Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2018 at 5:59 PM
Default One Vampire At A Time Part 1: The Academy
Story: It happened a few years ago, the first attack. No one knew it had happened because the news had just said the victims had died from beatings or some other violent trauma. The official coroner's report said the bodies had been drained dry of their plasma, they all had strange markings on their skin, like they'd been branded, and puncture wounds on their necks directly over their jugulars. Though it wasn't told to the public, the police didn't have a clue what did that to the Sims who were killed. They spent months, even years searching for answers, but there weren't any. And why would there be? The ones who were responsible knew how to hide themselves and their tracks very well.

It wasn't until they returned to the city and another attack was staged that people started to think there was a serial killer at large. The police urged people to stay inside at night, to lock doors, to guard against suspicious folk. But, even if Sims did this, some weren't lucky enough to escape the ones who were hunting the citizens of the quaint little town.
On a clear, cloudless night, a young teen and her father were walking down the street heading home from the GeekCon and had to pass an alleyway before reaching their road. In this alleyway, a creature lie in wait. When they passed, it crept out and stalked them, blending effortlessly in the large crowds. The father put his keys into the lock while his daughter surfed social media on her phone, he never noticed the thing inching towards his child. In what seemed like an instant, the girl was caught in its grip, pierced in the back of the neck, drained dry, and released to collapse on the hard ground.It all happened so fast that her father hadn't even had a chance to turn around until he he heard her fall. He never saw what had done this, but he ran to his child and attempted to wake her, but she was already gone.

The man called the police and described what he experienced, which wasn't very much at all, really. But, the police saw the marks on the girl's neck and knew she was another victim of these creatures. And when the father saw the looks on the detectives' faces, he asked what they weren't telling him. The men disclosed the teen wasn't the only victim of this thing that night, and that 4 other people had killed that night. After an autopsy was done on the girl, her cause of death was determined to be the same as the many others. Her father had discovered some of the information about the detective's investigation and started one of his own after finding out they were nowhere in leads and clues on who killed his kid.
He spent as much time as he could researching every aspect of his daughter's case, the plasma, the marks, everything. When he realized what he was dealing with, he knew he didn't stand a chance. So, he came up with an idea. After speaking with the families of the other victims, he made the decision to do something about those things that killed his daughter, starting from scratch. He knew it might be crazy, but the man would stop at nothing to avenge the death of his child.

Goal: Have all students graduate the Academy after mastering the appropriate skills, slaying vampires, and moving out.

Setup: There's a few things you have to do before getting the challenge started.

Create-a-Sim:
  • Have at least 2 students and max 2 instructors, the students can be opposite genders, but it doesn't actually matter, you do you. I chose boys and girls because it's the generic thing to choose. One of the instructors should be a man to fit the story, but, like I said, it doesn't actually matter, you do what fits your story.
  • Both students and instructors must have randomized traits. You can randomize traits up to three times and can only change the last trait, if it's undesirable. The most desirable traits are those that help advance in the skills the students and instructors are meant to strive for. Those skills can be found in the Gameplay section.
  • When aging up, students should start wearing uniforms. All Sims should be appropriately dressed at all times.
Build/Buy:
  • Build an academy with the following rooms:
    • Cafeteria with an optional coffee niche
    • a kitchen with a scullery
    • a downstairs girl's and boy's bath with only toilets and sinks
    • a generic club room for meetings
    • a foyer/lobby
    • staff offices and bedrooms
    • girl's and boy's dorms and girl's and boy's full bath upstairs
    • a gymnasium with a basketball court
    • a breakout room---For those who don't know what a breakout room is, this is a place where students go to socialize on the first few days on school to get to know each other and break the ice with fellow students and instructors. In this challenge, you will use it weekly.
  • The school and garden should be filled with garlic braids, garlands, and bulbs for protection.
  • The academy should be built in any world besides Forgotten Hollow. Students will travel there to slay vampires, but the academy shouldn't be built in a vampire hub.

Gameplay: Now, while playing, there are a few rules you should go by. Keep in mind that they are all tentative and can be manipulated at any time during the setup of your game, but should not be bent at will during the challenge to suite your needs at that moment, that's kinda cheating. So, say if you wanted to instead of having a strict 2:2:3 weekly schedule, you want something like 4:3 or 2:4:1, then you do what you want, but don't suddenly change it because you want your Sims to have more time to talk to Miko Ojo the next day. Also, because of the nature of the challenge, teens will acquire a negative trait if you have the Parenthood Gamepack. Teens are encouraged to get into fights with vampires in this challenge, so Conflict Resolution will decrease immensely. Lastly, You can totally flip the script on this challenge. Instead of having an extremely straightforward defense training school, you can have one that teaches the wellness skill, herbalism, and vampire lore only and promotes friendship with your enemies to help cure them. But, it wouldn't be as much fun that way.

