Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 8:22 PM
How I do not miss menstruation...

Thanks, hysterectomy!
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
While I totally understand why this topic went the way it did, could you stay on topic please? If you want to discuss any further though, I would recommend making a thread in our off-topic discussion forum: http://www.modthesims.info/fd.php?f=580

Thank you!

Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
I'm done with this conversation.

But thanks for the offer!

I like the idea of this mod, though I'm still iffy on having infertile as a reward trait. Since both cheats and mods exist to add or remove hidden traits. But hey, whatever is easier I guess.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 1:38 PM
I don't really want to join or restart a conversation about the infertile reward as such, but guys, I'm a bit confused here. Isn't there already the option - albeit perhaps more gently worded - when you make a sim? You know, the box where you check whether your sim will be able to make other sims pregnant, become pregnant, or neither. Wouldn't the "neither" have the same effect? Or am I just truly as lost on this topic as I feel?

Also, this is just me, but I can think of few things I would want in my game LESS than menstruation in any kind or form. Nope, not ever. Nor would I want to trade the pregnancy system already in the game for what is described here to be honest. Still, whatever floats your boat and all.
Test Subject
#29 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Except every woman experiences cramps differently? I know some women who are mildly discomforted and others who literally need to down an entire bottle of painkillers just to get through it. My ex would actually be extra pleasant and friendly to everyone when on PMS, but once her period started she turned into a raving lunatic. But hey, according to the agrees and disagrees, everyone assumes that every single woman is exactly the same and absolutely nothing they experience can have any form of individual variation. so, congrats on being identical I guess! I'm done with this conversation.

I'm only referencing the psychological negative effects of PMS, not the physical effects of having a period. There is a difference, and obviously some women have awful cramps. I'm only saying for the average woman, this is the way it plays out. Having extremely painful periods is another medical condition entirely, and not one I was referring to. No one is saying people are identical, but there is a consistency within the human reproductive system. I'm not talking about outliers, I'm simply trying to offer information from a medical perspective that might help the modder if they wish to go with that level of realism.
Test Subject
#30 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KuraiWolfy
Well aren't you lucky not having to deal with bad periods. I, as well as my mother and two of my best friends, experience horrible cramping during periods that's so painful its hard to move around much. Going through a lot of pain and/or heavy blood flow is a normal period for some women, and I hate it when the ones lucky enough not to have ones that bad think they're faking it because we're not. I hate attention, and I sure as hell wouldn't want attention for bleeding out of my vagina and having cramps.

Lol did you read my post? I have PMDD - I've been hospitalized for a suicide attempt because of it. And again, I'm not talking about cramps or physical symptoms whilst on one's period, I'm referring strictly to PMS and how the decrease in hormones take their effect. Severe pain during a period is not often normal, if you genuinely have symptoms that affect your life, you need to see a doctor for it. Like I mentioned earlier, having periods so painful you genuinely need time off work/school, regularily have to cancel social plans, that could be caused by a very real disorder called endometriosis, and there is treatment available. I'm not trying to judge anyone, just offering my two cents on how the mod could look more realistic.
Theorist
#31 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ryûchan
I don't really want to join or restart a conversation about the infertile reward as such, but guys, I'm a bit confused here. Isn't there already the option - albeit perhaps more gently worded - when you make a sim? You know, the box where you check whether your sim will be able to make other sims pregnant, become pregnant, or neither. Wouldn't the "neither" have the same effect? Or am I just truly as lost on this topic as I feel?

o.o ... oh yeah...
Test Subject
#32 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neeri
Hi guys, thanks for the suggestions! Here is what has been added to the mod so far (this is the latest build only available to patreon users, as far as I know, but it makes it to the general public pretty quick)

Added initial Menstrual Cycle System (unfinished)
• Disabled by default in this release. It will be enabled by default once complete
• Every Sim capable of birth has its own unique menstrual cycle
• Cramps Moodlet - do you feel like someone is violently squeezing your insides?
• On Period Moodlets
Sad? Dazed? Stressed? Angry? Or simply uncomfortable?
• Fertility Awareness Test - what are my chances for a baby?
- Take the 'Fertility Awareness Test' available on any toilet
• Added 'Unfertile' reward trait for Sims that don't want to get pregnant
- Costs 500 Satisfaction Points
• Made male Sims fertility affected by age
• Made the 'Fertile' trait increase pregnancy chances by 20%
• Made vampires gain more desire towards Sims on their period

The Menstrual Cycle System is not yet finished, but it can be enabled in settings. Blood, Miscarriage, better Pregnancy Termination, Birth Control Pills, better Condoms and a lot of tiny details are coming in the next update.

