Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 5:54 AM
Default Forcing a social interaction to always accept
So I want to force the EA vampire drink interaction in my compel to drink interaction.
Using this

Code:
base.Actor.InteractionQueue.PushAsContinuation
                        (new SocialInteractionA.Definition("Vampire Drink", null, null, false), target, true, new InteractionPriority
                        (InteractionPriorityLevel.RequiredNPCBehavior), true, true);

I can push the interaction but can't force it to always accept. I don't want to make the drink interaction always accept. Only when forcing through compulsion.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
So I want to force the EA vampire drink interaction in my compel to drink interaction.
Using this

Code:
base.Actor.InteractionQueue.PushAsContinuation
                        (new SocialInteractionA.Definition("Vampire Drink", null, null, false), target, true, new InteractionPriority
                        (InteractionPriorityLevel.RequiredNPCBehavior), true, true);

I can push the interaction but can't force it to always accept. I don't want to make the drink interaction always accept. Only when forcing through compulsion.

I know i'm not adept at programming so I won't be much help here but did you try scouring the code in the dll files to figure out how the game does stuff like that? I'm trying to make some mods that allow children to do more stuff such as play Skeeball and program in more interactions because there's a severe lack of them in this game compared to 2 but i'm stuck on a dead end road there because a lot of that stuff is hard coded but I'll be happy to assist you whichever way I know how.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 8:02 PM
Haven't figured out this one but you can check out this mod I made. If you're interested in pushing an interaction.
Scholar
#4 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 12:47 AM
Thanks but what does that have to do with what you're working on?
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
Thanks but what does that have to do with what you're working on?

In your other post you said you wanted to know how to push an interaction. This reply is for that mainly.

It doesn't solve my problem. I can push an interaction but I can't force it to accept unfortunately. I can temporarily change their relationship like make them friends which will make them accept but that would feel weird.

Anyway hope it helps you with your mod.
Scholar
#6 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 11:38 PM
In your other post you said you wanted to know how to push an interaction. This reply is for that mainly.

It doesn't solve my problem. I can push an interaction but I can't force it to accept unfortunately. I can temporarily change their relationship like make them friends which will make them accept but that would feel weird.

Anyway hope it helps you with your mod.

Did you try asking more experienced programmers this question like the Programmers Stack Exchange for example? One of them might be able to help you out with your project although I can't make any guarantees that you would get a good answer or even one at all. Anyways the problem that I have with the Skeeball interactions is that they're hard coded for adults so I couldn't get any of the interactions to show up even by enabling it to be used by children with NRaas Retuner because of the way it's programmed. If you like I could pm the code to you but i'm not sure that you would understand what the code does.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 8:55 PM
Did you try asking more experienced programmers this question like the Programmers Stack Exchange for example? One of them might be able to help you out with your project although I can't make any guarantees that you would get a good answer or even one at all. Anyways the problem that I have with the Skeeball interactions is that they're hard coded for adults so I couldn't get any of the interactions to show up even by enabling it to be used by children with NRaas Retuner because of the way it's programmed. If you like I could pm the code to you but i'm not sure that you would understand what the code does.

You can make your own Skeeblall interaction. It's what I did with this mod http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=608185 You can disable EA's Skeeball interaction with ITUN mod and then add your own Skeeball interaction with a script mod. You can pretty much copy paste the code from EA.
Scholar
#8 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 12:10 AM
You can make your own Skeeblall interaction. It's what I did with this mod http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=608185 You can disable EA's Skeeball interaction with ITUN mod and then add your own Skeeball interaction with a script mod. You can pretty much copy paste the code from EA.

Cool so how do I go about disabling the EA Skeeball interaction and replacing it with my own interaction? I love your enhanced witches mod by the way.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 11:57 PM
Cool so how do I go about disabling the EA Skeeball interaction and replacing it with my own interaction? I love your enhanced witches mod by the way.

@Squidconqueror so sorry for late reply. Disabling can be done through the script or with an ITUN. I use ITUN but you can use script too. If you're using ITUN cahnage the <Disallow DisallowAutonomous="False" DisallowUserDirected="False" DisallowPlayerSim="False" /> to false. These will be usually true. Making them fals e will disable the interaction.
Removing it with script I'm forgetting but it's something like sim.RemoveInteraction() or something like that. Interaction class (the singleton) will be inside brackets.