Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1491
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 5356 (Who?), Viewed: 190189 times.
Search this Thread
Old Today, 12:58 AM #5351
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

It's a Grouchy effect, so kids (and adults) who build snowmen will build them with devil horns. I believe the important thing is who starts the snowman - if a Grouchy adult helped a Nice kid build a snowman that the kid had started, it would be a normal snowman, but if the Grouchy adult starts, it will be an Evil one.

I'm afraid I find most Veronaville lots completely unplayable without complete renovation. I admire people who can make it work - especially people with Seasons and without Perfect Gardens. The last time I tried to play Capp Manor the gardener would just go around in circles of despair and the only way to keep it from becoming an absolute wilderness was to influence visitors to do yardwork.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old Today, 1:30 AM #5352
gwynne
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
It's a Grouchy effect, so kids (and adults) who build snowmen will build them with devil horns. I believe the important thing is who starts the snowman - if a Grouchy adult helped a Nice kid build a snowman that the kid had started, it would be a normal snowman, but if the Grouchy adult starts, it will be an Evil one.

It's these little details that are the reason I'm still playing TS2.

Imagine if Maxis designers were still given enough time/money/latitude to make quality games.

...it seemed to be a game about watching other people sitting around the house, on a computer. It just seemed so lame. - Rod Humble on his first impression of "The Sims".
Old Today, 6:15 AM #5353
BlueAlien
Instructor

Pregnant Sims can't change cat litter. Another of those lovely little details. I'd forgotten Jane Stacks was pregnant, and this was my first clue.
Old Today, 6:22 AM #5354
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

Contessa Capp has a marked resemblance to Miss Jane Hathaway. It makes me inclined to like her, which is completely unexpected.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old Today, 6:47 AM #5355
heroesandthieves
Lab Assistant

Took one of my families to Three Lakes and they are staying in a cabin that has a hammock; I discovered that there is a WooHoo option for it! I just about died laughing at the animation.
Old Today, 8:07 AM #5356
Rosebine
Mad Poster

11 Achievements

I discovered that EA completely screwed up the wall masks on their Empire round window diagonal...
I think I will make a default replacement to fix this monstrosity.
EDIT:
Done! Not only the wall mask was off, but the meshes toO!
All fixed & better.
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  ScrewUpFront.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  104.0 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  ScrewUpback.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  113.8 KB  

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi franšais !...surtout :0)
Last edited by Rosebine : Today at 9:00 AM.
Old Today, 12:09 PM #5357
RoxEllen1965
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosawyn
I honestly can't get past Beatrice and Benedick being siblings. As a long-time fan of "Much Ado About Nothing," seeing that squicked me so much I had to just exit out of the hood. I've never actually tried to play it.

Try looking at it this way then. The people of Veronaville are not Shakespearean characters themselves, but they are all great fans of Shakespeare and name their kids after the characters in the plays. Antonio Monty and his wife must have also been great fans of "Much Ado About Nothing."

Or you could simply rename the sims. There are lots of easy ways to do that.
Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : Today at 12:35 PM.

Section jump: