Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UI Cheats Extension v1.15.1 for Legacy Edition

by weerbesu Posted 1st Jul 2015 at 12:43 AM - Updated 17th Aug 2022 at 12:31 PM by weerbesu

3357 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2032 Feedback Posts, 1324 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 74 of 135
Lab Assistant
#1826 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 9:08 PM
The only issues I seem to have is that randomly, when right clicking to set relationship values, the game will crash. I'll get the "The Sims 4 has stopped working..." message. Take just a bit ago for instance. I was able to edit a relationship just fine and when I went to the second sim panel, it crashed. No rhyme, no reason. It picks and chooses when to crash my game. LOL!

I am patched up to 1.37.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  lastCrash_63650091831.7z (31.8 KB, 111 downloads)

*Newness coming.....*
Lab Assistant
#1827 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PiperK1980
The only issues I seem to have is that randomly, when right clicking to set relationship values, the game will crash. I'll get the "The Sims 4 has stopped working..." message. Take just a bit ago for instance. I was able to edit a relationship just fine and when I went to the second sim panel, it crashed. No rhyme, no reason. It picks and chooses when to crash my game. LOL!

I am patched up to 1.37.

same here.
Scholar
#1828 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 9:59 AM Last edited by Morphar : 28th Dec 2017 at 10:09 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Dwjlien
OK cool ty, even the instructions for this very file say you dont have to do that, so strange.

Here is an explanation:
When you unzip this file there are one .package file and a .ts4script file. The .ts4script file is really a zip file but the extension is renamed so that users can not unzip it by mistake.
To check that it is so you can change the extension to .zip and unzip it and read the content.It contains files with extensions .pyo and maybe .py. The .py is the Python language file that you can read with Notepad. It is the source code for the script while .pyo is the compiled code used by the game. Not all script files have .py included.

The instructions says exactly how to install this mod.
Quote:
To install, extract the zip file and place both the .package file and the .ts4script file in your mods folder.

Before the extension .ts4script was introduced, script files was .zip and caused problems as you could not be sure how to handle it. You my have read an old instruction from that time.
Test Subject
#1829 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 2:05 PM
Am I imagining things or has the career advancing cheat option and the hidden menu been removed from this?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1830 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PiperK1980

I am patched up to 1.37.

The UI is a part of the game's client and is indeed able to crash the game. That being said, I was not able to reproduce the issue (I edited about 20 relationships in a row, across 5 different Sims in the household) and the crash log isn't readable by anyone but the developers.

Quote: Originally posted by Lyra74
Am I imagining things or has the career advancing cheat option and the hidden menu been removed from this?

Make sure you read this mod's description in case you're confusing this mod with another mod. All features of this mod are performed by clicking on the UI. Anything that involves clicking on a Sim or an object is definitely a different mod.

ΔΤΔ
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1831 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 11:38 PM
thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1832 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 7:39 PM
Thank you, it helps me a lot, when I play Sims
Test Subject
#1833 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyra74

yeah, same...
Test Subject
#1834 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 8:09 PM
Thank you for making this MOD. Won't play The Sims without it. I also am having the crash when I alter a relationship. I am forced to change those in MCCC. UI Cheats is so much easier but I get that crash since v1.9. I am fully patched.
Test Subject
#1835 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 8:26 PM
The mod works great. But it is now conflicting with the pets dlc. Parts of the UI inside the game are missing or not functioning.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1836 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 8:28 PM
My game quit working everytime using this mod!
Scholar
#1837 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 9:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Torani
My game quit working everytime using this mod!

Explain "quit working". Do the game not even start? Can't you not enter a houshold? Does it crash during play?
Be more specific, please.

As a reference, it works for me.
Test Subject
#1838 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
Here is an explanation:
[... snip ...]
Before the extension .ts4script was introduced, script files was .zip and caused problems as you could not be sure how to handle it. You my have read an old instruction from that time.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write that, makes so much more sense now, cheers!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1839 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 8:58 PM
Thank you so much! I've been looking for cheats that WORKED for ever! ;)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1840 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 3:23 PM
Hey. i just registrated especially to ask if you are going to make an updat for the version 1.37.35.1010 of the game. Thank you for creating this in the first place.. even if i cant use it :P
Test Subject
#1841 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 3:32 PM
Here is an explanation:
When you unzip this file there are one .package file and a .ts4script file. The .ts4script file is really a zip file but the extension is renamed so that users can not unzip it by mistake.
To check that it is so you can change the extension to .zip and unzip it and read the content.It contains files with extensions .pyo and maybe .py. The .py is the Python language file that you can read with Notepad. It is the source code for the script while .pyo is the compiled code used by the game. Not all script files have .py included.