Rules:
  • Students are expected to have a weekly schedule to follow and to actually follow that schedule strictly. The weekly schedule I have made up for the students is that 2 days out of the week they are to socialize, lounge around, and can travel outside of the home lot, and when they are a child or younger they must spend 5 days out of the week skill building. When they age up to their teen years, they will spend two days socializing, 2 days in field training, and 3 days skill building.
  • When students become teens, they are expected to engage in field training. This is the act of leaving the academy and actively hunting for vampires. However, because their skill is likely not at an adequate level yet, they can only have a hand-to-hand combat experience. This can be done 2 days out of the week like the schedule I have set up, and as the students raise their fitness skill they will win more and more fights.
  • All members of the academy must learn the Vampire Lore skill and master it. Students cannot interact with any vampire Sims (i.e. field training) until their personal skill level has reached at least 5.
  • Students should strive to master the following skills: Fitness, Gardening, Logic, Wellness,Vampire Lore, Mixology, Mischief, and Herbalism
  • Students should strive to master the following leisure skills: Dancing, Bowling, Painting, Piano, Guitar, DJ Mixing, Photography, and Video Gaming. These skills are not mandatory to master.
  • Instructors should strive to master the following skills: Fitness, Gardening, Logic, Vampire Lore, Herbalism, and Mixology.
  • All specified skills should be learned and increased the moment the students are able to learn them. While students are still young (as toddlers), instructors are encouraged to increase these skills to help students get ahead faster.
  • Students graduate the academy when they age up to young adults and have slayed two vampires.
  • It's the duty of the instructors to protect the students until they are smart and strong enough to do it themselves. Because of this, the instructors are expected to physically fit, logical, and well-versed in the lore of the world of Vampires.
  • Students should be cordial with each other and their instructors. *wink*
  • Students can only have romantic relationships with humans. *wink-wink*

You are not expected to have cordial relationships with fellow Sims or instructors. You are not expected not to have romantic relationships with vampires. Spice up the challenge, make some drama, do some crazy stuff and make this challenge your own. As long as the goals are completed, you can do whatever you wanna do.

And, if you didn't notice the title, this challenge is coming in parts. This is obviously the first, and the second is in the works. I have major plans for the second part so do what you will with this one and finish it well. If you want, after the Sims have graduated, you can move them into a house together, get them jobs that are appropriate for their skills and traits, and get them prepared for part 2.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 22nd May 2018 at 12:46 AM
I really like the idea of this one! I'm thinking of turning it into a story.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 1:11 AM
Default Part 2 of this challenge
Quote: Originally posted by kindredmaje
Story: It happened a few years ago, the first attack. No one knew it had happened because the news had just said the victims had died from beatings or some other violent trauma. The official coroner's report said the bodies had been drained dry of their plasma, they all had strange markings on their skin, like they'd been branded, and puncture wounds on their necks directly over their jugulars. Though it wasn't told to the public, the police didn't have a clue what did that to the Sims who were killed. They spent months, even years searching for answers, but there weren't any. And why would there be? The ones who were responsible knew how to hide themselves and their tracks very well.

It wasn't until they returned to the city and another attack was staged that people started to think there was a serial killer at large. The police urged people to stay inside at night, to lock doors, to guard against suspicious folk. But, even if Sims did this, some weren't lucky enough to escape the ones who were hunting the citizens of the quaint little town.
On a clear, cloudless night, a young teen and her father were walking down the street heading home from the GeekCon and had to pass an alleyway before reaching their road. In this alleyway, a creature lie in wait. When they passed, it crept out and stalked them, blending effortlessly in the large crowds. The father put his keys into the lock while his daughter surfed social media on her phone, he never noticed the thing inching towards his child. In what seemed like an instant, the girl was caught in its grip, pierced in the back of the neck, drained dry, and released to collapse on the hard ground.It all happened so fast that her father hadn't even had a chance to turn around until he he heard her fall. He never saw what had done this, but he ran to his child and attempted to wake her, but she was already gone.

The man called the police and described what he experienced, which wasn't very much at all, really. But, the police saw the marks on the girl's neck and knew she was another victim of these creatures. And when the father saw the looks on the detectives' faces, he asked what they weren't telling him. The men disclosed the teen wasn't the only victim of this thing that night, and that 4 other people had killed that night. After an autopsy was done on the girl, her cause of death was determined to be the same as the many others. Her father had discovered some of the information about the detective's investigation and started one of his own after finding out they were nowhere in leads and clues on who killed his kid.
He spent as much time as he could researching every aspect of his daughter's case, the plasma, the marks, everything. When he realized what he was dealing with, he knew he didn't stand a chance. So, he came up with an idea. After speaking with the families of the other victims, he made the decision to do something about those things that killed his daughter, starting from scratch. He knew it might be crazy, but the man would stop at nothing to avenge the death of his child.

Goal: Have all students graduate the Academy after mastering the appropriate skills, slaying vampires, and moving out.

Setup: There's a few things you have to do before getting the challenge started.

Create-a-Sim:
  • Have at least 2 students and max 2 instructors, the students can be opposite genders, but it doesn't actually matter, you do you. I chose boys and girls because it's the generic thing to choose. One of the instructors should be a man to fit the story, but, like I said, it doesn't actually matter, you do what fits your story.
  • Both students and instructors must have randomized traits. You can randomize traits up to three times and can only change the last trait, if it's undesirable. The most desirable traits are those that help advance in the skills the students and instructors are meant to strive for. Those skills can be found in the Gameplay section.
  • When aging up, students should start wearing uniforms. All Sims should be appropriately dressed at all times.
Build/Buy:
  • Build an academy with the following rooms:
    • Cafeteria with an optional coffee niche
    • a kitchen with a scullery
    • a downstairs girl's and boy's bath with only toilets and sinks
    • a generic club room for meetings
    • a foyer/lobby
    • staff offices and bedrooms
    • girl's and boy's dorms and girl's and boy's full bath upstairs
    • a gymnasium with a basketball court
    • a breakout room---For those who don't know what a breakout room is, this is a place where students go to socialize on the first few days on school to get to know each other and break the ice with fellow students and instructors. In this challenge, you will use it weekly.
  • The school and garden should be filled with garlic braids, garlands, and bulbs for protection.
  • The academy should be built in any world besides Forgotten Hollow. Students will travel there to slay vampires, but the academy shouldn't be built in a vampire hub.

Gameplay: Now, while playing, there are a few rules you should go by. Keep in mind that they are all tentative and can be manipulated at any time during the setup of your game, but should not be bent at will during the challenge to suite your needs at that moment, that's kinda cheating. So, say if you wanted to instead of having a strict 2:2:3 weekly schedule, you want something like 4:3 or 2:4:1, then you do what you want, but don't suddenly change it because you want your Sims to have more time to talk to Miko Ojo the next day. Also, because of the nature of the challenge, teens will acquire a negative trait if you have the Parenthood Gamepack. Teens are encouraged to get into fights with vampires in this challenge, so Conflict Resolution will decrease immensely. Lastly, You can totally flip the script on this challenge. Instead of having an extremely straightforward defense training school, you can have one that teaches the wellness skill, herbalism, and vampire lore only and promotes friendship with your enemies to help cure them. But, it wouldn't be as much fun that way.

Rules:
  • Students are expected to have a weekly schedule to follow and to actually follow that schedule strictly. The weekly schedule I have made up for the students is that 2 days out of the week they are to socialize, lounge around, and can travel outside of the home lot, and when they are a child or younger they must spend 5 days out of the week skill building. When they age up to their teen years, they will spend two days socializing, 2 days in field training, and 3 days skill building.
  • When students become teens, they are expected to engage in field training. This is the act of leaving the academy and actively hunting for vampires. However, because their skill is likely not at an adequate level yet, they can only have a hand-to-hand combat experience. This can be done 2 days out of the week like the schedule I have set up, and as the students raise their fitness skill they will win more and more fights.
  • All members of the academy must learn the Vampire Lore skill and master it. Students cannot interact with any vampire Sims (i.e. field training) until their personal skill level has reached at least 5.
  • Students should strive to master the following skills: Fitness, Gardening, Logic, Wellness,Vampire Lore, Mixology, Mischief, and Herbalism
  • Students should strive to master the following leisure skills: Dancing, Bowling, Painting, Piano, Guitar, DJ Mixing, Photography, and Video Gaming. These skills are not mandatory to master.
  • Instructors should strive to master the following skills: Fitness, Gardening, Logic, Vampire Lore, Herbalism, and Mixology.
  • All specified skills should be learned and increased the moment the students are able to learn them. While students are still young (as toddlers), instructors are encouraged to increase these skills to help students get ahead faster.
  • Students graduate the academy when they age up to young adults and have slayed two vampires.
  • It's the duty of the instructors to protect the students until they are smart and strong enough to do it themselves. Because of this, the instructors are expected to physically fit, logical, and well-versed in the lore of the world of Vampires.
  • Students should be cordial with each other and their instructors. *wink*
  • Students can only have romantic relationships with humans. *wink-wink*

You are not expected to have cordial relationships with fellow Sims or instructors. You are not expected not to have romantic relationships with vampires. Spice up the challenge, make some drama, do some crazy stuff and make this challenge your own. As long as the goals are completed, you can do whatever you wanna do.

And, if you didn't notice the title, this challenge is coming in parts. This is obviously the first, and the second is in the works. I have major plans for the second part so do what you will with this one and finish it well. If you want, after the Sims have graduated, you can move them into a house together, get them jobs that are appropriate for their skills and traits, and get them prepared for part 2.

I'm in the final throws of the second part, i'm just waiting for Seasons to be released so I can make the adjustments to the challenge as i go. I don't think much will be changed but I could be very wrong about that so I thought I'd wait until the expansion is fully explored until I release my second part.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 1:27 AM Last edited by kindredmaje : 24th Nov 2018 at 6:02 AM. Reason: new info
Quote: Originally posted by kindredmaje
I'm in the final throws of the second part, i'm just waiting for Seasons to be released so I can make the adjustments to the challenge as i go. I don't think much will be changed but I could be very wrong about that so I thought I'd wait until the expansion is fully explored until I release my second part.

The second part of this challenge has been edited and reposted. View as you like.