Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 11:31 PM
Default What are some things you have not done yet?
After a lengthy hiatus, I finally returned to TS3 last week. I made ambrosia for the first time and brought a Sim back to life with it. This had me thinking what else haven't I done yet. I have most of the EPs, but I don't think I've explored everything these packs have to offer. I still haven't harvested a plant baby from University Life or create a werewolf from Supernatural. Heck, I still haven't blown up anything from Ambitions. I could make a whole list of things really. Might give me something to do besides doing the same old same old. Anyway, so what are some things you have not done yet in the game?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 12:04 AM
Most of it. Haven't raised kids yet, haven't collected stuff off the ground yet. Haven't played with generations or extended families. Haven't taken care of a pet. Haven't been a doctor, a master criminal, a spy, a Ghostbuster, or Indiana Jones. Haven't had a werewolf yet, or a zombie, or a toad, or a vampire, or a gypsy. Haven't "enjoyed" the autumn yet. Haven't made use of the stupid social system from Showtime, or any other part of that pack. Also haven't lived on a tropical island yet, and I've never putten significant time into running a hotel or a business. I've also never gotten a degree or participated in any of the subcultures. I've also never really built anything significant in a style other than modern yet, except maybe in that ancient-medieval phase I had once.

So, you know, I suppose if I can get ~5000 hours of fun out of a game without ever really digging into most of the packs, despite owning all of them, I suppose I have at least another 5000 to look forward to in the coming 7-8 years.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#3 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 2:40 AM Last edited by Eronel : 24th Feb 2018 at 10:39 PM.
I just recently got back into TS3 as well and am on a mission to start exploring the game more. I have yet to do ANYTHING University related since I only got it recently but I've had World Adventures forever and have barely even touched any of the locations. Reaallly wanna mess with mummies eventually, I love occults. I haven't really owned pets, especially horses, or done many of the LTWs. One thing I have yet to do that I'm surprised about is that I haven't gotten anyone to the top of the Criminal career. Yep, never had a criminal mastermind. I also wanna check out all the different death types one of these days because I've never had anyone die from anything other than fire or electrocution. Real estate is another thing I haven't really messed with, and I wanna change that by having one of my Diva sims buy a salon and build up her own business. Right now I'm trying to get my witch to level 10 magic which has been fun! I think before this the highest I've gotten was around where you unlock toadification. I really like the Hunger, Bladder, and Hygiene charms. Plus it's funny anyway if they fail casting them.

Edit: I also forgot to include all the stuff that came with Into the Future! I once managed to unlock the Dystopian Future because I seriously wanted 3 eyed fish, but I have never gotten any of those statue things? I forget what they're called, legacy statues? One day I will. And man, someone REALLY disagrees with this thread.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 7:21 AM
I've played the whole raising children thing years ago.
Last week I thought I'd try the "5 children raised to teenagers" LTW again.
I began to understand Dolores Umbridge.
Baby - play with, snuggle, bottle, diaper, crib.
Toddler - potty, walk, talk.
Child - Lucky Mummy and Daddy sim are rich - off to boarding school with ya!
It's just BORING.
I feel bad about it... Umbridge bad about it.
The dream tree is pretty rich, tho.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#5 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 12:20 PM
I never made Ambrosia... there are several careers I never really had my Sims pursue.
Never sent kids off to boarding school when I had Generations installed.
I have not done a lot of things.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 1:14 PM
Way too much.
Site Helper
#7 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 3:17 PM
I haven't gotten Showtime, Pets, Island Paradise, Into the Future, University, and one other that I can't remember the name of at the moment. Or most of the Stuff packs. So there is a lot I haven't done.
I also have never had a sim die of old age unless it was one that I have never played. I don't think I've even ever had a sim die permanently at all.

Edit: Seasons. I don't have that one either.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#8 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 3:30 PM
I also don't have all EPs, so yeah... Hm.. I think I haven't done legacy stuff. The closest was when I made a couple, they had kids who grew up to be young adults and they had a spouse, one of them a child. That is it. But mostly it was me aging them up before the time came. But I haven't done this to a particular family, if I remember right...I don't know... I did LTR, I had pets, lvl 10 jobs, skills, loved collecting gems and played with ghosts, vampires, fairies. I still discover new stuff, but I did many things, especially with Base Game, WA and Generations.
Scholar
#9 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 3:54 PM
Mad Poster
#10 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 5:33 PM
The most important thing I never get around to doing is making a list of the important things I never get around to doing. Maybe I'll make some time to create that list in a few years, it's going to be a long one. Funny, that seems to apply in real life as well as to TS3.
Instructor
#11 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 7:04 PM
I haven't:
- played as an alien, a werewolf, genie, mermaid or vampire.
- played half the careers in game
- had zombies in my game because I disabled them before I installed SN.
- had animals or zombies eat my garden because I disabled that too.
- had a spellcasting duel with another witch
- sent or hosted a sim on tour
- run a resort
- been a private investigator
- run a bake sale or lemonade stand
- played a legacy further than generation 3 or 4

