Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 3:39 AM
Default Adult / Teen Female Sims 3 clothing alignment pack PSD/PACKAGE. Version 1
I created this because I was having trouble getting that perfect alignment while customizing clothing items. This has helped me alot and hope you find it usefull as well. The shots below will give you a better example of what you will see when you use it.

In photoshop, you have 12 layers to enabled and disable, including the adult and teen skins. You will need to have the DDS plugins to export them for use in the game, and a good understanding on creating packages and getting them to work in your game. These are for texture replacements of the base textures for female adults and teens.

Create your new item, or modify an existing one using standard ways. Add the aftfBodyAlignmentGrid.package file to your packages folder, and use it to help align the new clothing or accessory in CAS. The default skin textures will be replaced. Grids are 5 x 5 and 20 x 20, both can be turned on and are marked with crisp letters and numbers down and accross to pinpoint where you need to have your items moved or adjusted.

When you are comfortable with your results, remove the aftfBodyAlignmentGrid.pacage file from your packages folder and it will revert back to the orignal sims textures.

Note: If you are using other packages that replace default textures, remove them temporarily during the alignment. Depending on the order the packages are loaded, one may supercede the other and the grid texture will not be viewable.

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  PSDBodyTemplate.rar (3.52 MB, 462 downloads) - View custom content
Description: PSD File to use in photoshop or other application that can read photoshop PSD files. Mulitple layers that can be enabled and disabled to allow for different combination of grids to be applied.
File Type: rar  aftfBodyAlignmentGrid.rar (1.51 MB, 355 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Example package file to be placed in packages folder. I used S3PE to export the appropriate textures in to a new package, Then edited the .DDS files in photoshop, and imported them back to the newly created package. Finally saving it and adding it to th

Mac
Um, what else should i put here.
[email protected]
Advertisement
Mother Function
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 1:34 PM
Ah! I totally can't believe I almost missed this! Thanks!

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 3:06 PM
oh this is a big help! thank you so much for this!

What is a papercat?
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 3:28 PM
thx @_@ (?)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 4:29 PM
Yay! Seams will be a lot easier to line up now thank you so much! :D
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 5:14 PM
Clever

I like it a lot.

Something, something, something, Darkside
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 6:23 PM
THANK YOU. I was trying to make something with high collar and couldn't get the sides to line up to save my life.
Test Subject
#8 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 7:30 PM
Love it! This type of template was integral to my SL clothing creation.
Thanks a million. You've saved me some time on obsessive seam shading.
Scholar
#9 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 7:36 PM
This will really come in handy. Thank you for making it.

.:Kitty Klan:.
Visit for Sims 3 Hair, Tattoos, and other free custom content downloads.

.For website updates, subscribe to my RSS feed at.
Dreamwidth Blog
Test Subject
#10 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 7:54 PM
this is awesome, thanks! ^.^
Field Researcher
#11 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 1:31 AM
Any chance of you you making something similar for the males? :D

Peace

I am not bigoted for race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or age... I do, however, have a big problem with stupidity, and stupidity knows no boundaries.
Test Subject
#12 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 10:24 PM
Thank you so much! Getting straps on dresses aligned was a pain in the ass.

Seconding the request for a male version of this.~
Test Subject
#13 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 1:00 PM
what this program do?
Mother Function
retired moderator
#14 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 3:44 PM
It's not a program, it's an alignment guide for Photoshop users

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 1:32 AM
Glad everyone enjoyed the guide. I'll be updating it soon. Templates and other such goodies. Longtime away from a PC for fun.

Mac
Um, what else should i put here.
[email protected]