Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 10:18 AM
Default A...Thing with the Lods
Hi Everyone

I am working on some custom orchard trees, and I noticed the Lods don't change, its always the summer version that's visible. The snowy tree in the foreground here is a Maxis apple tree, with my peach and pear trees visible in the neighbouring lot.

Then I realised the same thing is true for the Maxis orchard trees, at least in my game! Here is the view from the other lot. (It is winter and snowing on both lots).

So my questions are:

1. Is this just my game, or are the orchard tree lods stuck in your game too?

2. If the trees do go snowy in your game, would you be OK with it if I uploaded non-snowy custom orchard trees?
Screenshots
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 11:19 AM
I think there's a tutorial somewhere by Criquette on this - see if I can find it. My personal solution is not to use LODs at all and get the game to use the in-lot mesh instead. Having said that, that increases the load on your machine considerably so it's a good idea to avoid too much of that.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 5:19 PM
Hmm... I tried a lodless version of the tree and it acts the same way - perfectly visible from hood and neighbouring lot, but in its summer form only.
@maxon can you confirm that the orchard trees lods do change in your own game? When doing the garden plots, I found that the crop plants had been halfway enabled for hood view, but not completed, and I was wondering if this was the same- they intended the hood view version to mirror the state of the actual tree, but ran out of time/budget to complete it?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 5:54 PM
Yes, here's a picture of some apple trees in another lot taken from a lot in winter (ignore that blue thing in the background - I took something out for testing purposes). So you're right, they don't have a winter version of the LOD mesh. Actually there are quite a lot of EAxis trees which don't work properly seasonally and they've been on my to do list for a good while now. If you wanted to fix them, I'm sure a lot of people will be pleased.

Now I think about it I think the tutorial I was thinking of was not by Criquette but Gwenke and/or Echo - but you've made seasonal plants before so I think you will have read those? Incidentally, do you happen to have Bienchen's templates for seasonal plants?
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 6:24 PM
Ahah! I thought so.

I have Echo's tutorial, that is what I normally follow, and it was very useful in cloning the garden crops. I will have to have a closer look at Gwenke's, all on Sims2Aritists, right?

I have Raynuss's templates, but I don't actually use them.