with this one
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 10:32 PM
Default The Devil's Child
The Devil's Child

The wedding between Olive and Hugh was set but it didn't go as Olive hoped. Hugh had acted nervous three days before and Olive had started to wonder if anything was wrong. It ended with Hugh leaving her by the altar after taking a deep breath.

From the day Olive had been left by the altar, everything had started to go wrong. Olive had married many men (who had all died) and she had been in and out of psychiatric hospitals. She had also become pregnant and given birth to a son she had named Nereus. It was unclear who was the father but Olive claimed it was the Grim Reaper.

She also believed that she was the Grim Reaper's lover. Her sister Willow was worried about her all the time and she often had to come over to look after her sister. Both were doing well economically now. Willow had married and Olive had become a Professional Party Guest.

Olive loved little Nereus although she wasn't taking enough care of him when he needed it. Many other Strangetownians thought that Olive was behaving like the devil himself. Partying and dating were the most important things in her life. Many Strangetownians meant that she was incapable of caring for a child. Olive thought she was going to be the best mother for little Nereus, even if he had to lie in bed for hours crying.

One day it had happened! Nereus had been taken away by a social worker.
It had been predicted in the town of Strangetown that it would happen, considering Olive's bad parenting skills. Nobody knew where the social worker was taking him. Nereus could have been adopted by new parents or he could have been placed in a foster home or an orphange. Hopefully, Nereus would still be in Strangetown.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 1:39 AM
Default Crystal Who?
Crystal Who?

Many years later......

Strangetown High School wasn't that strange. It was one of the most normal places in Strangetown. It had its share of all cliques: so called "normal" people, nerds, jocks, cheerleaders, rockers and some people who didn't fit into any description. The popular people looked down at the unpopular people, just like in any normal high school.
The school canteen was usually crowdy but right now there were some available chairs here and there.

The Curious brothers had found a place to sit at the same table as Loki Beaker and some other unknown guy. Pascal, Vidcund and Lazlo always stuck together. They were brothers and best friends. They could talk about anything together and right now Pascal was enjoying some burritos. Vidcund and Lazlo were not hungry.
"Look at The Cheerleader Table", Lazlo said shortly.
"What is it, brother?", Vidcund said irritated. Lazlo turned his head around carefully and whispered: "look at the girl with blonde hair, isn't she gorgeous". Vidcund looked irritated again. "Which one of them?", he asked trying to sound stupid. "Nearly all of them have blonde hair".
"Vidcund, isn't it good that Lazlo thinks good of a girl?", the oldest brother Pascal complained.

When the school was finished Pascal, Vidcund and Lazlo were walking towards their lockers. They were also thinking about going to the Science Club and see if they could do something interesting. Strangetown High School had it's own Science Club and Pascal, Vidcund and Lazlo were all members of the club.
"If we are going to talk to Loki we need to hurry", Vidcund said in a distressed tune. "Loki might have gone home. We could of course go to his house and ask if he will come out but-".
Vidcund was interrupted by Lazlo's hysterical voice: "There she is! The cheerleader girl!".

"You should go and talk to her", Pascal said comfortingly.
"Do you know her?", Lazlo asked wanting to get all the information he could get. "What's she like?".
"Her name is Crystal Vu and she is like any other cheerleader: bratty, selfish and arrogant. I don't know her personally but I have heard about her. We will go and sit at the bench right behind the one Crystal is sitting at. Go and talk to her!".
Vidcund didn't look like he liked the thought that his brother might start dating a cheerleader. Cheerleaders and jocks were a threat to all smart people. They looked down at the smart people. Deep down they were jealous in them. That was what Vidcund thought.

Lazlo walked nervously to the bench where Crystal, the girl with golden hair, was sitting. Pascal was watching him from the other side and Lazlo felt much safer with his brother's encouragement. Even if the big bully Buzz Grunt was standing beside the other cheerleader girl, Lazlo would take a chance. Nothing could stop him right now.
"Ehm hey there! My name's Lazlo Curious! I heard yours was Crystal Who", Lazlo said energetic.
"It's Vu, not Who. Have you been watching too much Doctor Who, you nerd?", Crystal answered with her nose up in the clouds. "And I know a lot about you and your two nerdy brothers. Everybody know about the Curious family. All you do is reading and looking for aliens. Go away nerd! Don't even try to talk to me again".

Lazlo turned around insulted and tried to get away as soon as possible. He never wanted to go and talk to this girl again. Never. Right now he swore that he would never consider dating a cheerleader, not even a popular girl. He wasn't even sure if he would date anyone at all. Why should he? He had science, astronomy, scifi, his two brothers, and his sister Jenny of course. Wasn't that enough?

Before he could think more, Lazlo was attacked by Strangetown's biggest teenage bully, Buzz Grunt. His father was a general and his grandfather had also been a general. Buzz wanted nothing but to be a general too. It seemed like Buzz had an extreme need to look down on others who were not as narrow minded as him.
Lazlo felt weak right now. He knew he was going to lose. He had no chance. Buzz was so strong because of his massive weight lifting and hard training. He could hear his brothers scream "Come on Lazlo!" while all the others screamed "Come on Buzz!".

Lazlo realized that he was losing the fight and he was about to fall on the floor when Buzz was kicking him from behind.
"How dare you talk to Crystal? How on earth do you think she is interested in you, nerdo?", Buzz shouted violently.
"She....i-i-s not ya property", Lazlo mumbled while his body was aching after the fight. "I talk to who I wanna".
"It is my duty as a man to protect women from wimps and nerds like you", Buzz said, speaking in a low, cold voice.
"Go home now, Curious brothers!".

Please comment and tell what you think!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 4:34 PM
I really like your story its interesting to see your spin on all these people as teenagers when everyone is so used to playing them as adults.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 10:32 PM
I also like it :D

How did you manage to bring them back to youngsters and etc? Also Buzz's beard just remind me of Dave(my husband) I always make him with that beard xD
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kyle
I also like it :D

How did you manage to bring them back to youngsters and etc? Also Buzz's beard just remind me of Dave(my husband) I always make him with that beard xD

hehe, I didn't bring anyone back, even if it is possible with insim or simpe. I just made my own versions of the maxis sims.
I thought it would be much more fun.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Oceanborn
hehe, I didn't bring anyone back, even if it is possible with insim or simpe. I just made my own versions of the maxis sims.
I thought it would be much more fun.

Ah basicaly made a whole new neighbor hood? Sweet :D
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 3:14 AM
def be sticking around to see more! :]

Am Back and its Time to get BittersWeet xoxo