Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 4:39 PM Last edited by Sketching : 29th Sep 2018 at 9:44 AM. Reason: Solved
Default Invisible Mailbox and Trash Can in NH View
Hey, guys! I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a mod that renders:
  • the mailbox and trash can invisible from neighborhood view
  • the neighbors' mailbox and trash can invisible from lot view (this might be related to lot imposters, so it might not be possible anyway)
It might sound confusing but I don't necessarily want the mailbox and trash can invisible on the played lot. It's just that when I have several houses in a row, especially in neighborhood view, I'd rather the aforementioned items be unseen, so I was hoping to find something similar to iCad's mod for community phone booths.
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 4:53 PM
I don't know of an existing mod like that, but it's something I'd like to have, too. If no one comes forward with one that already exists, I'll go in and remove neighborhood view from those objects, too. Give me a day or two, since I'm in the middle of finishing up part of a very large project.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 12:05 PM
Thank you, iCad! You've been busy with your hair defaults, so I greatly appreciate the offer.
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 8:55 PM
Yeah, the hair defaults are eating most of my computer-ing time lately. Heck, I'm only here more lately because my hand cramps while working on them and typing helps work out the kinks. But I've finished the guy hair, so I can go in and find the mailbox/trashcan files in SimPE and fiddle with them. Probably later today, since it's just about bedtime for me.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Undead Molten Llama
#5 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 6:21 PM
Sorry for the double-post, but...Here ya go! http://dramallamadingdang.tumblr.co...oking-for-a-mod

Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Sorry for the double-post, but...Here ya go! http://dramallamadingdang.tumblr.co...oking-for-a-mod

Thank you so much iCad! No longer will the tyranny of albeit perfectly aligned mailboxes and trash cans haunt my subdivision neighborhood views!
Undead Molten Llama
#7 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 7:18 PM
You are most welcome! Have fun updating all your lot imposters.

Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
You are most welcome! Have fun updating all your lot imposters.

I know, right? If only TS2 would automatically update them without our input! Good thing I only have moderately-sized hoods for now, but at least I'll be solid moving forward. Thanks again!