Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#201 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 2:39 AM
i have SimPE but i dont know how to use it. can someone help me?
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#202 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 4:54 AM
Simboy 100, you first need to let us know what you want to do with SimPE. There are so many things you can do with it that you can't really have a general tutorial for all of that. You need to be more specific.
Test Subject
#203 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 1:27 AM
I hope this is the right place to ask? I have tried to find tutorials on creating neighbourhood objects, but nothing yet. Any pointers in the right direction would be wonderful. I have done simple recolours for objects and clothes, (sadly nothing worthy of uploading) this is where i would like to go next. When making movies and picture stories, I find to pad out the hood these items look better when in lot, than other self builds. So why not have a go myself. You never know might do something worthy...
So again any suggestion would be very welcome.

Fran25
The ModFather
retired moderator
#204 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 12:10 AM
You are right, there is no tutorial for NH objects.
You can follow this tutorial over at SimPE site: it's about fences, but the procedure is exactly the same (it's actually easier: NH objects have only 1 mesh, while fences have three...)

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#205 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 2:20 AM
Thank you for your prompt reply. Off to have a go. For a very technically challenged person Sims is forcing otherwise lol.

Fran25
Test Subject
#206 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 10:10 PM Last edited by cerulean blue : 27th Feb 2007 at 10:13 PM. Reason: forgot to mention....
Default not sure im using these the right way
Ok, well i made 2 attempts today to create my own objects..first i have to say, Wings is much easier to understand then blender...second, the version of SimPE i got from here does not resemble to SimPE in the tutorial...example, when we are told to select object workshop from the bottom of the screen, mine is not, it is in the menu at the top...
as well the gmdc and resource tree, do not come up the same..i have nothing called resource tree, and the gmdc i have to select along with the one under type, are all in the same place..did that make sense? do i have a later version of simpe?

anyway, i created the table or so i thought, when i went into sims to see it, it was there but it was a perfectly good table so i dont think i did anything..i think i cloned the table..and i dont know how to get textures..besides i know it wasnt my table coz i tried to color my table black..this one had a nice wood finish..

my second creation was the thirsty bath mat.the only things i succeeded in doing were making it slightly smaller, and slightly different in color...

so anyway, can anyone help me clear up any of these issues?
BTW i really hope i put this in the right place...
The ModFather
retired moderator
#207 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 11:34 PM
As for SimPE, don't download the old version here at MTS2: download the latest versions at sims.ambertation.de (it's offline in this moment, but it will be online tomorrow).

Regarding your problems with the table, please follow this tutorial and ask in that thread if you have problems.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#208 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 12:53 AM
how can i make cars and SUVs
The ModFather
retired moderator
#209 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 11:07 AM
Cars are hard to create; only average-to-high skilled creators should deal with them.
Anyway, here is a tutorial for cars: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=96995

Of course, it's not exactly a step-by-step tutorial, because, as said, it's not intended for newbies.

Test Subject
#210 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 11:11 AM
when you download think it the net. frame how long do it takes?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#211 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 11:37 AM
The .NET package is a *huge* download. I don't know which connection you have (dial-up, DSL etc.), so I can't answer to your question. But before you start downloading it, you will see a selector in the download page: select your type of connection, and it will predict how long the download will be.

Test Subject
#212 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 12:54 PM
Hey JWoods can we use Photoshop CS? Not CS2 cause I have that one...
The ModFather
retired moderator
#213 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 3:59 PM
I'm afraid JWoods won't answer in the immediate future :P
After hurricane Katrina he has basically abandoned his modding activity...

However, though I don't know the difference between CS and CS2, you can use any paint program, as long as it manages the PNG format (I'm quite sure that any version of Photoshop manages it quite well).

Test Subject
#214 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 6:56 AM
Thanx Numenor and I always liked your things! You rock keep all the good work see ya
Test Subject
#215 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 5:29 PM
I've seen diagonal objects done but I would like to know how to do them
There have been a few places that I have seen people who have positioned objects diagonally. I am working on a project for someone and would like to know if there is a way to do this, and if there are only certain objects that you can do this with?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Amanda
The ModFather
retired moderator
#216 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 9:40 PM
If you mean wall-mounted objects like doors and windows (but also paintings and any other thing that goes on a wall), follow this tutorial.

But if you are interested in placing diagonal objects on the ground, then you need to activate the cheat boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation true (only available from Nightlife on); once activated, you can rotate the objects before snapping them to the ground using the (comma) and (dot) keys, on european keyboards; or < and > on US keyboards.

Test Subject
#217 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 6:14 AM
Default help
when i try to read the file in word i only see weird symbols i dont know what to do!can someone help me out?

monkeyz and turkeyz in the
war of ultimate supremacy
Part-time Hermit
#218 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 8:31 AM
monkeyz_and_turkeyz, which file are you talking about? Because there are no files attached to this thread.
Test Subject
#219 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 5:11 PM
Default Have to say THANKS
Quote: Originally posted by Lethe_s
alphamale,
a good place to start would be the 'Start to finish object tutorial'
that's the first link under 'Tutorials' in the first post, called 'Object creation'.
if you already have the 3d models, just skip that part of the tut and go straight to 'uv-mapping' and beyond
there's a 3ds max tutorial here
and a little help thread on 3ds max here

i was looking for this "a long way in time" have to say thank you so much.
Banned
#220 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 9:05 PM
what can anim8or export?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#221 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 12:50 AM
It can export OBJ for sure; not sure what other formats it can handle. Anim8tor is not much used in the sims world...

Alchemist
#222 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 2:27 AM
They also claim .3DS format, which does support bones.

While I think something useful could be made with it for object meshing, it looks like it would take a lot of research and hard work to use it for body meshes, due to the way it defines the bones and skin weights.

<* Wes *>
Test Subject
#223 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 9:56 PM
thnx this is cool.

Live.. Laugh.. Injoy Life....
Test Subject
#224 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 12:14 PM
I have a question but I'm not sure where to post it. So I'm posting here since I'm new to creation I made six eye recolours... So now what? I want to upload them here so i can share them, but how do I get them in a package together and all that? :\

Is there a forum for discussion of this? If there is, I've missed it -_-
The ModFather
retired moderator
#225 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 1:00 PM
I suggest to put each of them in a different zip or RAR, with a descriptive name (some creators prefer to put multiple colours into the same ZIP, though). And then you upload the ZIP(s) to the forum, using the User Tools / Upload Item menu, located in the top-right corner of each page.
Please keep at hand some good screenshots of your eyes, and read the notes shown during the upload process.

Once uploaded, you have to patiently wait until the moderators don't approve your upload; only then, the eye recolours will appear in the Downloads forum.

Page 9 of 12