Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 1:46 AM Last edited by justJones : 6th May 2018 at 11:03 PM.
Default -- Change Game Language --
Hello guys, here is a really easy and quick tutorial on how to change your game's language.

If you would like a program to do it for you, check my The Sims 4 Game Tools program.

Step 1 - Download the language pack. The language pack is below - make sure you download the one for the latest patch.
Step 2 - Place the acceptable Strings_LANGUAGE_COUNTRY.package file into your installation folder.
Step 3 - Open The Registry Editor/Regedit
- Search for 'regedit' in the Start menu.
Step 4 - Change The Sims 4 Locale
- In the registry editor go to this location:
- 32-bit Users: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Maxis -> The Sims 4
- 64-bit Users: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Wow6432Node -> Maxis -> The Sims 4
- Change the 'Locale' tag with your wanted language:
- Czech: cs_CZ
- Danish: da_DK
- German: de_DE
- English: en_US
- Spanish: es_ES
- Finnish: fi_FI
- French: fr_FR
- Italian: it_IT
- Japanese: ja_JP
- Korean: ko_KR
- Dutch: nl_NL
- Norwegian: no_NO
- Polish: pl_PL
- Portuguese (Brazil): pt_BR
- Russian: ru_RU
- Swedish: sv_SE
- Chinese (Traditional): zh_TW
- I will be changing my game to Spanish, so I will use "es_ES" in the 'Locale' tag.
Step 5 - Close out of the Registry Editor
Step 6 - Launch The Sims 4
- Launching The Sims 4 will act like you just installed it, you can move your saves & mods only to the new documents folder.

If you need help, ask! Hope this tutorial works well for you guys!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Strings.rar (14.90 MB, 56030 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Updated For Patch: 03/26/2015 - 1.5.139.1020

Simalary Studios

Contact Me
Send me a PM, if you need to contact me for anything.
5 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th May 2015 at 4:39 PM
the current user is not entitled to run the sims 4 in the installed language... oh dear god whyyyy..ive tried everything to put my game in english..
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 9:48 AM
Yes, I got the same problem as well!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chomsky007
the current user is not entitled to run the sims 4 in the installed language... oh dear god whyyyy..ive tried everything to put my game in english..

Quote: Originally posted by Bo Bo
Yes, I got the same problem as well!

Sorry for the late reply, but unfortunately, this is a problem with Region Locks. [A 'bug' or problem EA caused to make it so some countries have to play in their native languages]. I am still trying to find a solution for this.

Simalary Studios

Contact Me
Send me a PM, if you need to contact me for anything.
Test Subject
#5 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simalary44
Sorry for the late reply, but unfortunately, this is a problem with Region Locks. [A 'bug' or problem EA caused to make it so some countries have to play in their native languages]. I am still trying to find a solution for this.
It is required to put file GDFBinary_(locale).dll in Origin Games\The Sims 4\_Installer. For example - if someone wants polish in his/her game he/she needs file GDFBinary_pl_PL.dll. Same will english - but instead GDFBinary_pl_PL.dll he/she will need GDFBinary_en_US.dll.
Test Subject
#6 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 5:27 PM
Can I change the language to hungarian?
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 6:12 PM
Default Strings_ENG_US_COUNTRY
Hello guys, here is a really easy and quick tutorial on how to change your game's language.

If you would like a program to do it for you, check my The Sims 4 Game Tools program.

Step 1 - Download the language pack. The language pack is below - make sure you download the one for the latest patch.
Step 2 - Place the acceptable Strings_LANGUAGE_COUNTRY.package file into your installation folder.
Step 3 - Open The Registry Editor/Regedit
- Search for 'regedit' in the Start menu.
Step 4 - Change The Sims 4 Locale
- In the registry editor go to this location:
- 32-bit Users: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Maxis -> The Sims 4
- 64-bit Users: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Wow6432Node -> Maxis -> The Sims 4
- Change the 'Locale' tag with your wanted language:
- Czech: cs_CZ
- Danish: da_DK
- German: de_DE
- English: en_US
- Spanish: es_ES
- Finnish: fi_FI
- French: fr_FR
- Italian: it_IT
- Japanese: ja_JP
- Korean: ko_KR
- Dutch: nl_NL
- Norwegian: no_NO
- Polish: pl_PL
- Portuguese (Brazil): pt_BR
- Russian: ru_RU
- Swedish: sv_SE
- Chinese (Traditional): zh_TW
- I will be changing my game to Spanish, so I will use "es_ES" in the 'Locale' tag.
Step 5 - Close out of the Registry Editor
Step 6 - Launch The Sims 4
- Launching The Sims 4 will act like you just installed it, you can move your saves & mods only to the new documents folder.

I got the russian/polish/tjec game edition, i've buyed this '' Deluxe edition'' in the Netherlands, , i want to change the language from polish to English (the game is region locked) and when i drop the Strings_ENG-US.package in the map "D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Data\Client" and then delete the polish version i will get a error in a polish language.... My wife wanna play the sims but yea i've tried everything to get this game working
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 9:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by knipknap
I got the russian/polish/tjec game edition, i've buyed this '' Deluxe edition'' in the Netherlands, , i want to change the language from polish to English (the game is region locked) and when i drop the Strings_ENG-US.package in the map "D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Data\Client" and then delete the polish version i will get a error in a polish language.... My wife wanna play the sims but yea i've tried everything to get this game working

I'm sure this guide is outdated. Try this one instead Hope this helps!
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 8:44 AM Last edited by Catlover070904 : 7th Feb 2018 at 8:45 AM. Reason: spelling error
Quote: Originally posted by reddragon14

Except that doesn't help at all, when English isn't an option. I didn't realise when I got the game it wouldn't have English as an option, and I am nowhere near Europe (I live in South Africa). I just want to play The Sims 4 in English, is that too much to ask for??

Dean Winchester: What's a P.A.?
Sam Winchester: I think it's kinda like a slave.
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 5:12 PM

out of curious, where's the "installation folder"?
is it game / bin? (basically where the .exe's are?)
Field Researcher
#11 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by reddragon14

Actionly this helped me, so thanks a lot for the link
Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd Dec 2019 at 3:33 PM
Wasn't sure where to put this but as someone who wasn't able to use any of the tutorials I tried, I found a "language-changer" executable in Program Files/The Sims 4. Hadn't even thought to check!