Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 6:43 AM Last edited by Lavaster : 28th Aug 2011 at 4:21 AM.
Default What Is Your Wand Made Out Of?
You can take online quizzes for these, but I always get (for the core) either veela hair, phoenix feather, or dragon heartstring. Typically my wand is 9 inches and made from Holly (Tinne). (I have no idea what that means; I just got it off from a quiz on Quibblo, LOL. But it's got a TON of possible answers, check it out. )

Or, if you don't want to take a quiz, what would you imagine your wand would be?
And if that answer doesn't please you although it suits you well, what type of wand do you WANT?
EDIT: My wand is Holly, Phoenix Feather (or Dragon Heartstring), 11 inches. I would say 14 inches, but the more similar I am to Harry, the happier I am I got that off several quizzes.

ENTJ
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 8:42 PM
14 Inch, Yew wand with a Dragon Heartstring core.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 11:09 PM
Oak wand with a dragon heartstring core at 10 3/4 inches.

Neato. I'd be the less amazing wizard ever but at least I'd have a wand.

Dedicated to Tuning and Tweaking the Sims 3
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 12:25 PM
9 inch, willow, with a core of Veela hair. I did a couple of different quizzes, one which told me the length and wood, another which gave me the core. I like that the latter gave a core other than the ones used at Ollivander's.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 7:23 PM
15inch,oak with a phoenix feather.
Instructor
#6 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 9:27 PM
Elder (Ruis) Dragon Heartstring 9 3/4 inches, from your quiz Lavaster.

"A very powerful wand capable of great destruction and death. But also a great wand for transfigurations and for healers. The wand of any ambitious and powerful person."
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 11:08 AM
I just found out through Pottermore that my wand is made of redwood, with a phoenix feather core and measures thirteen and a quarter inches :D
Scholar
#8 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 11:23 PM
Reed with Dragon heartstring 10 inches

"The wand of a person who conects himself with life, but can also take life if need be. A powerful wand that is good for transfigurations and for a care of magical creatures class."

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Where I've been hiding...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 7:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PixCii
I just found out through Pottermore that my wand is made of redwood, with a phoenix feather core and measures thirteen and a quarter inches :D

I want Pottermore to be open already!

ENTJ
Test Subject
#10 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 12:55 PM
10' Willow and Phoenix feather
Scholar
#11 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 5:29 PM
Just got another wand on a harry potter site via answering 3 questions

11.5" Ivy wand with Demiguise hair
*so cool*

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Where I've been hiding...
Scholar
#12 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 8:49 PM
Willow=
psychic
inspired imagination
Unicorn hair=
freedom
independance
Wand=
Flexible wand good for the needs of Divination. It is great for those who's minds are free to explore the unknown realms of the psyche

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 9:22 PM
Just got my wand on Pottermore:
Redwood with unicorn core, twelve and a quarter inches, hard.
Lovely. :D

Don't you wanna fly so high above the clouds and trees,
Learn a thing from birds and bees ,
See the morning rise over the ocean up ahead?

tumblr|lastfm
Scholar
#14 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 7:39 PM
According to Pottermore:

Ash with unicorn core, thirteen and three quarter inches, unyielding

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Field Researcher
#15 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 11:38 PM
Pottermore says: elder with dragon core, 13'', hard. Not what I was expecting - thought I'd get something like ebony, and rowan's my Celtic calendar wood - but having an elder wand is pretty freakin' awesome. It would be fairly cool if Pottermore decided to sell customized wands.

The wandlore on Pottermore is one of my absolute favorite parts of the site. All the new information about the different types of wood and cores - I love it even more than the information about some of the characters.
Test Subject
#16 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 11:32 AM
so sad i didn't get into pottermore.
but i did that quiz and my wand is apparently a "Elder (Ruis) Dragon Heartstring 9 3/4 inches".
pretty cool, dragons are sick.
Test Subject
#17 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 3:02 PM
Lavaster's quiz said i'd have "Elder (Ruis) Dragon Heartstring 9 3/4 inches" and of course the wand picks the wizard/witch... if i had my pick though i'd likely go with a hard cherry, phoenix feather, 11 inches
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 5:45 PM
Pottermore says it's: 9 3/4, Silver Lime, Dragon Core, Slightly Yielding

Life Stage: Young Adult

Traits: Artistic, Bookworm, Dog Person, Over-Emotional, Good

LTW: Master of the Arts
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 1:39 AM
Hawthorn (Huath) phoenix feather 9 inches is what I got, hmm, interesting.

♂ + ♂ = ♥ - ♀ + ♀ = ♥ - ♀ + ♂ = ♥
I am a rebel, I don't deny it, but I'm the good kind, the good rebel!
Test Subject
#20 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 11:56 AM Last edited by Arigatou : 21st Oct 2012 at 12:56 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lavaster
You can take online quizzes for these, but I always get (for the core) either veela hair, phoenix feather, or dragon heartstring. Typically my wand is 9 inches and made from Holly (Tinne). (I have no idea what that means; I just got it off from a quiz on Quibblo, LOL. But it's got a TON of possible answers, check it out. )

Or, if you don't want to take a quiz, what would you imagine your wand would be?
And if that answer doesn't please you although it suits you well, what type of wand do you WANT?
EDIT: My wand is Holly, Phoenix Feather (or Dragon Heartstring), 11 inches. I would say 14 inches, but the more similar I am to Harry, the happier I am I got that off several quizzes.

According to the mentioned's site(see quote), I would get a Hazel (Coll) Phoenix 14 1/3 inches wand...

In Pottermore, however, I would get

Length: 11 1/2 in
Wood: Hawthorn
Core: Unicorn
Flexibility: Quite Flexible
Mad Poster
#21 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 1:52 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 2nd May 2014 at 12:49 AM.
Living this topic up a little...

At pottermore, mine is

Length: 10 in
Wood: Spruce
Flexibility: Unyielding

The description is quite interesting... Very spot-on, to be honest...
Forum Resident
#22 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 6:34 PM
From Pottermore my wand is:

Length: 11 1/2 inches
Wood: Pine
Flexibility: Hard