Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 3:35 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Raining inside buidling depsite roof
Hello Everyone,

I made a restaurant community lot and used the modular staircase that came with H&M, however, whenever it rains, it seems to rain inside the building, just in area at which the staircase is. So .

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 8:37 PM
Did you use CFE at all? CFE is known for causing weather problems.

Have you got floor tiles under the roof? If not, try adding them.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Did you use CFE at all? CFE is known for causing weather problems.

Have you got floor tiles under the roof? If not, try adding them.

No, I'm not using CFE ATM, and the roof is a deck/balcony actually above the place, but there no bowling alleys or hot-tubs or anything that causes the ceiling to be penetrable, only some benches, telescopes, streetlights. It only rains where the stairs are placed, which is like 4x2 tiles on the left and right, H&M stairs.

Also, these stairs don't lead to the top of the restaurant, it leads to 3rd floor, where there is a door that leads you to balcony, and from the balcony, you can go up the stairs placed outside to the extreme top. To summarize, the area above the stairs is covered.
Site Helper
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 10:16 PM
It looks like everyone is stumped. Perhaps you'd like to share your lot, so that we can examine it in more detail?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Site Helper
#6 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 1:16 PM
Another thing that can help you to find the problem area: lock existing roofs and then click on one of the auto-roof options. Look to see where the game added a new roof.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 5:58 PM
Okay, I finally got the pics:

Ground floor:

First floor:

Second

Third

Roof tops:

The area the the stair cases occupy, 2x4, allow rain to fall through inside.
Screenshots
Site Helper
#8 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 6:36 PM
I doubt this will help, but have you tried making a landing area so that the stairs that are going up to the roof from the ground don't cut out a 1x1 square at that corner?
I would have expected that if the hole there made a difference then that would be where the leak is, but this is EA we're talking about.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I doubt this will help, but have you tried making a landing area so that the stairs that are going up to the roof from the ground don't cut out a 1x1 square at that corner?
I would have expected that if the hole there made a difference then that would be where the leak is, but this is EA we're talking about.

I understand what you're saying, but that 1 tile square you're talking about is outside the building, the balcony near the stairs is hanging on columns. Either way, it has nothing to do with it since it is far away from the staircases inside.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 8:18 PM
I wonder if it could be just a glitch in your own game. Have you uploaded the lot some place so we could test it out?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#11 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 1:43 AM