And that's not even counting all the possibilities opened up by mods, lol. I clearly have work to do :D
Scholar
#12 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 8:39 PM
I havent played past a single gen yet. I just...cant do that.
Scholar
#13 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 9:06 PM
None of the sims I have created have ever died of old age. Mainly because up till recently I've played with ageing turned off. But in a legacy save I'm currently playing my founders are a couple of days away from meeting the reaper. Gonna be sad when it happens. There's a few careers I've never tried: the daycare one - rearing my own sim kids is stressful enough thanks! I've never used the tattoo chair or given another sim a makeover. Also I've never so much as seen a sim riding a horse.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Theorist
#14 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 1:51 PM
I never play any "supernaturals" aka Vampires, Zombies, whatever because I like realistic game play. I haven't played all the careers. I haven't grown a decent garden. I haven't had a resort, or even explored the neighborhood that comes with Island Paradise. I have so much to do since I only recently added Pets and Island Paradise. I've never fully explored University (now uninstalled for the moment). I make most of my families married and they all have kids.

I HAVE begun to play multiple families as opposed to my usual style of sticking with just one. That is my challenge this installation round.

Like Tunafishfish posted...so much to do...but I do a lot of the same old....(the sim who represents "me" is 9 out of 10 times either an author or a teacher)....never a tattoo artist or fire fighter...
Instructor
#16 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 8:36 PM Last edited by LiliLiliLili : 22nd Feb 2018 at 9:10 PM.
Hey actually once I did a save where I made every resident into asian-y... their clothes and their hair(color) and face. And I also kept an unique thematic: white baggy pants with black boots for men, and black flats with white soles and long skirts for women. But there are some exceptions, like different style outfits.. For formal wear women have the same shoes but it is always colourful. I don't know why... It is like a fantasy-asian-y city. I also made new families to fill in houses, so there would not be weird game-generated families moving into them. I played with that save many times, actually, I still have it in my folders, but I don't play them, as the save is pretty massive now, so it loads slowly and whatnot. :/ But I actually am trying out university now with a clean save.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 6:03 AM
I've never played as a mermaid. I've yet to reach the top of most careers. I haven't really got around to utilizing all the features that came with Into the Future, or Pets. I rarely play with pets actually, except for a dog or a horse. I haven't really played as a Fairy either. I haven't leveled up a Alien, or played as a ghost or genie. I haven't built a town from scratch. I haven't maxed out collecting skill.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 2:35 PM
I have yet to be as successful as many of my sims :p
Seriously on topic, I have yet to...
...explore Oasis Landing. For some reason, I have never stayed there long enough.
...max out Showtimes and Ambitions careers.
...get one of them actor's vans.
...send a kid to boarding school. Might never happen
...complete some LTWs that are usually different from 'max out these skills/this career'... then again, I don't WANT to turn the town.
...have a male alien pregnancy from abduction.
Hmm. There's probably more, seeing as there's still a lot of things to discover on a daily basis.

omnis mundi creatura
Mad Poster
#19 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 2:53 AM
Here's something I've never done -- clicked the "Disagree" button on a bazillion posts at a time for no reason. That looks like lots of fun and a great way to spend one's time and energy, bet it provides positive moodlets that last for days.
Scholar
#20 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 11:04 AM Last edited by Emerald1234 : 25th Feb 2018 at 11:16 AM.
i don't think i've ever had a childless sim....

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Field Researcher
#21 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 3:58 PM
Based on the EPs/SPs I have installed, I think that the only thing I didn't played yet was to have a Late Night band...

I'm bad at finding CC on my own
My simblr
I'm shy and so I might take longer to reply you '-'
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Here's something I've never done -- clicked the "Disagree" button on a bazillion posts at a time for no reason. That looks like lots of fun and a great way to spend one's time and energy, bet it provides positive moodlets that last for days.

Ah! the "Satisfied Troll" moodlet. It's positive if you have the grumpy trait, negative otherwise.

Sims are better than us.