Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 8:11 PM
Default Creating a Double stroller
Finally decided to give making this a go but adjusting the generations mesh was the easy part. I need a little help in changing up a lot of what's apart of the stroller since I need to adjust the animations for the adult pushing the stroller and putting the babes in it as well as making it so you can put two in there and have them seating in their corresponding seats. Where would I start to get this done right?

Image of stroller in attachements.
Screenshots

*flops about like a fish*
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 12:44 AM
I'd start with editing the adult animation. Do you know how to extract animations from the game and import them into Blender or Milkshape?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Heatherly84
I'd start with editing the adult animation. Do you know how to extract animations from the game and import them into Blender or Milkshape?

No No I don't but someone has been kind enough to help me with that. You know a tutorial to link me to since I will have to learn this anyhow. I dunno if I've be able to adjust the infant one since I keep hearing you can't edit baby rigs in milkshape.

*flops about like a fish*
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hydrasis
No No I don't but someone has been kind enough to help me with that. You know a tutorial to link me to since I will have to learn this anyhow. I dunno if I've be able to adjust the infant one since I keep hearing you can't edit baby rigs in milkshape.

Extracting animations is easy enough. What you want to do is create a modding folder somewhere on your hard drive (mine is C:/Users/Heatherly/My Documents/Modding, but really, anywhere you can find one is a good place). Then go to (assuming you're on Windows 7) C:/Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Generations/Game/GameData/Shared/Packages, where the only file will be FullBuild_p08.package. Copy FullBuild_p08.package to your modding folder, then open it in S3PE. The files you want will be tagged CLIP, and they're named pretty descriptively. (Look for ones with Stroller in the name.) Once you find the one(s) you want, right-click it and select "Export to file."

You can download the baby rig here, along with all of the other rigs except Teen and Elder: http://sims3cliptool.wordpress.com/download/

That site also has tutorials on using the rigs with multiple Sims, props, etc., and has a complete beginning-to-end pose tutorial. (Remember, an animation is just a series of poses.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZJpC6mVGl8 - And this is a complete video tutorial on animating, which will tell you a little bit about setting up Blender properly, and it's very, very user-friendly.
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 12:08 AM
How far have you got with this? I'd love to download ♥

Music is poetry with personality. ~Ross Lynch
Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real? ~Albus Dumbledore
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 7:05 AM
Default Has this become a reality?
Quote: Originally posted by Hydrasis
Finally decided to give making this a go but adjusting the generations mesh was the easy part. I need a little help in changing up a lot of what's apart of the stroller since I need to adjust the animations for the adult pushing the stroller and putting the babes in it as well as making it so you can put two in there and have them seating in their corresponding seats. Where would I start to get this done right?

Image of stroller in attachements.

I know, it's been 4 years... but has this become a reality? And will it be functional?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 8:09 AM
I doubt that. Getting this kind of object to function with two babies would require script modding which is not easy.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#8 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 6:03 PM
If i'm right the creator isn't around anymore either, I remember following the progress but sadly she never got it to work :/ Sounds like a pain to script though! Might be possible, but still painful.