Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Nov 2004 at 3:23 AM
Default Tar roads and modern cars...... help needed for ancient city
Help! I am wanting to make an ancient city - obviously the lots work fine, but in the neighbourhood screen the hideous roads, cars zooming around and rubbish bin/mailbox just dont work!
Does anyone know how to change any or all of these?
Moveobjects on allowed me to build Casbah walls right up to the boundary, but wont allow me to retile the roads/sidewalk.
Can we get rid of the cars?
also, does anyone reckon there is any way to change the graphics for the mailbox/rubbish bin?
Cheers
Lil
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 11:30 PM
I had a suggestion about this type of thing that I posted in the Sims 2 official site's forum... It was that you should be able to designate what era/setting your neighborhoods are based around and have items according to that. For instance, you could set it to be ancient Greece and, instead of seeing all of those cars whizzing around the neighborhood, you'd see horses and chariots and so on. Also, that's what would pick you up instead of a taxi and, instead of a telephone, you could summon Hermes, the messenger god or something dumb like that.

It would really make things much more versatile and dynamic if we could customize our neighborhoods individually and various other options like that. I hope they do something like this, but I won't be holding my breath. B)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Nov 2004 at 2:28 PM
hmmm, sounds like an expansion pack

Down with Paysites
Up with the British Empire :)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Nov 2004 at 9:59 AM
I wish. I doubt they'll ever do it, though. Actually, I have tons of really extensive ideas for things they could do and ways to make it, I guess, "logical"... I don't actually know, programming-wise, how to do it, but I know ways it could fit in with other things and so forth. I doubt they'll do any of it, though. Wah.
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Nov 2004 at 12:53 AM
I agree - that would be the perfect way to do it!! much better than the standard 'party' or 'downtown' thing... that doesnt add much to the building potential, but expansion packs based on different historical periods, or countries, or even alien planets it could keep them going for a couple of decades!!!
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th Nov 2004 at 1:36 AM
Maybe someone with programation skills can adding the functions of the mailbox to a custom movile object. However this would need explore great part of the code.
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#7 Old 19th Nov 2004 at 1:46 AM
How strange I just made a post about this :D

"I've managed to delete the roads in my neighbourhood using the 'boolProp displayNeighborhoodRoads' cheat, but the cars and buses are still there."

So, you can get rid of the roads but I haven't found if anyone has managed to get rid of the cars.

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Nov 2004 at 1:55 AM
Thats a start!
I downloaded gameextractor, and can see a section applying to roads, with 'asphalt' in it, so I am imagining that could be changed to dirt, but again the vehicles would still be there.... Has anyone figured out how to change graphics for objects yet? I have exported a couple of objects, but then cant find a program which can open them...
Instructor
#9 Old 20th Nov 2004 at 10:32 PM
Thing is, these neighborhoods are made in Sim City 4, they are SC4 files, and Sim City 4 doesn't have already roads or vehicles really. Well it has railroads and tracks for it, and I thought I could do an Old West style neighborhood for Sims 2, but the game does not recognize the railroad tracks when imported from Sim City 4. The only thing it seems to recognize are roads, some bridges, trees and landscape.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 20th Nov 2004 at 11:32 PM
I am looking forward the stone age package ....

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 21st Nov 2004 at 4:15 AM
bool props false thing lets u be able to delete the road once ur in the lot

go to http://www.sim-mart.com
I make the lots for them
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies