Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#5326 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 6:39 AM
My Sims like to get into fights in the background of community lots. Most recent fight was Dora Ottomas and Denise Jacquet. Seeing two old ladies engaging in fisticuffs is pretty funny.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#5327 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 6:41 AM
I thoroughly enjoy those background fights
Mad Poster
#5328 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 7:04 AM
I think perhaps I have some Cyjon hacks that are making my sims less likely to get into background fights.
Inventor
#5329 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 7:07 AM
I don't have enemiesaccumulate, but they go around autonomously making and maintaining enemies.

Pick your poison - losing a game at chess/darts, jealousy, ill-timed and ill-targeted pranks, the fury of the neat cleaning up after the sloppy, the grouchy picking on the nice, badmouthing, being lectured for misbehavior, acting out due to low aspiration scores and traumatic life experiences. That's not even considering the mayhem they get up to with drunken brawls or sims trained to engage in negative behavior.

It can be amusing, though yes, sometimes it gets a bit out of hand and I have several sims with maxed out negative reputations that rarely get any better. It puts my in-game community service system to good use, however.
Top Secret Researcher
#5330 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
If a Sim with high creativity ruins a painting, they might end up increasing the value of it!

"Ruins" a painting? You mean if it's worth less than $500?
Mad Poster
#5331 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 11:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro

Any background action can be entertaining. It doesn't necessarily have to be a fight.
Alchemist
#5332 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 12:26 PM
I'm not a fan of the fights unless there's some blood feud that fits my story, like Angela Pleasant regularly attacks the Genie I am playing, but she has REALLY good reasons! I use no-jealousy-at-all and I almost never see any other enemies or fighting. I have tried ACR a couple of times, which won't work with no-jealousy-at-all, and the moment, I mean, THE MOMENT, it's activated, someone will be slapping someone else and chaos ensues. I can never ride it out and always turn it off. I mean, the last time... well, I'm still haunted by images of Herbert Goodie beating up on his elderly wife.

Slightly different point, but it seems to me that my sims interact to form relationships much more autonomously because I have no-jealousy-at-all. Just my theory, but they often fall in love autonomously with people I didn't expect them to. I much prefer seeing sims hugging in the background.
Top Secret Researcher
#5333 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 8:56 PM
Even though, to my dissapointment, Uni sims don't show their pregnancy bellies in everyday wear, it seems that Marsha shows hers in her pajamas. Which is strange, since Julia didn't.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Scholar
#5334 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 9:36 PM
I discovered that the Unsavory Charlatan may appear when your Sims are on a vacation... and that he'll be wearing the local costume.
(Been to Takezumi Village and seen him wearing a Japanese traditional outfit.)
Mad Poster
#5335 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 9:42 PM
Is her every day outfit enabled for pregnancy? If it doesn't have a pregnancy mesh they won't show the belly.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#5336 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
"Ruins" a painting? You mean if it's worth less than $500?

I've only seen sims in aspiration desperation ruin a painting (looks like they cut it), and then couldn't sell it at all
=======
And Amura; actually the Charlatan can be usefull! If there is a little golf thing on a community lot, or a punching bag, AND you have a mod to learn on community lots, you can ask him to give instructions. He must have lots of body skills for the punching bag, but who would have thought he had a lot of charisma skills (which the golf teaches)!
=
And Gummilet: what's even odder looking is when the "bottom" has the mesh, but the "top" doesn't - then you get an empty balloon belly.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#5337 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 9:43 PM
I was playing with allmenus. I clicked "Ruin Painting" to see what it was - although it originally said "Sell for $10" the price of it went up to like $30 when a Sim with high creativity ruined it.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#5338 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 5:34 AM
I use "Ruin Painting" when a visitor has messed around with an easel and wandered off, leaving a partially done painting.
Scholar
#5339 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro

Discusion about fights and discoveries I can tell you about a quite funny thing that did happend about two weeks ago. (I have not been playing for a time now).

I did send one of my sims to a store and as she was there the sun was setting, allowing a grand vampire to show up. But he was'nt very kind to my sims. No, not at all. In fact, far from it. So I said: OK Dora, you are going to be THAT woman now. So I commanded her to do every unfriendly action in the list to this grand vampire. They did not fight but it sure was close.

After a while, Dora went home and shortly after the grand vampire showed up on the lot as well. But he did not do anything, he just walked of again. After some houers, he came back but did the same thing. Both times, my sims "action box" said something about being greeted. (After installing Apartment Life, sims always greet each other everywhere). The next day, the grand vampire came back again. During daytime! But before anything happend he did ran off whit a message like: "I must get away from here!" (because of daytime). And I said: "What the heck is going on here?!".
Mad Poster
#5340 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 12:52 PM
"Ahhh, the sun! I must flee!" In my Veronaville, it popped up a lot before the Capps had a chance to knock over the trash cans. Was always funny when the message popped up in the middle of a thunderstorm.

Inventor
#5341 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 2:18 PM Last edited by Sketching : 10th Mar 2018 at 8:21 PM. Reason: silly wording error
"Ahhh, the sun! I must flee!"

I remember my vamped newspaper boy's dedication to the job, but it annoyed me enough that I had to de-vamp him. It only took me 10 sim-days (technically much more because that's the total for one household and I had several households on rotation) to reverse the process.

My discovery - I played around with some mods and one of my female sims impregnated her male partner instead; she wasn't the one with the equipment, she was somehow behind the guy, and the lullabies sounded before she actually made it to him.

I also realized how useful APO (edit: Pescado's Authorized Personnel Only) is for restricting areas to certain sims in the house. I've had it for a while yet never extensively used it. I decided to edit the price and just pretend certain sims are allowed access to specific rooms.
Mad Poster
#5342 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 5:36 AM
I discovered this apartment lot build in my lot bin and placed it in my game.I also added something new I downloaded that is for apartment living.
Mad Poster
#5343 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 9:50 AM
I was looking through the Characters folder in my neighbourhood folder and noticed that all the NPC waiters/waitresses have two character files - one of them is smaller and contains only a thumbnail and a BHAV called "NPC - Server - Job Main" while the second character file appended with a .1 (such as N004_User01186.1.package) and contains a lot more of the standard character file stuff...except for a few interesting BMPs of what looks like thumbnails from TS1:

I'm not sure why it's just the waiters/waitresses that have this oddity with the character files.

Top Secret Researcher
#5344 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 11:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I use "Ruin Painting" when a visitor has messed around with an easel and wandered off, leaving a partially done painting.

I am assuming that "Ruin Painting" was something that was added in FT or AL, am I correct?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Top Secret Researcher
#5345 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 12:46 PM
I was playing with allmenus. I clicked "Ruin Painting" to see what it was - although it originally said "Sell for $10" the price of it went up to like $30 when a Sim with high creativity ruined it.

Oh okay I have NEVER seen this interaction. Guess I discovered something new now then.
Scholar
#5346 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 2:56 PM
Dorms filled with player sims so there’s no dormies are really fun even though it feels like cheating!
Mad Poster
#5347 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 10:33 PM
I showed a friend the waiter thing, and he sent this link:
https://tcrf.net/The_Sims_2_(Windows)

Some interesting tidbits here.

Forum Resident
#5348 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 11:24 PM
Going back to the newspaper thing... I discovered my hunch was right! Maxis mixed up the meshes so the rolled version is the standard mesh, and the folded version is the "rolled" mesh.
Mad Poster
#5349 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 12:22 AM
In a neighborhood's save folder (\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N004\Thumbnails), there's a package file that contains every family portrait in the hood.

I wonder what would happen if I tried to replace an image.

Test Subject
#5350 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 12:55 AM
Today i discovered that birds can bug if you close the door of their jail, and i have 742 files in the Characters folder of Desiderata Valley
Page 214 of 445