• Added 'Pregnancy Duration' setting
- If you're using MCCC, consider setting both for the same number of days
• Made Sims undress their top when breastfeeding
• Made Sims waters break when about to give birth

These are few details that make pregnancy-related interactions more interesting and there is more to come.

Thanks to TurboDriver. Just wanted to let you know what is going on in the mod, this guy amazes me with his abilities and it adds so much to the game it's crazy.

How do I enable it in settings ?
Forum Resident
#33 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lul’peanut
How do I enable it in settings ?

How did you even find this thread...?

There no download here enable what settings?

FOR THE HORDE
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 11:36 PM
It's a nice a mod, and it's nice to have a discussion of it here.

Personally, I would really like to see pregnancy buffs with flavors other than happy triggered in specific situations:
(1) The buff for pregnant teens should probably be embarrassed or tense, definitely something negative instead of happy. The parental reaction is great, but if you can add that, then it would make more sense to have negative moodlets for each trimester for teens, even if they don't dislike children.
(2) If the expectant mother has a really negative (like, enemies territory) relationship with the expectant father, I think a sad or angry buff would be appropriate (again, even if the mother doesn't dislike kids). Or if they were a couple and break up, etc.

I'm also a little iffy on infertility as a reward trait, though frankly I assume anyone sophisticated enough to use this kind of mod is also sophisticated enough to add traits in other ways.

For stretch marks, I'm pretty sure someone made a bunch of options and posted them here--pretty sure they're categorized under tatoos. It would be super cool if the mod added them automatically, though.

Also, am I right in thinking that miscarriage is not included in the current (public) version? I didn't see tuning options for it when I went through the settings.
Inventor
#35 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arithmancer
Also, am I right in thinking that miscarriage is not included in the current (public) version? I didn't see tuning options for it when I went through the settings.

Nope, it is already in public version. In one of my previous families, with a bit older version of WW my pregnant sim had 'cramps and pain' or smth like that and got notification that she should go to hospital, so I've sent her, and after some time she came back and everyone in household were happy that baby is safe.
Instructor
#36 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 5:06 PM
Real periods are bad enough. I'll die before I put my poor little Sims through the same suffering.

Besides, if I wanted them to suffer, I'd just lock them in a cage or force them to eat animal crackers all day!

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Scholar
#37 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 7:35 PM
Um, I just wish he code in some Pamprin or Midol...
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 10:20 PM
Oh wow, interesting to find people talking about this on MTS. Thank you for the feedback, there is plenty of stuff I want to change after the initial implementation.
I'm thinking about moving all of the period moodlets and turning them into PMS moodlets, and then after implementing tampons and pads, adding blood (period) related moodlets instead. More towards realism and adding more depth to the gameplay.
Scholar
#39 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 11:47 PM
Holy **** I missed Shimegi mansplaining what periods are like and how they work to actual women

I already experienced miscarriage in my game without any mods!
Theorist
#40 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Holy **** I missed Shimegi mansplaining what periods are like and how they work to actual women

o.o does it count as mansplaining if you still have your own vagina? Or do I need to transplain it, too?
Scholar
#41 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 4:22 PM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 26th Feb 2018 at 6:52 PM.
Waaaait... are you actually trans, because I had no idea nor got that impression from your previous posts. Sorry, if you are and I assumed incorrectly...

Some of the other responses about periods seemed a little hostile towards other "cis"woman that it sounded like a "cis" male speaking. (I also don't agree that period blood is "old". If it's brown, yes.)
But whatever, if I'm wrong about you, I apologize.

Sorry for going off topic, I won't respond here again.
Theorist
#42 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Waaaait... are you actually trans, because I had no idea nor got that impression from your previous posts. Sorry, if you are and I assumed incorrectly...

Some of the other responses about periods seemed a little hostile towards other "cis"woman that it sounded like a "cis" male speaking. (I also don't agree that period blood is "old". If it's brown, yes.)
But whatever, if I'm wrong about you, I apologize.

Sorry for going off topic, I won't respond here again.

Well I make it a point not to talk about or mention being trans because it makes me extremely uncomfortable and I don't consider myself trans. I only speak up about it when I need to justify my right to have an opinion or speak words to people who seem to think you need specific qualifications.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 12:42 AM
I love Turbo's wickedwoo hoo, but it causes a lot of orange warning errors, in particular when custom traits are added.
Page 2 of 2