Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 8:00 PM
Default Plain AF Leotard NOT on EA mesh
So I've been trying to chase down a something that leaves some meshes with pixel holes in the bust on AF meshes. It's reached the point that it looks like it's something in the actual game files (you can see the conversation in the stupid/random questions thread, if you like).

I can pull one mesh entirely (it's a pre-order), another (afbodyexercise) I've found a default for which uses a different mesh. I'm now trying to find a default of the Freetime Adult Female ballet outfit that is a leotard that is not on the EA mesh, or alternatively a nicely meshed AF leotard, not a costume, but a practice leo-a small skirt is fine, which I could default.

Any ideas?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 8:52 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 6th Apr 2019 at 9:29 PM.
Making a default for this makes no difference if it is ON the EA mesh...because since it would be a default, the mesh that would be used would not be EA's....regardless of if you used it or not.
Lemme try something.

Here, try this.
I made a default, and replaced the Black with a Tan color, and the Pink with a White color.(just so you can identify them easy)
I also included both original Black and Pink as recolors.(the recolors are available for Athletic as well...because I thought the original was)
Let's see if this is still hole-lee.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Default_afBodyLeotardSimple_By_Rosie.zip (543.3 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 10:18 PM
Do you have a picture of these holes? I have yet to see a picture of it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 10:24 PM
You saw it, but it was a bit dark and too small..it happens on a few of her outfits.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...718#post5513718

Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 10:41 PM
I can't remember having seen "holes" in any of the orignal TS2 meshes.

It's difficult to see anything in that picture, but is it possible the problem is with the game settings? Maybe they're too low.

Could also be you've got mesh replacements that are incompatible with each other (morph additions combined with a default replacement that adjusts the UVmapping, for instance). Easiest way to check this out would be to (take a backup first) pull out all your CC and see if it makes a difference. If that fixes the problem, you may get results doing a 50/50 search for the problem items.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
You saw it, but it was a bit dark and too small..it happens on a few of her outfits.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...718#post5513718

I should have done this when I first saw that screenshot, but my computer with the photo editing stuff is at the other end of the house and I don't have a network and I'm lazy. Excuses, excuses...

Anyway, I loaded Sunbee's screenshot into my trusty old copy of Paintshop Pro and raised all the levels a bit. See if this helps. You can see that "something" is poking through the dress around the collar and bustline area.

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 10:58 PM
It looks more like a graphical or mesh error. A default replacement is probably not going to fix it if there's an underlying problem.

Sunbee, do you have a higher resolution picture of the problem (A full screenshot/Printscreen would be ideal)? Maybe a few more close-up examples with different outfits?

You may also want to delete the 2-4 cache files. They can sometimes cause weirdness with CAS meshes and textures, particularly if they're not removed after a mesh/texture edit (the old version sometimes lags behind if you put the new edit onto sims who have already worn the old version, and can cause anything from the wrong texture showing to exploding meshes - even though the items really are working fine. I've seen several examples of that in my own game, even one mesh/recolor that would look fine on one sim but explode on another in the same game session). You should always delete the cache files after changing CAS default replacements or after editing a CAS mesh or recolor, to avoid this issue.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
It looks more like a graphical or mesh error. A default replacement is probably not going to fix it if there's an underlying problem.

If it is her version of the meshes in her game files, then yes..my default would be fine.
If it is a problem with game settings quality, or rendering..then my default won't change anything. We are at the testing stage..
None of the EA meshes have holes in them for me either, but SunBee's game files might have problems.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Making a default for this makes no difference if it is ON the EA mesh...because since it would be a default, the mesh that would be used would not be EA's....regardless of if you used it or not.
Lemme try something.

Here, try this.
I made a default, and replaced the Black with a Tan color, and the Pink with a White color.(just so you can identify them easy)
I also included both original Black and Pink as recolors.(the recolors are available for Athletic as well...because I thought the original was)
Let's see if this is still hole-lee.

*steals the white and tan recolours*
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 1:55 AM
Oh that picture.Yeah, that was way too small and dark for a blind bat like me to see. I thought it was a black dress with some kind of white pattern.

@Sunbee what are your computer specs?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 2:14 AM
@Charity
You will find out that you must open the Default package, if you want to steal the tan and White recolors.
help yourself!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 2:22 AM Last edited by Sunbee : 8th Apr 2019 at 2:42 AM.
Ok, let's see if this shows.

This is a cropped print screen from AGS, my almost empty building game, with Rosebine's new default dropped in. Cropped because it's a windowed game, which makes all the layout weird in CAS.

For some reason the leotards are appearing at the front of the clothing with the cc star here.

Thanks all of you for helping with this.

Edit for specs: Windows 7 64 bit
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200 @2.33 GHz
4.00 GB RAM
Paging File 6142 MB
ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series

What am I missing from specs? I did do all the manual editing so the game would use my graphics card. I think I did it right.

Further Edit: Note that with the default in, the colors are not what they should be defaulted to be. They are still black and pink. They're just in front as cc instead of under Freetime outfits, and there are no leotards in the Freetime part of the catalog, so if I understand what I'm looking at, these are the copies Rosebine made of the originals, and the defaults just made the outfit vanish?
Screenshots

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#13 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 3:04 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 8th Apr 2019 at 3:19 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
For some reason the leotards are appearing at the front of the clothing with the cc star here.

What am I missing from specs? I did do all the manual editing so the game would use my graphics card. I think I did it right.

Further Edit: Note that with the default in, the colors are not what they should be defaulted to be. They are still black and pink. They're just in front as cc instead of under Freetime outfits, and there are no leotards in the Freetime part of the catalog, so if I understand what I'm looking at, these are the copies Rosebine made of the originals, and the defaults just made the outfit vanish?

The ones in front and with stars are the recolors I made, using the original default colors. This is why there is one pink and one black.
The defaulted ones should be tan and white, and should appear under Everyday, not Athletic. But defaulted or not, there are still holes in them...so it has to be your graphics, as other mentioned.
There really is something going on, because in my game, my default replace the black with tan and the pink with white.
I put it back in to take this picture.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#14 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 8:36 AM
Can you take a picture of your ingame graphic settings?

Also, have you tried moving out all your CC to see if that makes a difference? My thinking is that there might be another default replacement or mesh fix that interferes with your game, possibly messing with some LOD meshes if your graphics aren't set to high.

You don't happen to have a mod/meshfix that adds pregmorphs to adult female clothing, do you? I don't know if it could cause issues like this, so just checking, since I do have it but I've never tried with lower settings. It could explain why only AF clothes are affected, if your game tries to show the LOD but the mod tries to show the high-def, and they don't match up. Meshes and morphs that don't match can cause meshes to appear to have holes in them if there are only a few differences between the main mesh and the morph (or fully "explode" into a pixellated mess when changing the morph if the vertices don't match up at all).
Mad Poster
#15 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 9:44 AM
That is weird. I downloaded Rosebine's DR as well and mine show up fine with no holes.