The instructions says exactly how to install this mod.

So, if u still have the patience.. can you explain to me how can i use the UI EXTENSION with the version 1.37.35.1010 of the game? or if it is possibile, it's actually working but only the add 1000$ feature.
Test Subject
#1842 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 11:04 PM
Forgive me if I am dumb, but I don't know how to check my patches. But does this work with Cats & Dogs?
Test Subject
#1843 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 11:25 PM
Do i download all the links or just the most recent one?
Test Subject
#1844 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 12:50 PM
Default Matching Patch
Quote: Originally posted by ingridbrewste
Do i download all the links or just the most recent one?

Ingrid, download only the patch that matches your game version... look for the matching one in the Files tab.

To check your game version go to:
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
and open GameVersion.txt

I hope that helps.
Scholar
#1845 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zephiel
So, if u still have the patience.. can you explain to me how can i use the UI EXTENSION with the version 1.37.35.1010 of the game? or if it is possibile, it's actually working but only the add 1000$ feature.

Where in the Mods folder have you stored the mod? As it now contains a .ts4script file you can only have the mod in a folder in the Mods folder. Not deeper.
Test Subject
#1846 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 2:43 PM
Where in the Mods folder have you stored the mod? As it now contains a .ts4script file you can only have the mod in a folder in the Mods folder. Not deeper.

Screenshot
https://imgur.com/a/anthx

I also extracted the .pyo file just to be sure... only thing i can do with this extension is add 1000$ each click.. when i right click on skills or traits it opens the box but no effect.

Thank you for replying and please tell me if i just have to wait for another version of the ui extension.. hopefully there will be one.
Test Subject
#1847 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 2:51 PM

THANK YOU. Now its working. "in a folder in the Mods folder" were the magic words. the files were in the main mods folder. thats why it wasnt working. Thanks again, you were very helpful.
Scholar
#1848 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 10:00 AM
THANK YOU. Now its working. "in a folder in the Mods folder" were the magic words. the files were in the main mods folder. thats why it wasnt working. Thanks again, you were very helpful.

It can be stored directly in the Mods folder too but not two folders deeper.
I don't know how you could unzip the .pyo file either. You can't and you shouldn't unzip the .ts4script file at all.

Unzip the downloaded file and put both the .package and .ts4script files either direct in Mods folder but not more than one folder deep.

I put both files in this folder created by 7-zip:
The Sims 4\Mods\MTS_weerbesu_1729947_UI_Cheats_Extension_v1.10
Test Subject
#1849 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 10:56 AM
It can be stored directly in the Mods folder too but not two folders deeper.
I don't know how you could unzip the .pyo file either. You can't and you shouldn't unzip the .ts4script file at all.

Unzip the downloaded file and put both the .package and .ts4script files either direct in Mods folder but not more than one folder deep.

I put both files in this folder created by 7-zip:
The Sims 4\Mods\MTS_weerbesu_1729947_UI_Cheats_Extension_v1.10

i extended the file name to UI_Cheats_Extension_Scripts.ts4script.rar.. just to be sure :P

anyway for me it wasnt working because i put the files in the main mods folder.. now its ok thanks again.
Field Researcher
#1850 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 1:48 PM
i extended the file name to UI_Cheats_Extension_Scripts.ts4script.rar.. just to be sure :P

anyway for me it wasnt working because i put the files in the main mods folder.. now its ok thanks again.

That's not the reason the Mod didn't work. The Mod can be directly in the main Mods folder or one sub-folder deep.

The reason it's working for you now is because the UI_Cheats_Extension_Scripts.ts4script.rar (the one you extended the file name of) doesn't do anything (as if it isn't even there). You shouldn't have 3 files for this Mod; you should have just 2 files - the .ts4script & .package files. You shouldn't extract anything out of the .ts4script file. The UI_Cheats_Extension_v1.10.package and UI_Cheats_Extension_Scripts.ts4script are the only files that should be in the Mods folder.

So to recap, the correct way of installing the Mod - download v1.10; open/unzip the downloaded file and then put the .package and .ts4script files in the Mods folder. That's it. You shouldn't extract any other files out the .ts4script file.
Page 74 of 135