Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 4:49 PM
Default WCIF - Mod to make sims remember dying
I'm looking for a mod that gives dead sims a visible memory of dying. It's always been a bit odd to me that if you resurrect a sim, they have no recollection of ever being dead

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 5:06 PM Last edited by Sketching : 25th Feb 2018 at 5:24 PM.
I agree - I've also wanted this for the longest time. The closest thing I can think of is to use a custom memory; there's one in the list, but I haven't tried this myself. Maybe someone who's used it will know. I usually just add a memory of Met Grim Reaper through SimPE.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 5:19 PM
I have 11 dead sims as of right now, but I can check that diary out! I've seen it before and was looking for it, actually, thank you!

Is there any way to make it so sims get the memory automatically, like when a sim has a miscarriage with inteen?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Alchemist
#4 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 5:41 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 25th Feb 2018 at 10:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Boosterbear
I have 11 dead sims as of right now, but I can check that diary out! I've seen it before and was looking for it, actually, thank you!

Is there any way to make it so sims get the memory automatically, like when a sim has a miscarriage with inteen?

I don't know about doing it automatically - I'm half-convinced that the modders can do ANYTHING, but it's not too difficult to add a memory in SimPE. Has anyone tried adding a memory of the sim himself dying? I could try it with my one and only resurrection.

UPDATED: I edited Angela Pleasant's memories to include her own death, which I made VERY disturbing (I copied the raw data from her father's memory because he seems really torn up about it), and her own resurrection which I copied from the child who resurrected her with the Genie lamp. I also made this pretty disturbing to her. Aside from maybe needing therapy, she seems ok.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 7:41 PM
There's no native 'self memory' for dying though you could add the memory of ***** died, referring to themselves. A custom memory is the way to go here if you really want to do that.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 8:52 PM
How would you go about doing that? And is it possible to make it so that it occurs automatically if a sim dies, like how the Had Miscarriage one does?

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 9:15 PM
You'd have to make a custom memory for that - to make it appear automatically.

If you don't want to use the book to make custom memories, you'd need a tutorial ... ummmm and I've forgotten (it was so long ago). I'll have a look through my files.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
#8 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
You'd have to make a custom memory for that - to make it appear automatically.

If you don't want to use the book to make custom memories, you'd need a tutorial ... ummmm and I've forgotten (it was so long ago). I'll have a look through my files.

This is the one I found easiest, just for adding them in SimPE, not for a mod. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=228915
Scholar
#9 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 2:27 AM
Making such a memory and having it automatically added when a sim dies is quite simple, the tough part is should it be a good memory or bad? At first I thought dying has got to be bad thing to remember, but if you die and are resurrected and retain a memory of that then surely such confirmation that death is not the end has to be a good thing.

I put one on Box.net if anyone wants to play around with it CJH_I-DiedMemory.zip (6kb). It includes being auto added by Grim on death.

It uses the third parameter (param 2) to set it as good/bad, a value of 6 is always bad, a value of 7 is always good any other value and it's bad for monster sims, good for all others.
Theorist
#10 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Making such a memory and having it automatically added when a sim dies is quite simple, the tough part is should it be a good memory or bad? At first I thought dying has got to be bad thing to remember, but if you die and are resurrected and retain a memory of that then surely such confirmation that death is not the end has to be a good thing.

I put one on Box.net if anyone wants to play around with it CJH_I-DiedMemory.zip (6kb). It includes being auto added by Grim on death.

It uses the third parameter (param 2) to set it as good/bad, a value of 6 is always bad, a value of 7 is always good any other value and it's bad for monster sims, good for all others.

Hmmm maybe accidental deaths are bad...so is death by old age if you don't get the cutscene with the lei and the hula zombies? A death at the end of a long, fulfilled life, meanwhile would be a good death and cause a good memory.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 12:54 PM
You are all absolute angels