Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 11:50 PM
Tips for a veggie going vegan
Hey fellow veggies

Im attempting to go vegan after 10 years of being vegetarian, i was wondering if anyone had any tips? Or website suggestions for recipes etc (pref UK ones).

Im planning on easing myself in by just havin vegan dinners for now, untill i can find a substitute for cheese cos i swear i have that on everything!

-and in that moment, i was infinate.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 2:22 PM
I tried going vegan once, lasted a few months before I caved in. I had the same problem as you, I rely heavily on cheese in my meals! I've never actually tried vegan cheese, but I have a vegan friend who buys cheese from this website. No idea how similar it tastes to the actual thing though, but I guess any substitute is worth a try! I'm sure there are plenty of websites selling vegan cheese though.

Also, I used to buy stuff from the (incredibly small) vegan section of Tesco sometimes. I can't for the life of me remember the brand, but they do really nice biscuits and these creamy desserts which you'd never even realize were vegan if you didn't know.

I definitely thinking easing yourself in is the way to go though. That's probably where I went wrong last time. It's such an extreme change, even from being a vegetarian. And check out the Vegan Society website and the BBC Good Food website - lots of recipes to try!

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 6:37 PM
ahah yer im the same i literally put cheese on everything it just makes everything taste better lol. Thank you for the links! I'm defo going to have to have a little vegan cheese tasting session this week see which ones i like best, ive ordered a few

Tesco do a pretty good vegetarian range of their own brand so im hoping i can find some vegan stuff there! Going to go and have a look tommorrow

Thanks for the reply, will defo check them sites out

-and in that moment, i was infinate.
Test Subject
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 4:21 PM
Perfect Italiano - Mozzarella Cheese. Mozzarella cheese always seems to be vegetarian.
Scholar
#5 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 10:31 AM
Redwoods is great for vegan cheese (I was also a cheese lover before going vegan!). There's quite a few different flavours, they're great :D

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog